Author Thread
Lvstigers

View Profile
I only understand forever - help
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 03:16 PM

I'm probably a bit late in this but I can give you a bit of insight from her position...well me in a similar position anyway.

I had met this awesome guy online, we had one date chatted in IM's and talked on the phone occasionally, daily online for the most part.

After our 1st date, my life turned upside down, we were going to have to move out of my family home, a home my family had lived in for over 30 years, I grew up there. A lot of stuff was pack ratted, so there were rooms full of boxes of stuff that belonged to my parents, my Grand parents and my Great Grand parents, nobody wanted to help much in the packing process. That was extremely stressful for me, then there was trying to find a new home, my job of almost 15 years that decided to get a new computer system and all kinds of fun stuff. I had about 8 weeks after our date to deal with all of this, no chance for time off to deal with the house stuff. So basically my day started at 5am, off to work, home to pack until bedtime. This went on for weeks. Once I was up all night getting ready for the movers to come get the appliances and big furniture, then I had to go to work. My stress level was higher than it'd ever been at this point.

By the time, all the moving was done, and I was moved in with my daughter and grand daughter I was close to a break down, having absolutely no me time having to work weekends at that point because of the new computer system at work, which really stank actually.

What happened to my relationship with the awesome guy?

Well he decided that it was because I didn't like him that I was no longer eager to chatter at him online or talk for awhile on the phone, even though I tried to tell him during all this how stressful it was...basically he disappeared.

So maybe she does just need some time to settle in relax and regroup stress can be a killer of many things. I had to get away for awhile, took a couple days and went to the beach all alone, no demands from anyone just relaxing and resting with the Lord, it did me wonders. But still the guy is long gone.

Lvstigers

View Profile
Where is it?
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 02:47 PM

Thank you Linnie :) much appreciated. I now have a more informative answer for my co-worker. :yay:

Lvstigers

View Profile
Where is it?
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 10:33 AM

A co-worker who is not a believer but has evidently in the past read some of the bible, told me that it says in the bible that men are to grow their beards down the sides of the face to cover the chin but keep their upper lip shaven. I've not been able to find any reference to this, I only find in Lev. that they are not to shave the sides of their heads nor disfigure their beards.

She also thinks that in sins of adultery in the Old Testament only the woman was to be put to death. Tonight at work I will clear that up but I wanted to to make sure I wasn't missing anything with the beard, she says that's why the Amish wear their beards that way.

I'd appreciate any insight, thanks :)

Lvstigers

View Profile
coutry girl or city girl?
Posted : 17 Jun, 2009 10:22 AM

Most definitely all country girl! There is not a drop of city girl in me.

Lvstigers

View Profile
Does Not Want Children
Posted : 13 Jun, 2009 12:08 PM

That can be confusing...I was just looking at some of my matches and wondering why a man over 40 would 'want children'. Are they looking for a much younger mate so they can have more children?

I know that once I reached 40 I did not want to bear any more children, for several reasons...

#1. The risks of birth defects increases after a certain age, I understand that the medical world today can do much to avoid that, but that brings me to...

#2. I don't have the stamina it takes to chase after a bundle of energy 24/7 anymore. When I was younger I did, it gets tougher as I get older. It think this is why we have Grand Children, so we can enjoy them at our convenience and send them home when they've worn us out.

#3. Do I want to be 60 when my child graduates from high school? What about college?

#4. I think I've become a bit selfish with my time, I raised my daughter, during that time, everything was for her. I'm ready to focus a bit on my life.

I love children and always wanted more (when I was younger) God chose not to give me any more, which I'm sure was the best thing considering I did not make a wise marriage choice. He did however bless me with a beautiful and awesome grand daughter full of life and energy and wisdom beyond her years.

Okay, I think I started rambling but anyway, the question was, does not want children mean you want a mate that has no children or that you don't want to father more children. Maybe everyone could clarify their choices in their profiles?

Lvstigers

View Profile
Profile foto feedback..
Posted : 13 Jun, 2009 02:41 AM

Something else to think about Ian, I am also on CM but I'm not paying, therefore, I can't respond to mails on CM. Well I can smile but that's about it. I can't afford to pay. I think this free site is awesome!

Just a thought. :)

Lvstigers

View Profile
Profile Deletion
Posted : 13 Jun, 2009 02:38 AM

I agree with Linnie and Tristan, I think you did the right thing. To ask that his posts be watched was just the thing. I do agree that he could have side tracked new believers. I was very offended by his posts, I found them outrageous.

I think the best thing to do is continue to pray for him but I don't think the poison he spews should be allowed. Prayer is very powerful and if it be Gods will, our prayers will lead to this mans salvation. But it is his choice.

Pray, Pray, Pray anything can happen :yay:

Lvstigers

View Profile
Recently Unemployed
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 11:47 AM

Thank you Ian :peace:

Lvstigers

View Profile
Recently Unemployed
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 01:35 AM

I'll be praying for you Sylvia...Trust in the Lord, He will provide!

If you would all add me and my co-workers to those prayers too I'd appreciate it. My place of employment is laying off all but 5 people. My last day will be June 30th.

It's unsettling but God has seen me through before and I'm trusting Him to continue to do so. He is Awesome!

Thanks and praying abundant blessings for you.

Lvstigers

View Profile
Profiles
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 01:23 AM

Thanks Ian...lol Ian you can call me whatever works for you...but you're right, just not late for dinner!!

I'll have to search for more pictures, for some reason my pictures are hard to find on my computer, it has something to do with wiping the c drive and not remembering where I put them, in the many places I have available :goofball:

Is that picture really small? someone once asked my why my pictures are so small, but I don't know, friends send them to me and that's what I get.

Cattleman I understand, chatting is the best way to get to know people, which is one of the reasons I enjoy MMORPG's not only do you get to chat you get to interact with people in situations that often requires cooperation and patience, after you play with them for awhile you get a real sense of the kind of people they are behind all the words, personalities shine through and it's fun too. :party:

Blessings to you all! :)

Page : 1 2 3 4 5