Author Thread
SeekingGodsBest74

View Profile
Interracial Marrige
Posted : 21 Mar, 2017 04:04 AM

Jack

Jesus defined love to be something so simple. It is baffling to see how complicated some people can make it. If psychology is pulled into the equation people can complicate it into oblivion where it looks nothing like what Jesus taught and instead resembles a means of controlling another person which is the antithesis of love.

There is a lot of hatred in this world we live in - some of it involves skin color or a variation of beliefs. Jesus didn't teach us to hate. Lately I've been thinking the best way to love another person is to close your eyes... use your heart instead.

Peace

SeekingGodsBest74

View Profile
love is hard to find
Posted : 21 Mar, 2017 03:55 AM

garfieldfan

One thing I've noticed about love... it's one of those things you don't always have to go looking for. Sometimes it just finds you even when you least expect it.

In the original post, it reads loud and clear that your main objective it love. Have you completely considered God's ultimate plan for your life?

You made mention of women judging you "too harshly" and some of them being "simple and plain". Real love shouldn't even require the use of one's eyes - it's a verb or action and it's directed elsewhere when it's done correctly.

I was just surprised to read in your next post that you seem to say that you yourself hold certain, select women less valuable than others - mainly those who are divorced, or have children. A single mom is capable of love. A divorced woman is capable of love.

People are picky, I completely understand that. A relationship however involves compromise however all the way to the very end. If you're doing this with God's perfect plan in mind it's not about you getting what you want but rather all that you have to give to another.

Take care and God bless.

SeekingGodsBest74

View Profile
Why God's plan for the divorced doesn't work ...
Posted : 3 Aug, 2016 08:40 PM

Re: God is my Father

Addressing my post by my username rather than the attempted ambiguity in your personal reply would have shown me much more intellectual honesty on your part. Do you really have to hide your face to post here?

I think the most prominent thing I'm seeing in your post is when you quote like this " - the evil one". It almost sounds like you have a personal relationship with him and maybe perhaps God as well at the exact same time but anyone can toss out scripture these days holding the appearance of truth and still be a deceitful worker. I for one was not raised in a strict, home of legalism and as such have been told I would have a better understanding of God's grace than someone who was beaten into believing. I had a free will choice in deciding to accept Jesus as my personal savior and my King. No man, preacher or otherwise is ever going to steal away my free will. God is perfectly allowed and capable of that but God wanted me to have that free will.

I do not appreciate you putting words in my mouth - I made no mention of God changing here in this post. In OT there was no forgiveness, Jesus wasn't around at that point and God had entire generations wiped out. In NT there is mercy, grace, and forgiveness because of the price Jesus paid for all on the cross. God didn't change, attributes were ADDED the same way spiritual gifts are added once your walk with the Lord gets close. I stopped trying to put God in a box a long time ago, and I have zero interest in controlling others through legalism, scripture itself, etc. We catch them, but let God clean them. It's not your job nor mine to "fix" people.

I'm not sure who is planning out sin, but I do recall a verse warning everyone about the adversary coming about as a roaring lion looking for any whom he can devour. Is your main photo of a lion? It looks like a baby lion to me but maybe it's a tiger.

Do you remember the one thief on the cross who admitted his wrongdoing to Jesus and asked to be with him in paradise on that day? Jesus did not start condemning the man, nor preaching at him. Jesus embraced him. Do you truly know who Jesus is because I think you only mentioned his name maybe once.

We're all sinners including you, not one is above reproach but since you decided to state "Be holy, for I am holy" - God" I would sincerely recommend losing all connective imagery with a roaring lion, a working relationship with the evil one (you're quoting him, not me) or a baby lion as your picture as even baby lions grow up one day looking to devour.

I'd say you understand legalism, tradition, and control(fire and brimstone, etc.) far more than you know mercy and grace but God truly knows the human heart better than the both of us. Don't try to control others, God is in complete control when men know the right time to surrender to Him.

There is one thing I do sincerely concur with you on.. calling God a liar is a big no-no. Most often that's only when people worry though whether it's about money, food, or some other facet of life and life has many facets. Our word "worry" comes from two Greek words that essentially mean "divided mind". A house divided cannot stand any more than a divided mind can stand.

Don't preach at people (don't throw words at them and point a finger of accusation - rather show them the love of Jesus Christ.) I believe that your goal here may have been to edify, but the whole time the lion imagery and the close connection to "the evil one" was popping out like a dangerous red flag. Must have been another "Godincidence". I'm due for some much needed rest though nonetheless.

Let divorced people find the person God truly meant for them in free will - God allows people free will. Don't try to steal free will away from people. Having sins forgiven and having wisdom to know people are going to make mistakes is the difference between a controlling, possessive man and God Almighty Himself - one of these shows a better example of unconditional love than the other, do you not agree?

Being a Christian is not a license to sin, but mercy and grace are a much straighter path towards the kingdom of God than legalism and the traditions of men or all of that fire and brimstone stuff which I feel you're embracing. The God I know - I have high reverence for... not fear. It's a healthy respect and a working relationship with God and God alone (through His son Jesus), and I'm not living life in paranoia because unconditional love, free will, and forgiveness is just the right choice over fire and brimstone preaching or being browbeat by some anonymous internet user who seems to communicate with "the evil one".

I don't know if typing all of this was worth it or not, but it was good to flex these apologetic muscles again so I genuinely appreciate you for that.

Take care, I will not duel here any further with you as it in no way glorifies God. Embracing a sinner in love does - that's what Jesus did. "Go and sin no more" is absolutely right when forgiveness is in place with true repentance but I wouldn't be able to sit here in good conscience knowing some people in bad marriages are being hurt, physically or emotionally abused, or live in terror every single day of their lives. Hell is a pit, a holding cell. Life wasn't meant to be one.

Not hiding my face.... (never type when tired!)

SeekingGodsBest74

View Profile
Why God's plan for the divorced doesn't work ...
Posted : 23 Jun, 2016 05:49 PM

I heard a sermon a long time ago on the radio speaking about God's grace.

In Old Testament, God has both the attributes of anger and wrath. In New Testament, God has the attributes of love, mercy, forgiveness, and grace. The verse about the fruits of the spirit is important (Galatians 5:22-23 ends with "against such there is no law." )

While I've seen extremes with some denominations such as condemnation, ex-communication, and even projected hate when a divorce comes to be, the God I know today is more about mercy, forgiveness, and grace. When you became saved, try to imagine Jesus tossing all of your sins into a lake and putting up a "No Fishing" sign. You can dwell on them if you want, but sincere repentance puts those things in the past. Satan is good at reminding believers of their past - it's an efficient way to disable them to do God's work in the present.

Jesus teaches us that there is one unforgivable sin - blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Basically it is complete rejection of Jesus and his redemption of our sins on the cross altogether.

Can God bring two divorced people together to join in marriage which ultimately goes on to glorify Him? I believe that He can. That's forgiveness, mercy, and grace right there and God is good. In the very beginning, God Himself said "It's not good for man to be alone." and then created Eve. One interesting thing to note from the fall - Adam's first response when God was calling for him in the Garden of Eden was "This woman, this woman that you sent me..she did give me the fruit and I did eat." Blame has been going on since the beginning. Be accountable instead of projecting the blame elsewhere.

Human beings are always going to judge, God is just the master at it. Denominations and divisions aren't even of God anyway (be of like mind) and those are all man-made. It's well known that Christians are the only ones who shoot their wounded. Don't let them! Legalism and the traditions of men have taken many denominations far, far away from the Holy Spirit, truth, and God's perfect love.

God bless you!

SeekingGodsBest74

View Profile
It is not biblical for a man of God to take and marry a woman with another man's children.
Posted : 28 Jun, 2015 04:51 PM

I was going to say upon reading the title of the thread - that guy has no clue what love is. It's being the washer of another's feet. The book of Isaiah speaks about the fatherless, and children do need a father whether it is their own, or one who is man enough to do the job in kindness and love - and upon a certain age of accountability our heavenly Father. Without Him, most people are going to wish they were someone else.

There are arguments about divorced folks getting remarried too - mostly scripture pulls from Old Testament. The God of Old Testament was one of judgment and wrath. When Jesus came into the world, God in the New Testament held attributes of mercy and grace. Can God bring two divorced people together for His ultimate glory? In this I have no doubt because God is in complete control. Beware of false teachers - they are everywhere. Legalism and tradition is what led to the pharisees being pharisees. God hates the traditions of men. (I forget the verse # )

I guess he was banned so I don't need to say any more.

God bless!

Page : 1 2 3