Author Thread
Melissam871

View Profile
How should love in a marriage really work?
Posted : 2 Aug, 2017 06:43 AM

@rambo919 I promise i am not ignoring the fact you Commented, its just the site won't show me what you wrote. Thanks

Melissam871

View Profile
Posted : 2 Aug, 2017 04:30 AM

Silver, thank you for your input. Its really helpful advice! I didn't realise that being equally yoked was also meant between Christians. I always assumed it was just about non believers. The list i have to an extent, but for me i find its difficult in that my parents are my obstacle when it comes to this area. Therefore I always feel i have to look to please them. Its really sad at 24 i know!

Personally, this is one of the issues u have in that I have the guy I want and then the type of guy I believe God would want for me. I know i have to choose the one God wants for me, who would be good for me, but its that case of resisting my desire to choose whoever i want rather than be trusting and marry who is best for me in Gods eyes.

Melissam871

View Profile
Posted : 28 Jul, 2017 05:38 PM

Hey all, so I was just wondering, i read somewhere that whole falling in love concept is a load of rubbish and that Christians can actually make a marriage work by choosing to love someone, rather than meeting the one. What's the deal please?

Melissam871

View Profile
Posted : 28 Jul, 2017 05:38 PM

Hey all, so I was just wondering, i read somewhere that whole falling in love concept is a load of rubbish and that Christians can actually make a marriage work by choosing to love someone, rather than meeting the one. What's the deal please?

Melissam871

View Profile
serious dating
Posted : 23 Jul, 2017 11:35 AM

Ur Morning Star has given you a really good insight there as to how most serious christian ladies would want it to happen. We are human at the end of the day, so it may be that there are girls on here who say they are christian but want to treat this like tinder, so go for a sexual hook up. We are NOT all like that, please remember that! However a lot of the time, even younger ladies just want it to be calmer and less intense at first to find out are you a potential match and are you a good fit in Gods eyes? If she is serious, she will find out from the start what are your intentions just as you should also be asking her that. :-) Feel free to disagree, just my take on it.

Melissam871

View Profile
Girl, woman and lady
Posted : 23 Jul, 2017 11:16 AM

Personally, i feel that once you are able to express maturity as a woman or lady, you should no longer be called a girl as the name girl brings up connotations of inexperience, childlike behavior a d immaturity. Just the same as when you use the word boy, you may use it as a mild insult to convey that you think someone is immature. So when it comes to me personally i think it is essential men are careful how they use these words in front of a lady or woman so as not to offend.

Melissam871

View Profile
Truth!
Posted : 1 Jul, 2017 09:23 AM

I think there's a few but not many myself. Personally I think it's a tough one as so many of the men on here at first will appear genuine and then they come up with what they really want once they think you have let your guard down. I find sometimes you can tell its coming and others you are less aware until it hits you. I am not specifically looking for a man to date myself yet, not the reason I signed up to this, but I can imagine it's frustrating for all who are, so it's a good question but a tough one.

Melissam871

View Profile
Any church reccomendations in New Jersey or New York?
Posted : 28 Jun, 2017 04:26 AM

Thank you Anne, appreciate your comment, I will do! God bless Melissa

Melissam871

View Profile
Any church reccomendations in New Jersey or New York?
Posted : 19 Mar, 2017 06:39 PM

Hey all

I have just come out to live in New Jersey for a year to work in New York. So I am trying to find a church to be attending while I am out here as I a, a Christian who needs to be with the lords people. If anyone can offer me any reccomendations,bit would be appreciated :) I was brought up Presbyterian but I am open to any churches as long as they are about worshipping God.

Melissam871

View Profile
New Jersey People?
Posted : 19 Mar, 2017 06:22 PM

I have just moved here to New Jersey for a year, do I count? :)

Page : 1 2 3 4