Author Thread
KJVonly

View Profile
Cafeteria Christianity- Would you eat there?
Posted : 14 Aug, 2019 06:49 AM

I have Catholic friends right now. I don't hate Catholics. I just don't agree with the doctrine. They have 2 mediators. Mary and the Church.

I married a Catholic and we raised our kids in that faith.

I taught my kids the doctrine

My mother was anti- Catholic for a while then started going to mass and to school on friday with the kids and meet them for mass in the church on that day.

No, I don't want a universal church doctrine in my life. The Catholic Pope's have been trying to retrieve the people that broke with the "Mother church" for quite some time now.

In the Pope's encyclical letter called Laudato Si, in May 2015, he was trying to get a mandatory Sunday rest day observance for families.

All for unity.

KJVonly

View Profile
Posted : 14 Aug, 2019 06:31 AM

Luke 12:51-53 King James Version (KJV)

51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.

53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Well, I guess I wasn't the only one!

KJVonly

View Profile
Posted : 13 Aug, 2019 10:35 PM

Or what about the Pope saying gays can enter heaven?

or that he would baptize "aliens" from "outer space". Do a google search. It should take you to the Independant website. His quote:Pope Francis has said that he would be willing to baptise aliens if they came to the Vatican, asking “who are we to close doors” to anyone - even Martians.

End quote

The Pope has a reprobate mind like the rest of the nutty world we live in. And he is supposed to be god on earth for the Catholics.Pope Innocent III (1198-1216) wrote: “We may according to the fullness of our power, dispose of the law and dispense above the law. Those whom the Pope of Rome doth separate, it is not a man that separates them but God. For the Pope holdeth place on earth, not simply of a man but of the true God.” (1 Book of Gregory 9 Decret. c. 3)

You know they built that on "sacred ground" of the native american Indians in Arizona.

The observatory is called Mt. Graham.

KJVonly

View Profile
Posted : 13 Aug, 2019 10:26 PM

I assume the minors would not be contrary to the teachings of Jesus then?

What about infant baptism...sprinkling..

Confirmations

or mandatory "church" attendance? no salvation outside the "Church"

Added feasts days unto Mary..or some other god or goddess.

There is an awful lot of Catholicism in denominations today. Even parrot's new age bible says to confess your sins to one another!

KJVonly

View Profile
People can't handle the brutal truth of Jesus.
Posted : 13 Aug, 2019 10:18 PM

Yes, but marriage is a picture of Jesus and his church bride. There is forgiveness in a marriage and lots of grace!!

You can learn alot about your relationship with Jesus through a marriage IMHO.

There is more than just L O V E, although that is good.

So is that what you meant by working, is practicing forgiveness and grace out of love?

KJVonly

View Profile
Posted : 13 Aug, 2019 10:10 PM

Can you expound on what your concept of a good church would be then? You mentioned love? Isn't there more to it than that? I don't want to jump to conclusions and take you out of context. so I will await your response before posting further.

KJVonly

View Profile
People can't handle the brutal truth of Jesus.
Posted : 13 Aug, 2019 10:04 PM

Because I am brutally honest myself (Maybe I am a modern day Deborah type-she was called little bee because her word's stung. She also went into battle with Barak and their enemy was destroyed-see the book of Judges) I appreciate the brutal truth found in the Lord's Holy Word.

But here is the thing...

Most people can't handle the truth!

I have noticed some people embrace another Jesus and this Jesus is attached to false gospels.I used to go to "church" and rarely pick up my bible...until I quit "church" and started feeding off his Word. It is important that you study the scriptures and he will be revealed to you through his Word. Jesus wants a relationship , not a religion.

KJVonly

View Profile
**WHAT DOES GOD'S WORD SAY ABOUT THE PREACHIING AND TEACHING OF MEN AND WOMEN IB CHURCH**??
Posted : 13 Aug, 2019 09:19 PM

Yes, I forgot about her doing that!

KJVonly

View Profile
Posted : 13 Aug, 2019 08:55 PM

LOL. Parrot..

Your quote from scripture

so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

End quote

But your sola fide! You don't have works!!

KJVonly

View Profile
Posted : 13 Aug, 2019 08:52 PM

Surely that is sarcasm Zech.

You were poking fun , right?

Page : 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130