Author Thread
KJVonly

View Profile
Cafeteria Christianity- Would you eat there?
Posted : 13 Aug, 2019 08:46 PM

I was pointing out facts because that is the state of attendance in "churches" today. Alot of it thanks to Joel Osteen and Oprah mainly. They have the most influence .

KJVonly

View Profile
Eisegesis or exegesis
Posted : 13 Aug, 2019 06:50 PM

This topic is how you study the Word of God. I gave you an example and for me it is not trivial.

KJVonly

View Profile
Eisegesis or exegesis
Posted : 13 Aug, 2019 06:48 PM

For me it is exegesis.

KJVonly

View Profile
Cafeteria Christianity- Would you eat there?
Posted : 13 Aug, 2019 06:36 PM

It is an amalgamation of different denominations and beliefs called" Cafeteria Christianity"...or universal "Church"

I will take a little of this on my plate and a little of that...

Oh that looks yummy! I have itching ears! Gimme that!

KJVonly

View Profile
“Christian” bookstore??
Posted : 13 Aug, 2019 06:34 PM

It is an amalgamation of different denominations and beliefs called" Cafeteria Christianity"...

I will take a little of this on my plate and a little of that...

Oh that looks awesome! I have itching ears! Gimme that!

KJVonly

View Profile
For a Truthful and More Precise Theology
Posted : 13 Aug, 2019 06:31 PM

LittleDavid quote

I believe the world we in which live, with its many diverse religious views and even the diversity of views within particular religions, clearly manifests the need to think critically about what we believe.

End quote

(Huge grins)

Quote:

But back on topic, I would like readers to consider a more literate approach to Bible study, which would involve the selection of a few well written study books on the topic

End quote

KJVonly

View Profile
Who, or what are you under ( hupotasso )
Posted : 13 Aug, 2019 06:08 PM

From Josephus the Jewish historian...

I thought you may find this interesting.

A SWORD IN THE SKY

“So it was when a star resembling a sword, stood over the city[Jerusalem] and a comet which continued for a year.” [In 66 AD]

Keep in mind what the shape of a sword is and how closely a sword appears to a cross. If swords and crosses are similarly shaped, then perhaps this statement by Jesus in the Olivet Discourse was fulfilled by the sign of the sword in the sky:

“Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.” (Matt. 24:30)

The “Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven” is a reference to the judgment of Jerusalem which was physically manifested in the Roman Army which surrounded the city and destroyed it.

THE LAST PROPHET: JESUS/JOSHUA

“But a further portent was even more alarming. Four years before the war [in Tabernacles time in 62 C.E.] when the city was enjoying profound peace and prosperity, there came to the feast at which it was the custom of all Jews to form tabernacles to God, one Joshua, [Another way of saying “Jesus” or “Y’Shua”] son of Ananias, a rude peasant, who, standing in the Temple, suddenly began to cry out, ‘A voice from the east, a voice from the west, a voice from the four winds; a voice against Jerusalem and the sanctuary, a voice against the bridegroom and the bride, a voice against all the people.’

“Day and night he went about all the alleys with this cry on his lips. Some of the leading citizens, incensed at these ill-omened words, arrested the fellow and severely chastised him. But he without a word on his own behalf or for the private ear of those who smote him only continued his cries as before.

“Thereupon, the magistrates, supposing, as was indeed the case that the man was under some supernatural impulse, brought him before the Roman governor; there, although flayed to the bone with scourges, he neither sued for mercy nor shed a tear, but, merely introducing the most mournful of variations into his ejaculation [words from his mouth], responded to each stroke with ‘Woe to Jerusalem!’

“When Albinus, the [Roman] governor asked him who [he was] and whence he was [where he came from] and why he uttered these cries, he answered him never a word, but unceasingly reiterated his dirge over the city, until Albinus pronounced him a maniac and let him go.

“During the whole period up to the outbreak of the war he neither approached nor was seen talking to any of the citizens, but daily, like a prayer…repeated his lament, ‘Woe to Jerusalem!’ He neither cursed any of those who beat him from day to day, nor blessed those who offered him food: to all men that melancholy presage was his one reply. His cries were loudest at the festivals.

“So for seven years and five months he continued his wail, his voice never flagging nor his strength exhausted, until the siege, having seen his presage verified, he found his rest. For, while going his round and shouting in piercing tones from the wall, ‘Woe once more to the city and to the people and to the Temple,’ as he added a last word, ‘and woe to me also,’ a stone hurled from the ballista struck and killed him on the spot. So with those ominous words still on his lips he passed away.”

How fascinating! One final “Jesus” is sent to the people to pronounce daily, unending “woe” upon them right up until the armies are actually surrounding the city.

NOTE: Titus reportedly refused to accept a wreath of victory, saying that the victory did not come through his own efforts but that he had merely served as an instrument of God’s wrath.[6] [Philostratus, The Life of Apollonius of Tyana]

KJVonly

View Profile
John 14 verses 21 - 24
Posted : 13 Aug, 2019 03:30 PM

This must have been an older copy and paste of Parrots because I was recently added to his list at the bottom.

KJVonly

View Profile
Eisegesis or exegesis
Posted : 13 Aug, 2019 02:48 PM

I will humour you..again..

Your quote parrot.

What will be the sign of your Coming and the **END** of the age?"

End quote

Kind of a Catch -22 as a "satanic" woman is not supposed to "teach"...but ok, down the rabbit hole we go , once again!!!

I have answered your questions in other threads over a period of time as the subject came up.

Let me ask you this..how many END of the AGES are there?

There was just the old covenant/Age of Moses..And the New covenant/Christian Age that has no end. There were two houses..the house of Judah and the House of Israel..Who did God divorce? Which house?

Jeremiah 3:8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

And the LORD said unto me, The backsliding Israel hath justified herself more than treacherous Judah.

How shall I pardon thee for this? thy children have forsaken me, and sworn by them that are no gods: when I had fed them to the full, they then committed adultery, and assembled themselves by troops in the harlots' houses.

8 They were as fed horses in the morning: every one neighed after his neighbour's wife.

Jesus says....now pay attention!

Matthew 15:24 King James Version (KJV)

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Isaiah 45:17

“But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.”

Ephesians 3:21

“Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.”

Watch this: Peter is addressing the ELECT:

1 Peter 1 King James Version (KJV)

1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, TO the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, ( speaking to the diaspora scattered abroad . See James 1:1 for a parallel letter to the 12 TRIBES)

2 ELECT according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto YOU, and peace, be multiplied.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten US again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for YOU.

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto SALVATION ready to be revealed in the LAST TIME.

9 Receiving the end of YOUR faith, even the SALVATION of YOUR souls.

10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto YOU:

11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

12 Unto whom it WAS revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto US they did minister the things, which are NOW reported unto YOU by them that have preached the GOSPEL unto YOU with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

13 Wherefore gird up the loins of YOUR mind, be sober, and hope to the END for the grace that is to be brought unto YOU at the REVELATION of Jesus Christ;

What was Revelation about Parrot? US..? or them?

KJVonly

View Profile
Eisegesis or exegesis
Posted : 13 Aug, 2019 01:03 PM

Prophetic.

I have answered all of your questions pertaining to the end times prophecies.

You refuse to listen . That is ok. But don't call me a satanist for pointing out scripture that shows that it already occured.

Keep your lutheran doctrine of sola fide. It is ok!

It doesn't affect what I believe. I was merely pointing out that I believed the Pope was the antichrist once also!

So sit back in terror for the GREAT TRIB that is coming. As for me, I am not. I may have to deal with persecution from the Pope as he is head of the now accepted Universal "Church" since there are seasons of that throughout history..especially the middle ages concerning power struggles..I don't see a power struggle now but there are saints that are in opposition to it.. The ones who hold to the Word of God as their standard.

Why does end time eschatology cause you such grief ? See, the devil hates being exposed that his power on this earth is gone concerning death. He likes it when he has you believing that he is all powerful still to this very day! You stroke his ego too much Parrot. He has been defeated.

Page : 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131