Author Thread
KJVonly

View Profile
Thoughts on Reincarnation
Posted : 16 Aug, 2019 11:54 AM

Zech, I fear for you, lest you have believed on Jesus Christ in vain..

I sound like Paul but let me assure you, I am NOT Paul.

You seem shaken that you may not somehow make it to heaven.

You have too much head knowledge with all your various books and I fear you are lead astray.

We certainly do owe alot to our modern culture .

See, people do test things out before they release them for human consumption.

For instance, if you can get someone to laugh or get tied up emotionally in a movie or song or speech, you can get the audience to go along with what you say or promote much of the time. My husband did that well..He would put a sign around a dogs neck that said, "Loves Squirrels" and take him to sell at the local sale barn. Or he would have one shoe on display and have "Special" wrote on a sign next to it...a mexican lady asked what was so special about the shoe? He said .."Because there is only one!" . She laughed and bought all of our other shoes for sale for her family in Mexico. He would brag he could sell icewater to Eskimos and sand to the people in the desert. And he probably could have!

Some preachers use strawman arguments to build up a phantom enemy then tear it down.

It is done alot in the news media as well. ! I study this stuff.

Take for instance the (I can prove this) crisis actors who get on TV and ask that our guns be taken away and plead with tears for it . Tears move people, get it? I have seen the same people that are on TV with different stories and victims. SAME people/different stories! So Trump is right about the fake news. That is about the only truth out of him I have heard in a long while. The world is in chaos. Not surprised since Obama lit up the White House in rainbow colors.

Take the DaVinci code movie and book. Who doesn't like Forrest Gump/Tom Hanks or Castaway "Wilson" ( didn't we all feel so sorry for him when he had a bloody ball for a friend.?) So he was an obvious choice to get people to go along with the controversial message in the movie in 2006. At the end, Hanks character says he believes that Jesus was a very divine MAN. This was the blasphemous garbage I watched before I was saved so there is hope if you seek truth!!! The DaVinci code book is so blasphemous that it is banned in several countries. Lebanon and India have more morals than America where it is only rebuked by some Churches and Christians. That should tell you something!Then you got Alex Jones and Steven Anderson and others in the pulpit leading the opposition.

Remember that movie with Robert Downey Jr. called Captain America? The subtitle was Civil War. Divided the fall , right? That is what is happening to America . America is falling like the Roman Empire.

Back to reality ..Ask yourself..

How bad do you want eternal life? How bad do you want to conform to the ways of Jesus.? Be like him? How bad do you want to lay down sin?

That is what it will take. Just like a smoker...you can try all these other things like nicotine patches, vapes, acupuncture, meditation, hypnosis, etc..but what does it come down to in the end? A choice...willpower. All other sources are band-aids that don't work!

People can sit in Church for years...YEARS and hear preaching every week , sometimes, twice a week if they go on Wednesday also..and not be saved! . It comes down to not playing around with God anymore. A choice! You are either for or against him. God is longsuffering. But if a person has a heart hardened toward God then he won't be for long. And he knows the heart of mankind. 1 Chronicles 28:9 And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the Lord searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.

It comes down to trusting his finished work on the cross..

He didn't faint or end up somehow escaping it and marrying Mary with 2 kids in France like the DaVinci code says.

It comes down to believing Jesus is begotten of the Father and he is God manifested in the flesh and he is a propitiation . His blood removes your sins when you believe on him. You are justified , righteous and you will escape the wrath of God.

Do you believe he died, was buried and rose on the third day? Do you confess him as LORD?.

Romans 10:9-10 King James Version (KJV)

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

I will continue to pray for you. Hugs

KJVonly

View Profile
Posted : 16 Aug, 2019 10:39 AM

Zech quote:

I'm the one going outside to extra Biblical extant ancient writings such as Vedic, Egyptian and Sumerian Texts.

End quote

I used to go with extra biblical also once, Jubilees, book of Enoch, etc. until I started to realize it was replacing unknown truth with truth of the Bible. It was confusion for me.

Between 1947 and 1956 approximately 15 Jubilees scrolls were found in five caves at Qumran, all written in Hebrew. The large number of manuscripts (more than for any biblical books except for Psalms, Deuteronomy, Isaiah, Exodus, and Genesis, in descending order) indicates that Jubilees was widely used at Qumran.

The Book of Enoch was considered as scripture in the Epistle of Barnabas (16:4) and by many of the early Church Fathers, such as Athenagoras, Clement of Alexandria, Irenaeus and Tertullian, who wrote c. 200 that the Book of Enoch had been rejected by the Jews because it contained prophecies pertaining to Christ.

And see , this is why! Because it was Alexandrain ! What our modern so called bibles are translated from!!!

No one wants to have their eyes open to truth! Some modern bibles are corrupt! Do you read the Egyptian book of the dead also Zech? (sighs) You have some mystical type of religion I feel. I got another post coming for you. It got erased yesterday ..an hours worth of work!

KJVonly

View Profile
Independent Lights
Posted : 16 Aug, 2019 10:16 AM

Hmmm ...Offhand response..I want to say Jesus is the light...he was there at creation and made every thing..and he is called light of the world...and is our spiritual light.

The Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters...then the light came..and was divided from darkness.

This will take more critical thinking and searching of the scriptures..

KJVonly

View Profile
Parrot , confess your sins to me like your bible says!
Posted : 16 Aug, 2019 10:00 AM

Montana yes,we should confess any sins we committed to one another . But not all our sins that don't apply to the person surely!

example...sorry I borrowed this without asking vs. all the sins you ever committed.

But the way it is worded in Prophetics translation seems way off.

Translations have changed in 500 years since the KJV 1611. I can prove that in some modern day translations they remove verses about sin remission through his blood.

Colossians 1:14 (KJV)

“In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:”

Colossians 1:14 New International Version (NIV)

14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

You can compare translations through Biblehub also.

I have more on this in another thread. I think it had NWO or New Age in the title.

It is sad to see God's Word chopped in Modern versions. Especially one so popular .

KJVonly

View Profile
Posted : 15 Aug, 2019 02:34 PM

Zech,

I fear I may have done more harm than good. Reincarnation is not biblical at all. John the baptist came in the spirit of Elijah but was NOT Elijah. John even answered NO when asked.

Some use that verse as proof for reincarnation.

The bible was written under the direction of the Holy Spirit but the writers were not God. Just Holy men OF God.

19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

THE DEVIL TWISTS GOD'S TRUTHS INTO PERVERTED LIES:

•Reincarnation says you are born again into the curse of the carnal flesh.

• JESUS CHRIST said you must be born again by the Spirit.

• If one believes in reincarnation, they die more than once. They see a second death.

• Those who are born again into the Spirit through faith in Jesus Christ, escape the second death (Rev 2:11, 21:8), and only die once, for they have eternal life.

Daniel 12:2 King James Version (KJV)

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

KJVonly

View Profile
Posted : 15 Aug, 2019 10:48 AM

From an article:Reincarnation is seen as a tool for growth and learning - and perhaps even joy. Although each incarnation will carry its measure of suffering and sorrow, it will also bring the joy of new relationships, new experiences, and new wisdom and insight. Each incarnation is followed by a period of rest and reflection before the soul gets on the merry-go-round again. This perspective affirms the cycle of rebirth as a positive process.

Another one I found was on Ascended Masters.

Ascended Masters are believed to be individuals who have lived in physical bodies, acquired the Wisdom and Mastery needed to become Immortal and Free of the cycles of "re-embodiment" and karma, and have attained their "Ascension" (the Sixth Initiation). They consider the Ascension to be the complete permanent union of the raised and purified outer self with their Mighty "I AM" Presence - that True Identity that is the unique Individualization of Almighty God residing in each person .

End article

What blasphemy for anyone to think they ARE God or little gods...but that teaching is out there. Creflo Dollar promotes it.

So, you wonder then if mankind, if he somehow" missed it" in this life with limited time to gain vast amounts of knowledge to enter heaven , to "get it right" perhaps, could be reborn again to somehow right the wrongs in the previous life and gradually climb a ladder to heaven( as in different levels of reaching heaven) Just like the book Dante's Inferno where there was different levels of hell -where the punishment fit the crime. Is that your take on eternal life? That God wouldn't want anyone to perish and so sends them through the washing machine to come out white as snow?

So, for instance, maybe if you are secretly racist, you may be of color in the next body to help you let go of your mindset concerning different races. Is that a fair assumption? I saw a Twilight Zone episode years ago like that once . An American soldier was changed into the body of a Japanese enemy and he was now the one hunted down. I think TV/books and other media has corrupted and replaced alot of truth . Stick to scripture!

KJVonly

View Profile
Posted : 15 Aug, 2019 10:25 AM

Zech

Yes, I wanted to give a bit of context.. Mine those truths! dig deep!

KJVonly

View Profile
Posted : 15 Aug, 2019 10:18 AM

“Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: ‘Death is swallowed up in victory.’ ”

Our “earthly house” refers to our mortal bodies of flesh; “this tabernacle” refers to this temporal realm, the tabernacle of the material heavens and earth. (Ps. 104:2 – God stretches out the heavens likes the curtain of a tent.) Dissolution of our earthly house speaks to putting off the body in death. The “building of God, not made with hands, eternal in the heavens” speaks to our immortal, immaterial, and spiritual bodies. These are received and enjoyed in heaven, not upon a “new earth.”

II Cor. 5:2, 3: “For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven. If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.”

In the resurrection, we are clothed with our immaterial and immortal house from heaven, not our fleshly, mortal bodies of earth. “Naked” speaks to putting off the body of flesh in death; “clothed” speaks to putting on the spiritual body in the resurrection of life.

II Cor. 5:6-8: “Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: (For we walk by faith not by sight:) We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.”

Could the apostle have made it more plain? We would be absent from the body of flesh that we might be at home with the Lord. If, in the resurrection we are reunited with the body, we will be at home in the body and absent from the Lord! Clearly, that is no part of the Christian’s hope.

II Cor. 5:10: "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that everyone may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad."

This verse, following hard upon the heels of those going before, which so clearly proclaim that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord, makes clear that in the judgment men will not be clothed with houses of clay. That they are to receive the things done while in the body clearly implies that at the judgment they would be in the body no more. They have passed from this life and put off their bodies of clay and gone to be judged for the things done while still in the flesh.

Gal. 3:3: “Are ye so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?”

Those who hold that the “spirits of just men made perfect” (Heb. 12:23) must be reunited with the flesh to be complete and inherit eternal life, fall under the like condemnation Paul reproaches the Galatians with. The completion of man’s salvation is the union of spirit with God in heaven, not being newly clothed upon with bodies of clay.

Heb. 11:13, 17: “These all died in faith, not having receive d the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on earth…But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.”

Note that the patriarchs and great men of faith were strangers upon earth and looked for an heavenly city and country. The notion that man’s eternal state is in a material new earth is childish in its understanding and literalism and boarders on being heretical. It is the stuff of Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mormons. It is an express denial of the scripture.

Heb. 12:23: “To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect.”

The spirits of the righteous who died before Christ were not wanting bodies, but atonement. With the “blood of sprinkling” (v. 22) they were made wholly perfect and the way into heaven opened to them. What need have they of fleshly bodies seeing they are already perfect? Moreover, the general assembly of the firstborn (the church) are written in heaven, not a new earth. Our conversation is in heaven (Phil. 3:20); we are to set our affections there (Col. 3:1) because that is the place of our eternal abode. (Heb. 12:10, 13, 16)

I Pet. 4:6: “For for this cause was the gospel preached also unto them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.”

This verse seems to speak to the saints of prior ages who had the gospel preached to them in the types and similitudes of the Old Law. Although condemned by the law according to men in the flesh, they were justified by the atoning blood of Christ that they might live according to God in the spirit. To be reunited with bodies of clay is no part of the divine purpose.

Rev. 20:12, 13: “And I saw the dead, small and great stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.”

Here is imagery portraying judgment day. We note that physical bodies are conspicuously absent. The dead stand before God. That they are “dead,” signifies they are on the other side of eternity in the realm of the spirit, not upon earth. The “sea” is symbolic of tartarus, the place of the lost dead; “hell” (hades) speaks to paradise, the place of the saints and martyrs. The dead come forth from hades tartarus and paradise to receive their respective rewards. The whole transaction is portrayed as occurring in the realm of the spirit, not the flesh, in the immaterial realm of eternity, and not time.

Conclusion

The error of the Jews and early church has been kept alive by those today who look for a fleshly resurrection upon earth. The earthly resurrection of the believer is related to the error of the bodily, visible return of Christ and the bodily rapture of the saints. By very definition, the spiritual realm is eternal and immaterial. Flesh and blood bodies are bounded by time and space and therefore cannot inherit incorruption. Let us hold fast to our hope for we will reap in due time if we faint not.

KJVonly

View Profile
Cafeteria Christianity- Would you eat there?
Posted : 14 Aug, 2019 10:46 PM

Oops..I meant the Catholic church has 3 mediators..

Mary, Church and Pope

It follows that the exegete must be attentive to perceiving the word of God present in the biblical texts, fitting them into the Church's faith itself. The interpretation of the Sacred Scriptures cannot only be an individual scientific effort. Rather, it must always be confronted, inserted and authenticated by the living Tradition of the Church. — Pope Francis to the Pontifical Biblical Commission, April 12, 2013.

KJVonly

View Profile
Posted : 14 Aug, 2019 10:13 PM

0 Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.

21 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.

22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;

26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Page : 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127