Author Thread
sskookum

View Profile
Please help me with your prayers!
Posted : 13 Jun, 2011 07:27 PM

Thanks you guys for your support and prayers! Not getting anywhere fast with it, but I know that every little bit will help. I may need to get on the patch, but I am testing out my will power first. I think that is what I need the most.

sskookum

View Profile
Please help me with your prayers!
Posted : 10 Jun, 2011 10:39 AM

Please include me in your prayers as I am going to get rid of the cigarettes for good!! The next couple of months will be hard, so if you could, please pray for more strength for me to complete this task. I don't want it in my life anymore. I have had times where I did great, but it had always returned in my life. I will have a rougher go of it this time because I am always around my brother and he isn't going after giving it up any time soon. It will sure test my perseverance.

sskookum

View Profile
Evolution vs Creationism
Posted : 26 May, 2011 12:28 PM

If all things evolve, then why didn't any other animals evolve into something more?

What did an elephant evolve from? Or kangaroo, dog, cat, lizard, cow, horse? Why would it only be the ape that supposedly evolved into a higher form?

We were created is what my take on it will always be:) God created us in His own image. I don't think that He started out as an ape...haha!

sskookum

View Profile
How about a "General" topic discussion area?
Posted : 17 May, 2011 01:19 PM

Exactly!! I think more people would feel comfortable and join in. This is a dating site, so why not be able to mingle on here with general discussions? There is a lot of positive that could come out of it.

sskookum

View Profile
How about a "General" topic discussion area?
Posted : 14 May, 2011 08:29 PM

A "General" topic area could be used to talk about anything that is not covered by any of the other topic areas.

sskookum

View Profile
Plight of the Perfectionist
Posted : 14 May, 2011 11:34 AM

Who do you want in your life? I don't believe that we will ever find someone that is the perfect image of what we can imagine. There has to be difference there somewhere because none of us have ever walked in the same shoes, or even realize how many miles we have walked in them. I was also raised with manners, being polite by opening doors for women, or in any situation for all people. Don't lose that part of you. I think that it is the good that is in us, that no matter what the situation, we strive for that good that is there. It can only bring out more good.

I also hear what you are saying about your perception of life when it comes to how christian women have married "badboys" so to speak. I have seen something similar in the past and learned that when I start grouping people together, it kind of takes away from the individual, making it seem like they are just part of this same group. I know that life is harder when I had done this in the past. By doing that, I took those individuals out of the well worn shoes they have walked in, and put a pair on them that matched up with a bunch of others. I started to categorize people, and the more I did that, the more negative I got about those certain people that I was doing that to. The focus here is that I was the one that was doing it. That is something that I can change. Everyone has to walk in their own shoes and experience life in how they go about it. It is not something we can control. But we can change ourselves and the way that we think for the better. But we won't be able to do that if we are focusing on the lives of other people and the way they go about living. We have to go about our lives, going after our own aspirations, the ones that make us more of who we are, as better people, find the way to love ourselves first before we can ever find a person to love for the rest of our lives. We need to become more balanced in our own lives.

Trying to be a perfectionist about things is not going to help in any case either. Yes, it is good to try and do something to the best of your ability, but no one is perfect. Who can say what is perfect? Who wrote those words in a book? No one. All we have on this earth is society to tell us what to strive for, what would be considered a "perfect" life. I think that a lot of people use that word for themselves as a cloak, somewhere to hide from their true self. They don't like what they see in themselves or don't know who they are, and they don't think that others will either, so they go around town pretending they are these confident, perfect people to impress who? The other confident, perfect people? What is the gain out of that? Just a bunch of smoke and mirrors. There isn't any character to these people because they don't even know who they are, to strive to be more. They somehow try and show to others that they are on the top of the world, that they are the ones to be envied. If these people don't change, they will forever live a life of imprisonment within themselves.

You sound like a good man that wants a great relationship. Just to be honest with you, if you think that you are perfect, and don't have any ideas on how to become even better, then life is over. You would not have any room to grow. Be like the plants of the earth and find ways to grow as an individual. Be as tall as a Redwood if you like. Just don't be perfect. If the women that are on this site are all grouped up in that category, then your mind will not change about christian women. I know they are not all the same. Finding one that strays away from the crowd, make that leads their own path away from the crowd would be one that I would consider. No cookie cutter for me please.

sskookum

View Profile
Planning a trip to a beach...
Posted : 14 May, 2011 10:04 AM

I am planning a trip to a beach that will be on the east coast of North America. I don't know where I will be going yet, but maybe with your help from your own experiences, you will let me know where you have went to and enjoyed. Florida is out of the equation because I have been there a few times. But every state that is north of that, I haven't touched. I am looking for more of a place to find adventure in a natural setting, one that would offer rock formations to climb around on, plenty of unrestricted beaches to roam, and possibly close to a mountainous area, if this even exists on the east coast. Thanks!

sskookum

View Profile
I JUST POSTED A NEW TOPIC BUT IT IS NOT HERE
Posted : 13 May, 2011 09:07 PM

I would guess that I am around the 580th view...Hi! :) Maybe the rest have taken a vow of silence?? Haha!! Sorry...had to laugh at that one:) Welcome ________O... just rolling out the welcome mat...you might want to move your...oh yeah, just in time...man, that would have hurt! Right this way Ma'am...your deluxe accommodations awaits:)

sskookum

View Profile
The Ninth Commandment
Posted : 13 May, 2011 04:26 PM

Thanks Bahira:) That pretty much clears it up for me, for the time being anyway.

sskookum

View Profile
The Ninth Commandment
Posted : 12 May, 2011 08:30 PM

Thanks Twosparrows!

At SirJames-I see what you are saying and at first glance that is what I would perceive to do. When I think of the word "neighbor", isn't that kind of the way we are supposed to treat all people, even our enemies? So all people would be considered neighbors?

How do we know that it is in God's plan to lie to the Nazi's? Do we determine God's will by having our faith in Him, to know that that is the right thing to do? The timing of the Nazi's were of course after Jesus was on the earth so that kind of leads me to think that we are supposed to emmulate ourselves to be more like Jesus. Jesus loved everyone, even his enemies.

God takes everyone when it is their time. How do we as humans help make that kind of decision to know that it is a part of God's plan?

Page : 1 2