Author Thread
Veggie

View Profile
Dating a divorced man
Posted : 22 Oct, 2012 11:17 PM

So many post here so I'm not sure who said that abuse is curable, but I am interested in how one can explain that to my friend's children whose Dad stabbed her repeatedly in a fit of rage because she finally got the nerve to leave after over 20+years of abuse. You would be hard pressed to find a sweeter, more obedient wife. And the children, was abuse curable for them. Some people are just controlled by the spirit of Satan. That may have not been the way they were prior to marriage but God gives us choices, and sometimes people choose to serve Satan. Satan is real and God gives us a choice in who we wish to serve. Elijah said how long will you halter between the two if Baal be God choose him, if God be God choose him. Joshua said choose you this day who you will serve but as for me and my house we will serve The Lord. God is love and according to Jer. 17:9,10 he says that "the heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked who can know it". Then he answers his own question and says, "I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doing". He is a forgiving God as seen in 1 John 2:1-2"My little children these things I write unto you that you sin not. And if any man sin we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous and he is the propitiation for our sins and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. To the new Christian, you have it right, what is past is past. Rom. 10:9 says "that if thou shalt confess with thou mouth the Lord Jesus and shalt believe in thine heart that God raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved". 1 John 1:9 " If we confess our sins, he's is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness", that's justification. After this cleansing he wants us to walk in the light and be obedient to his will, being guided by the holy spirit and learning how to live godly by studying his word, praying, and telling others of him, that's sanctification. The goal is to "Go and sin no more" but if we do sin through the deceptions of Satan we will always have an advocate for our names are written as the scars in his palms, and that is all who accepts Him by way of his plan of salvation as explained in John 3:16. My heart is exceedingly glad that it is God not man who judges. God is not the tyrant many make him out to be. My heart pains when anything but a picture of love is painted of him. He loves us and has good thoughts where we are concerned, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not evil,to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken into you" Jer. 29:11-12. It is my sincere pray that all here who need hearts to be healed have their hearts healed. According to the will of God be blessed.

Veggie

View Profile
Weird Question
Posted : 3 Apr, 2012 07:00 AM

Hi

I don't know if this girl was right about you but there is a way than a man can be too sensitive. It is similiar to wearing your feelings on your shoulder. We all grow up in different homesettings which actually is a type of culture. In our family, we grew up speaking freely and honestly. We laugh about things, and it is just no big deal. However, this attitude in a relationship can cause problems for people, especially until they get to know us. This could be the sense that she means. I have met men who, because I am the strong independent type, I have found to be sensitive also. That being said, one of my best friends is the most sensitive men I know. What women don't realize is that a sensitve man will always be in tune to her feelings and needs. He knows just when she needs a hug and some words of encouragement. Don't let her fool you and string you along when you could be dating someone who appreciates you for who you are. A sensitve man can be a blessing in disguise. It is quite possible that she knows this and will want to keep you around because you are perfect emotionally for her. This is a hard thing to find in a man. That "I am 100% man", Tarzan-of-the-Apes, :MrT:mentality can get old really fast in a long-term relationship. So, if you are not "overly" sensitive, it is not a bad thing. You are not the one with the issue, she is.

Veggie

View Profile
What are good clues for a guy to know if a girl is interested in him more than just being friends?
Posted : 3 Apr, 2012 06:43 AM

Hi Nighthawk,:waving:

I think that you are right. It would make a what seemed like perfect friendship fill awkward for some. You could just ask, be told you're not the one, and possibly lose what you do have. But then again you would never progress further than friendship if you don't find out.

First, make sure that she is not already in a relationship. I don't know if you are buying her things but if you are not, and she likes hanging out with you. You may have something. If you are buying her things, it still does not mean that you guys could not have something but it clouds things. Notice also how much of your personal space she is in. Not you getting in her personal space but her in yours. If she enjoys being closer than arms width away, again you may have something. And the closer she gets to you the more of an interest she has in you. Does she look at you or "look" :glow:at you. You will know the difference. Is she flirty in a clean way. I am hoping that she is a Christian when I say this, if not and you are, you may not realize it now, but you really don't want more than a friendship with her. Pray and study the bible with her if she agrees to it.:prayingf: God has a way of bringing people together in unity when they are learning and growing in him. The Jesus in the two of you will cause a connection and a pure love like you have never known. I guarantee you that the rest will be history. If she does not want to study the bible, RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, keep running, and never look back. Or just remember at this point, the two of you should remain friends. This may be heard to hear, but some women are just players. They just lead men on with no good intentions at all. The saddest part about this is that they leave men with calloused hearts so much so that when they meant honest women with the purest intentions they shut them out and miss out on what could have been a blessed relationship. Remember and trust, if God closes a door, he knows what is best and will open another. Hope this helps.

Veggie

View Profile
How to get attention of a girl here?
Posted : 29 Mar, 2012 04:23 PM

I want to give you some pointers on your profile but I do not want to post them publicly without your permission. I would send you a message but Im thinking that the age limits you set will not allow it.

Veggie

View Profile
old testament commandments?
Posted : 29 Mar, 2012 10:00 AM

Oops, just want to clear up that when I left a work out in the comment before that ceremonial days could not fall on the seventh day but when they did they were known as high days. They only made the seventh day even more special. But the statement looks as if I was saying that these days could not be on the same day. they could have been and were for John 19:31 says "for that sabbath day was an high day".

Veggie

View Profile
Posted : 29 Mar, 2012 09:45 AM

After reading other comments that I did not see before, I think I understand your question. The 10 Commandments is a must keep for God's true people, every last one of them. They were written with the finger of God in stone, and placed in the most holy part of the most holy place, inside the ark of the covenant. On the other hand, the Ceremonial Law was handwritten by Moses with ink on parchment paper because they were to be done away with when Jesus came to die for us. "Blotting out the handwritting of the ordinances that was againt us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross".Col. 2:14. However, these only included the ceremonial things that pointed us to the future purpose and work of Christ. For example, we no longer need to sacrifice animals because Christ died for us and his sacrifice is sufficient. We do need to keep the sanitary and dietary laws to keep us healthy. You can't blot out words written in stone, you can only blot out ink because it was written with ink This blotting out also mean feast days, special Sabbaths, new moon festivals, and the like but not the weekly Sabbath. The sabbaths in the feast days could fall on other day of the week except the seventh day. The seventh day of worship was given at creation not at Mount Sinai. At Mt. Sinai, they were reminded to remember it, written that way with the finger of God. All the ceremonial laws, pointed to Christ's sacrifice. The type or shadow was to meet antitype and substance, which was done at the cross. To better understand this sentence; consider the sunshining on you in a way to cause a shadow. The shadow, a concealed representative, is the type but your body, a revealed representative, is the substance. Again, the ceremonial law of sacrifice is the shadow, representative or type, and Jesus is the body or the antitype, the true. God made this clear when the bible explain that when Christ was crucified, the veil in the temple was ripped from top to bottom indicating that it was ripped by God because the sacrificial services were no longer needed. If man had ripped it, it would have been ripped from bottom to top because men don't fly :) The OT is Christ concealed in types and shadows, while the NT is Christ revealed as the antitype and substance, the true.

Veggie

View Profile
Posted : 29 Mar, 2012 09:04 AM

I don't understand. There is but one set of commandments, the law, the ten commandments. What are you referring to. Are you referring to the ceremonial law and ordinances?

Veggie

View Profile
How to get attention of a girl here?
Posted : 29 Mar, 2012 08:58 AM

I don't even have to look at your profile to tell you that no matter what women say, they all have a certain level of vainness. So you must first look your best. Put a really nice pic of yourself on your profile. Once you do this and get the door open(a contact), and you really should; you should be able to charm yourself in the position that you want to be in. First impressions are lasting impression so remember that your first contact or message is of utmost importance. Prior to doing any of this, pray. You really don't want a contact from anyone that God does not approve of. It is better to get no contacts than a thousand bad ones. According to God's will, be blessed.

Veggie

View Profile
Taking back my life.
Posted : 13 Feb, 2010 10:01 AM

Hi. I just sat here for what seems like an eternity to give you some really good advice, by my standards :laugh:, and then the computer froze and ate all my info. Too disgusted to re-type it all and probably will not remember it all anyway. No, that will not help you but I must spend some get-over it time prior to trying again.

Veggie

View Profile
First Dates and Dinners
Posted : 9 Feb, 2010 05:00 PM

Great points piano. I am so not against dining together. I would feel completely lost if my family and I did't get together for dinner when I go home. But truly, I did not make any of that info up. If ever we have the occasion, I am one to step out of the box. I spend too much time battling the bulge. You can take me anywhere but near food :laugh:

Page : 1 2 3 4