View Profile
First Dates and Dinners
Posted : 9 Feb, 2010 03:49 PM

you guys are too funny

Veggie

View Profile
First Dates and Dinners
Posted : 9 Feb, 2010 01:38 PM

Why is it that, if memory serves me right meaning I could be wrong, that according to what I am seeing in a great percentage of profiles, a first date always consist of a meal?

I am not saying that there is a problem with it but this is something to be considered. When we eat, blood is shunted from our brains to assist the stomach and other digestive organs with the breakdown of food. The bigger the meal the greater the assistance needed. That is why many times when we eat too much we want to take a nap in spite of all that we do. Our brain's ability to make decisions is greatly affected, and we make some serious decisions around the dating dinner table. Ever awoke the next morning with a fresh, keen mind and realized that you made a wrong decision after dinner the night before and that the date did not go as well as you thought it did at the end of the date when you told her you could not wait for the next date to see her again :laugh: Needless to say, we do the same thing even at business dinners and church board meetings.

Yep guys, I can just hear ya thinking now. What else could I possible do on a first date? Chances are that you are going to have to stick with the dinner because that is what women want. Maybe we knew all along by some intuitive way about the shunting of the blood so that you guys can't think straight. What, haven't you heard that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach? :laugh: :laugh::laugh: Just kidding.

Veggie

View Profile
Biblical Polygamy
Posted : 9 Feb, 2010 12:26 PM

While it is generally accepted now by most, at least in the US, that polygamy is not biblical, I wish to address old testament times prior to the Exodus of God's people from Egypt. Did you think that God ever intended it? I would like your biblical basis for why you believe as you believe. So that I don't influence you, any, with my opinion or beliefs; I will come at a later time and address my own question :excited:

God Bless

Veggie

View Profile
here's a joke you all would appreciate
Posted : 9 Feb, 2010 08:17 AM

I am not the brightest in the world I admit. So forgive me when I say I missed the humor. Not that it was not there but sometimes I am just slow when it come to certain jokes. I really want to laugh. I know that you should not ask for people to explain their jokes but I need it on this one. I can always use a laugh :glow:

Thanks

Veggie

View Profile
STD
Posted : 6 Feb, 2010 11:23 PM

I agree with cattlemen. What you do behind closed doors is between you and God. This site does have a standard. Once you open the door to such questions, things tend to go sour very quickly. Dating someone with an STD should not really matter because God does not condone premarital sex.

However, if like CM put it and the question became, "Would you marry a man with an STD, I would say no". I am in no way being judgmental. Not that I would have anything against him personally, for a lack of a better way to say it, but because I would have to exercise too much caution and planning, which are some of the reason for being married. Some of the best situations in fulfilling marital obligations are "so not planned" but to be remembered for a life time. I would not want to sacrifice that. Am I being selfish? Absolutely, but I have every right because I know that if I were to marry one infected with an STD, I would eventually become infected with that same STD also. I have the right to protect my health as best possible.

Veggie

View Profile
STD
Posted : 6 Feb, 2010 11:05 PM

SWB, your comment did stop me in my tracks for a second. But I looked beyond what you actually said to what I think you actually meant based on what I know about you from reading previous threads. I perceived that you meant no intentional harm and that you do not see children as equal to diseases and viruses of the worst kind :)

Veggie

View Profile
Rejection
Posted : 6 Feb, 2010 07:48 PM

Prodsnapper, but there may be no problem with you. Women are a strange species. Not that that is bad. We are what we are. What one one loathes another simply adores. Never take rejection on such sites as these personally or even in real life. Sometimes we just have to pray, "Lord show me the real me with all of my faults and shortcomings". Then ask him to help you to be a better person. Don't let a woman's opinion of you shape you. She is only trying to make you be the person she wants you to be. If you allow that, in no time at all you will not know who you are :laugh: PLUS, she will no longer have the same interest in you after she has sculpted you to be the new you. She will then say, "He's everything I want but he has no backbone". What?! She will never acknowledge that you made all those sacrifices of changes for her. Or one other thing will happen and it is worse. You will not want you and you will have a happy woman but you will be miserable because you have to live life being a fake, unnatural you, trying to be someone you are not.

Hope I am not intruding but I just did not know if this tidbit of info might be beneficial :)

Veggie

View Profile
Rejection
Posted : 6 Feb, 2010 07:32 PM

Very nicely put piano

Veggie

View Profile
Rejection
Posted : 6 Feb, 2010 07:29 PM

Liv2luv, I wish I could copy and paste your last 3 paragraphs. I could have said it no better. Remp, if you get the time read my profile about joy and happiness. When are have joy in Christ, rejection of those around us just will not seem as important. I too see myself as royalty for I am a child of the King of all kings. That makes me a Princess. I humbly see myself as no less. Just like a princess, God has his whole heaven full of angels waiting to assist me as needed. I am blessed, loved, and favored by him and so are you. No one can take that away.

So when some one rejects you, simply remember they don't really realize the blessings that THEY are missing, and it is their loss. I know that sometimes we have issues with pride. But remember I have never read anything in the bible where Jesus said pride is a good thing. "Pride goeth before a fall". When you remain in God and follow in the steps of Christ there is no reason for you to hang your head when you feel rejected. Look at it as Christ protecting you from something terrible standing in your way in the future. In other words, you are better off.

Prayerfully Submitted

Veggie

View Profile
Messaged 7 girls in 2 weeks, no response from any...
Posted : 6 Feb, 2010 02:19 PM

What you are discussing is basically the structure of the site. Just continue to come here. You will become less of a stranger. Keep looking for new users. Many times you will get favorable responses to women who have not yet posted their pictures. They are usually eager to respond because they are less likely contacted because they have not pic yet. You actually might aide in lifting their self-esteem :) Remember too, without pics you get to see more of the heart of the women. If she is gorgeous with a lot of flaws in her profile, you may be more willing to overlook them. If she has no pic, but her profile is gorgeous, you just may be in luck.

Praying for positive response.

Page : 1 2 3 4