Author Thread
SilverFire

View Profile
Proof that Sarah Palin is a pagan, and believes in "MOTHER NATURE"
Posted : 26 Nov, 2010 03:47 PM

PC, I've reported your post. Hopefully the admins will contact you soon.

SilverFire

View Profile
Goofy messages from my X
Posted : 26 Nov, 2010 03:44 PM

Well, I wouldn't be quite as bold as TwoSparrows, but he has the matter correct. People get lonely around the holidays.

SilverFire

View Profile
Too Much Drama Here on Thsese Forums!!!!
Posted : 26 Nov, 2010 03:42 PM

There's a reason why there's a lot of drama here. Quite frankly, there is no vetting of who can join the site, so there's no guarantee that the people who are on here ARE Christians. Either the forums are flooded with people who were just saved (doubtful), or they are dominated by a mix of people who just aren't growing in their faith and people who were never saved to begin with.

SilverFire

View Profile
3 Stooges?
Posted : 23 Nov, 2010 08:58 PM

I've always thought the Stooges rocked. What do I like about them? It's slapstick humor, so the humor rests in the absurdity of people seeming to do physical things that would ordinarily be very painful. My geez. Did I just intellectualize the Three Stooges? Seriously, though, slapstick humor is immature, absurd, roughhousing fun. That's the appeal, and that's pretty much the explanation.

SilverFire

View Profile
Honor and Respect
Posted : 23 Nov, 2010 08:45 PM

I have two questions.

1) How does issuing backhanded and vague condemnations of someone else's behavior square with Matthew 18?

2) What was the question that you wanted guys to answer?

SilverFire

View Profile
Younger man/older woman
Posted : 23 Nov, 2010 08:37 PM

Any age difference seven years or more is probably not going to work. The closer to your own age you can get, the better.

SilverFire

View Profile
Why Are The Forum Thread Topics Mostly About Sex Or Type Of Sexual Partners? Did You Know There Are Several Other Topics That Are Just As Interesting?
Posted : 21 Nov, 2010 04:12 PM

I never noticed the forum topics are about one thing or another -- unless you've got evidence, all you have is your own opinion. Please post your evidence.

Now, if that is in fact, true, what of it? Who are you to tell people that they can or cannot ask questions on a very wide topic such as sex? Why don't their questions deserve to be answered? Why can't they receive good words from brothers and sisters that will lead to their edification? Why must they be kept in the dark and hurting?

Did you notice that the Bible deals with sex?

TO THE PURE ALL THINGS ARE PURE.

If you find this topic (a very wide topic) to be impure, go back and memorize that verse I just posted, and/or get busy cutting out passages from your Bible. Might I suggest that you cut out the entire book of Song of Solomon?

And I too have seen no-one call homosexuals names. It's time to stop confusing the two issues, in any case.

SilverFire

View Profile
Would Jesus eat a ham sandwich?
Posted : 20 Nov, 2010 02:19 PM

Of course he would. Why is this even an issue? How can we have Christians (followers of Christ) want to hold to the Law? You can either have grace or you can have Law. I'll take grace, because if by the law we are saved, the Jesus died in vain and came to earth for no reason. The law would have been sufficient.

SilverFire

View Profile
Insta Rejection
Posted : 20 Nov, 2010 02:14 PM

The cruel self-wounding hope that you have until you give up hope that she will ever answer. That's the difference between the two. :laugh:

SilverFire

View Profile
The Lottery
Posted : 19 Nov, 2010 07:47 PM

The lottery, as a state-sanctioned "game" is something that defrauds people, especially the poor, who are more likely to play such games, thinking and expecting some miraculous deliverance. For many years, it was understood that the power of the state should not prey upon the weak, and thus, state lotteries were rare. Should a Christian participate in the lottery? Can we defend it as something that glorifies God or can be used to glorify God?

The lottery promises riches to all, but gives it to only a few; it utilizes deception and has the backing of the state leviathan. Its monies are squandered by the state, leading to more games and more government without really addressing any social ills it purports to solve (only Georgia has ever administered a lottery responsibly). It impresses people with the desire to get rich, and that money is the key to happiness. I do not see how this glorifies God.

Page : 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14