Author Thread
SilverFire

View Profile
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BROKEN HEART!
Posted : 4 Dec, 2010 05:41 PM

I really have no idea what this guy is trying to prove, but I think he has a martyr complex. In any case, I wish the the admins would throw him off for the multiple insults he has thrown at people.

SilverFire

View Profile
AGE RANGES SET BY MALES AT THIS SITE.
Posted : 4 Dec, 2010 05:35 PM

MOST MEN ON THIS SITE ARE NOT CHRISTIANS. I hate to keep repeating myself, but this entire thread starts off with a misassumption -- why are you (Christian men) doing this? The answer is, for the most part, we're not.

SilverFire

View Profile
baby-making for $$$
Posted : 3 Dec, 2010 03:01 PM

Russia has resorted to this because many, many people who could get out of Russia once it was free, did so. Now, I can't speak for what works for Russian society. I don't know their abortion rate. All I do know is that we will see more and more of these sentiments as Europe begins to buckle and sway underneath the immigration of Muslims seeking welfare state benefits. There will be a pushback to preserve the culture of England, France, Spain, and so forth, and this is one front in that war. I think that Japan is also encouraging childbirth in similar ways.

As for doing that in the US, I think that the way that the US has traditionally encouraged childbearing and marriage is a better method. I would oppose any sort of direct payment for childbirth here, and that's one reason why welfare was such a failure. It paid for people to have children and we all know how well that worked out.

SilverFire

View Profile
AGE RANGES SET BY MALES AT THIS SITE.
Posted : 3 Dec, 2010 02:50 PM

First, I think we all need to understand that a good portion of men on this site ARE NOT CHRISTIAN. That's right. There is no entrance exam. There is no requirement that they post a testimony. There is no peer approval/social aspect to it. Anyone can sign up here and if you're desperate enough, you'll lie about what faith you have.

Second, there is a cultural bias against younger women/older men, even though older men may very well have the money, the status, the wisdom, etc, that women like. I'm NOT saying that I want this, myself; I'm just saying that it's not unBiblical. ShepardingKing pointed us to the Word. All of Scripture is profitable.

Third, you have to set your age range wide if you want to talk to people outside of the forums in that age.

Fourth, some people just don't think about it. They're lazy.

Now, Occam's Razor states that the most likely explanation is usually the answer. I think #1 is our winner.

SilverFire

View Profile
guy stuff
Posted : 3 Dec, 2010 02:38 PM

1. What's for breakfast?

Usually cereal + blueberries. Occasionally it will be bagels (Asiago cheese from Panera are delicioso). Rarely it will be something from the fast food department in the BK or McDonald's aisle.

2. How do you sort your laundry?

By what the tag tells me to, of course. Whites go together. Darks go together. Warms go together. Cold is the catch-all.

3. What do you do on Saturday mornings?

Sleep in a little, do chores, and figure out which projects I want to work on today.

4. What's your favourite word?

I have many, may favorites. A new favorite is umbrageous. But I also like hallowed, miniature, prolix, vituperate, vitriolic, and of course, extirpate.

5. What is the most puzzling thing to you about women?

Why they are fascinated with smells.

6. How do you like your pizza?

Warm, not too greasy, with sauce, and preferably with pepperoni, and of course a cold soft drink to help wash it down. Pepperochinis don't hurt, but anchovies do.

7. What's your favourite girl name?

Just one? I have many! Corriene, Illyana, Isabella, Bridget, Guineviere, Mirabelle, Tara, etc, etc.

8. What was the last book you read?

"The Giver", by Lois Lowry.

9. Are you a slob or a neat freak or somewhere in-between?

Somewhere inbetween. Keeping a place clean is always a battle, and some fronts go much better than others!

SilverFire

View Profile
Favorite Songs
Posted : 3 Dec, 2010 02:23 PM

I have approximately 100 billion favorite songs. The first one that came into my head is "Song of the Harlot" by The Violet Burning.

SilverFire

View Profile
Catholics endorse Adventists!
Posted : 2 Dec, 2010 09:22 PM

The Bible itself says not to fight about New Moon festivals, or days, or foods, so this is really disobedience dressed up in debate's clothes.

SilverFire

View Profile
CHRISTMAS MEMORIES: YOUR FIRST KISS UNDER A MISTLETOE?
Posted : 2 Dec, 2010 09:10 PM

It's funny that I don't remember much about it, but I know that I have. I'll have to think some more on this one.

Sparrows, us guys know you're harmless, but I think the girls may be feeling a bit put upon.

SilverFire

View Profile
Utopia or Ninevah?
Posted : 2 Dec, 2010 04:30 AM

Excellent question. I'd love to be able to say, "Of course I always listen to God and give he who asks my cloak and live outside my comfort zone," but I am not as mature as that. Rather than being a citizen of Utopia and not yet being a perfect servant, I am caught up in the glorious becoming -- the ever-leaning forward, the ever-maturing, the chastening striving towards a more complete obedience.

Wherever I am, I strive to ask, "God, what would you have me do here?" I have felt those moments when I am in the center of His will, to be the best moments of my life, because that feeling of knowing, absolutely, that I was doing what I was supposed to be doing, that I was pleasing Him, drowned out everything else.

I have learned that I need yet to learn.

SilverFire

View Profile
To Wink or Not To Wink
Posted : 2 Dec, 2010 04:16 AM

If it helps, think about it like this. In real life, what would you do? If you were far away, you'd look at the guy, right? Maybe smile? He'd notice, smile, and (as the dream goes), walk up to you and start a conversation. Think of a wink as that initial smile or gaze; it's nothing more than that. Pursuit is much, much more than just the initial indication of interest! You are certainly not pursuing if you merely let him know that he's interesting.

Page : 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12