View Profile
*SEX
Posted : 18 Nov, 2010 08:55 PM

What was the question?

SilverFire

View Profile
Listen to you?
Posted : 18 Nov, 2010 08:16 AM

Yes, I feel that most women don't listen to guys. You can usually tell when this is happening because the conversation becomes a monologue, or when they keep interrupting you.

SilverFire

View Profile
I will never understand
Posted : 18 Nov, 2010 04:08 AM

This is a tragedy. I wish that I had been here, so that I could have said something to help; I resonate with a lot of the things that he is saying. I may not have ready-made Fix-a-flat type answers, but I could have at least been encouraging.

SilverFire

View Profile
Do you men find it difficult to meet Christian women?
Posted : 18 Nov, 2010 04:01 AM

Yes, guys have this problem. What have I done about it? I have joined a free dating site. :laugh:

SilverFire

View Profile
colour yourself
Posted : 17 Nov, 2010 09:34 PM

Ooooh. Art class! Me like, me like!

What colour would you make your hair (your creativity/self-expression) and why?

Shimmery white and grey, like a shooting star. Why? Because I'm always burbling with ideas that God pours into me.

What colour would you make your eyes (how you see others) and why?

Amber. I like to see the best in people, but amber often has bubbles or insects trapped in it, which means that things get in the way of my vision.

What colour would you make your ears (how well you listen ) and why?

My ears, I'd make the color of granite, because I listen well (the white part), but not often enough (the black part).

What colour would you make your lips (how you speak) and why?

My lips would be aquamarine to symbolize water. I usually try to water people (encourage them).

What colour would you make your heart (how you feel and express emotion) and why?

My heart would be the reddish-yellow that is the color of a spark from a forge -- because I am passionate and intense.

What colour would you make your arms (how you reach out, emotionally and practically) and why?

My arms would be slate grey, because I reach out, but clumsily.

What colour would you make your legs (how you move forward and walk through life) and why?

My legs would be reddish-brown like the redwoods -- I grind my way through life inexorably!

SilverFire

View Profile
Am I the only one who feels this way?
Posted : 17 Nov, 2010 09:24 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean about feeling like love skips you. I joke sometimes about having a 3 mile-radius of female repulsion (perhaps I should say joked; I haven't felt like this recently). I too have a lot of wounds from childhood, h.s., college, places I used to work -- but those things are now phantoms. I have forgiven those who have hurt me, and if those times ever rise in my mind (and they do), I forgive them again. Forgiveness is a stake through the heart of the vampiric past, because when we forgive, we don't allow the past to rule us anymore. We are the overcomers.

And something else when you start down the road towards being unbreakable, the opinions of others, or rather the fear of others' opinions starts to flake away and then, flee. It won't matter what they think, because they are not your master, either. Only what Jesus says really matters; all other opinions are not binding.

SilverFire

View Profile
Boy to man ritual...."MANHOOD"
Posted : 17 Nov, 2010 09:15 PM

It's bad to act like a teenager? :rocknroll:

SilverFire

View Profile
An interesting question
Posted : 17 Nov, 2010 09:09 PM

Here's why -- because for men, it is effort to find a woman and initiate contact, and then figure out if she is single. It is work, and lots of it. It takes courage, social adeptness, confidence, some kind of intelligence or at least wit, faith (lots), and so on. Women are not usually the pursuers, so you may not be aware of the effort involved. And I'm not speaking like a pagan; I think that guys are supposed to do these things, but we can get discouraged. So after spending a fair amount of effort without success, the guy says, "Why are there no good women left?" The guys who talk this way are NOT the ones "walking on" women. They are the ones who have done the right thing but not yet been successful. That phrase is a lament. Please understand it as such.

SilverFire

View Profile
Am I the only one who feels this way?
Posted : 14 Nov, 2010 11:37 AM

CSN, I understand how you feel. I have thought that it would be easier being gay, and I have suspected for years that men who are rejected by women endlessly do become gay because they think that they will never stand a chance with women.

However, I knew two things deep down in myself as well: one, that the homosexual lifestyle is NOT this wonderful painless place. It's not what Hollywood sells it as. The average homosexual man has something like 100+ sexual encounters in his life, which means that he isn't fulfilled and all he's doing is chasing after an unfulfilling lust. The number of homosexual men that can commit to a monogamous relationship is most likely in the single digits. It's that bad. I also knew that entering into that lifestyle would eventually turn me against everything that I held dear -- my politics, how I looked at people, and my faith. I couldn't handle that, no matter how much I hurt inside.

Two, I just couldn't get over the disgusting feeling of imagining another man touching me like that. Again, no matter how much I hurt, sex through that agent never became appealing to me. I would have had to do drugs (as many homosexuals do) in order to handle it.

What made a difference for me was listening to what Jesus says about me, and then really believing it -- becoming unbreakable. Sure, it sounds cliche`d, but there is a lot of peace and power in that, and surprisingly enough, once you have that, you will become confident. You won't be Superman, but you'll be someone whom other people don't have a hold on and don't control.

That kind of unruffled inner strength is very attractive to women.

SilverFire

View Profile
Men and Phone Calls
Posted : 14 Nov, 2010 11:18 AM

I think presuming that everyone wants to talk on the phone for extended periods of time is a gross misassumption. It's like assuming that everyone likes death metal -- an equally ridiculous assumption. Relationships involve compromise and understanding; if it's really a big deal and the woman refuses to understand you, then I think you've discovered that you're incompatible early on.

Me, I can easily talk for hours on the phone. Where I tend to fall apart is hanging out with the girl's friends. It's one thing if we're hanging out with one or two new people, but more than that and I'm not able to interface quickly or well. I think it's a sense overload kind of thing. I guess that explains why phone conversations are so easy for me.

Page : 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15