Author Thread
SilverFire

View Profile
Choice vs. Feeling
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 09:19 PM

I have absorbed a good bit of dating advice, but the most enduring is "Find a girl who gets you." That is key.

SilverFire

View Profile
Guys,do you think that it's right as a Christian man to fight for a lady?
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 08:59 PM

I will defend my friends, my g/f, my wife, my family to my death. However, discretion is always the better part of valor. I won't fight where kindness will suffice; I won't fight where logic is enough; I won't fight where an apology (if I am in the wrong) is enough.

SilverFire

View Profile
What kind of vehicle is you and why?
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 08:57 PM

I dunno, really. I mean, I have a Camaro and I really enjoy it, but I think the car that is me is whatever car I'm driving at the time. There's something about any car after you drive it for a while -- you acclimate to it, and it molds itself to you. You feel like it's a part of you, and every action is as simple as breathing. So, I've been a Subaru station wagon, a Honda Civic Si, a Pontiac Grand Am (Quad 4), a Mitsubishi Eclipse, an Eagle Talon TSI, a Dodge Stratus R/T, and now a Chevy Camaro RS.

SilverFire

View Profile
Guys a girl says she "independent" on profile...red flag?
Posted : 11 Dec, 2010 08:53 PM

Yes, it is generally a red flag.

SilverFire

View Profile
Is it right for a woman to...
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 08:09 PM

Why not? Of course the woman should not participate in creating children who will be destroyed for "science" and other such obvious moral evils, but say if another woman is no longer producing eggs and would like children (artificial insemination), or if the eggs will remain unfertilized and experiments done upon them, I don't see any impediment to it.

SilverFire

View Profile
Choice vs. Feeling
Posted : 7 Dec, 2010 08:01 PM

The feeling. You encounter someone that strikes your soul and then you want to know more about them. The feeling prompts the action.

It is silly to conflate romantic love with agape; the two do have some commonalities, but the effects are different. If I love my brother in Christ, I sure don't want to be smooching him.

God gave us emotions. To demean them as capricious transitory things as if they were indigestion or something is as foolish as ignoring your stomach when it says, "I'm hungry" or "Don't you eat that again."

Long-term love is emotional; it is also a choice -- a choice to keep going even when your wife is cranky, even when the bills are due, even when you're being awoken by a child with a nightmare. But you certainly do not make a choice to love romantically without feeling some impetus to love, first; if you do, you are a robot.

SilverFire

View Profile
Friends First?
Posted : 6 Dec, 2010 07:30 PM

I didn't get the whole true love isn't necessarily romantic thing. Color me with the "huh" crayon, somebody!

SilverFire

View Profile
What do you think the penalties for sex offenders should be?
Posted : 6 Dec, 2010 07:20 PM

I agree that the question should be scoped a little more, but here's my .02.

Voyeurism (Peeping Toms) -- a day in the stockade, where passersby get to throw rotten fruit at you.

Stalking -- Mandatory extradition to a random state and revocation of drivers' license. First-time offenses only would have the option of being in the stockade for a week in the stockade and receiving a GPS implant where the victim gets to know where you are at all times. The implant would be inserted into the stomach, and would be washed out of the system in a month.

Sexual abuse of children -- Public hanging.

Rape -- Public hanging.

Of course, everyone gets a jury trial, and the evidence must be conclusive. It is SICK and IMMORAL to make me pay for the education, the health care, the artistic supplies, the lawyer bills, the food, and the clothes of someone that society has deemed guilty of these horrible crimes. Besides, a life of ease separated from other people is what these people secretly want, I'm convinced.

SilverFire

View Profile
How often do two people who meet online need to communicate??
Posted : 6 Dec, 2010 06:57 PM

I'd say the needs of the two people drive it. Some need more communication than others. The stage of the relationship is also important -- are you just getting to know each other (if so, once every few days is ok)? Are you in a committed relationship? If so, once a day is probably not enough.

SilverFire

View Profile
MERRY CHRISTMAS or HAPPY HOLIDAYS
Posted : 4 Dec, 2010 05:45 PM

I personally think it's an unwinnable war to try to please everyone. If you said, "Have a Merry Christmas, a Happenin' Hanukkah, a Killer Kwanza, and a Happy Holiday season," you'd get the depressive atheist who didn't celebrate anything, and who'd hate you for wishing him a happy anything. I try to say Merry Christmas, but sometimes wuss out.

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11