Author Thread
slightlybrokenwing72

View Profile
Things in a profile that will scare girls away
Posted : 23 Nov, 2019 04:11 PM

@rambo919... that's true for some people... and i'd shy away from someone who was broke because of being irresponsible (i'm lucky to have not had to worry about this, but seen it wreck some of my friends...) financial problems can be indicative of overall poor self control (which can be scary)

but a lot of people get to their 40s or 50s and aren't well off even if they are good, reliable, honest people. "its not a shame to be poor" as Tevye said :)

probably the best profile on this site, the guy is clear that he's not in good shape... but everything else about the profile screams that he's a good man and would be a great husband... (yeah, too shy to message him... but i click his profile a couple times a week and hope :P lol ).

slightlybrokenwing72

View Profile
What are your top 5 Qualities a Guy Needs to Have?
Posted : 23 Nov, 2019 03:53 PM

I think that a lot of top 5's are based on what hurt us in previous relationships... there's certain pains that I don't want to experience again... at the same time, someone with opposite traits might hurt me in some new way that i hadn't envisioned or considered possible...

well, umm... must respect me, be nurturing (my wing needs to heal eventually), must have a curious, energetic and open mind (i need conversation, but i don't need to be judged more)... must be even tempered... and reliable/responsible.

that maybe sounds like too much, but i'd rather be alone (ouch) than to compromise... being "loved" feels good for a short time, but without those things above... well, it just fails and the pain is more than the little happiness when times were better.

slightlybrokenwing72

View Profile
Has this site actually worked for anyone?
Posted : 23 Nov, 2019 03:44 PM

Well, my 19 year old daughter received messages from about 30 guys in her first two to three days. Started talking to three of them and after a couple days figured that one was special. We'll see what happens. Even if its nothing, she's had the nice experience of meeting and talking to people, which normally she doesn't get enough of as we live in a small town.

For me? Ummm... Better I *don't* comment maybe? Well, I'll just say that about twice a day I get the chance that I can help someone get a Schengen Visa (where's a good eyeroll emote when you need one :P lol). Partly my fault for being traditional and expecting a guy to reach out to me (who winks? that seems way, *way* too forward...). Grew up with 1950s values (my parents were older... and formal amoung their peers to begin with).

So, umm... yeah. Useful for daughter... seems useless for me. (Well, I'd rather get zero messages then get the kind of messages that I'd get on secular sites, so... c'est vraiment un peu meilleur n'est pas?)

Page : 1 2 3