Author Thread
lynneb423

View Profile
Older Women and Dating Sites
Posted : 21 Apr, 2011 07:17 PM

Hi Donna ... and welcome! :waving:

I can completely relate to what you've expressed in your post. I'd love to be able to reply to your request "please correct me if I'm wrong" by saying that it isn't the case, but I believe in being realistic. I've noticed many profiles in which the preferred age range begins around 18 or 25 ... and that is for someone who themselves is 50-55. Judging by your post, I'm sure that you've noticed all of that as well, but I feel for you- as I sense your despair of the situation in what you've written.

So, I'd like to encourage you to not allow yourself to be disheartened by it. Even though the multitudes of men in our age group may search for someone 20, or even 30 years younger ... let your focus remain on God- who is more than able to bless your life with the 1 man who is looking for you. :)

lynneb423

View Profile
Reconciliation?
Posted : 19 Apr, 2011 07:07 PM

Forgiveness is a good start, IaoKim. :)

I had a few thoughts on what you wrote, but it's tough to say without specific details ...

You say that you and she were friends and decided to enter a formal relationship, but she was living in another state at the time. You were going to make that request of her parents when she came back into town on break. But, a few days later she quickly changed.

If I'm understanding your details, my impressions were- could she have bailed out after thinking over the commitment to a long distance relationship? You weren't in a dating relationship with her, you were only friends- and making the transition into a relationship- but a long distance one. My thoughts on her "180" is that she thought about it and couldn't commit to it ... and lacked the maturity to discuss that with you or feared hurting you.

Also, keep in mind that she's only written to say hello again. Maybe try not to assume that she means anything more than that. If she's matured now, she may regret how she treated you and potentially want to make amends ... but may not necessarily want a relationship with you again.

Will you please update this thread for us, and things progress with her? I'd be interested to know what happened. :)

lynneb423

View Profile
Secrit celebrity crush
Posted : 19 Apr, 2011 05:59 PM

Aww geez, 1babygirl ... why you bein' a MAN HOG!! :nahnah:

You want John Cusack AND Denzel Washington AND Morris Chestnut!!!

Well okay then, 'cuz you reminded me of some fine African American actors too! So imma take his fine self Blair Underwood. :hearts:

lynneb423

View Profile
Blast from the Past!! :)
Posted : 18 Apr, 2011 07:29 PM

Whoops! That's what I get for being a rookie!! :rolleyes:

I REALLY wish this forum had a "delete this post" button, so I could delete what I wrote!!! But then again, as far as advice for meeting new friends ... I still think I like what I said. :laugh:

lynneb423

View Profile
Secrit celebrity crush
Posted : 18 Apr, 2011 07:23 PM

Mine isn't so secret- my whole family knows I have a major thing for John Cusack. Love him!! :hearts:

His internet dating themed movie "Must Love Dogs" is one of my favorites.

lynneb423

View Profile
Easter Candy
Posted : 18 Apr, 2011 07:19 PM

At work we tried a co-workers annual family Easter tradition: a PEEP-OFF!! How many marshmallow peeps can you fit into your mouth? Sounds gross, I know- but it was tons o' fun!! I'm proud to say that I came in 2nd place with 7. The winner did 11.

My favorite Easter candy is Hershey candy coated eggs. Yum! I stock up on bags of 'em to last as long as possible.

lynneb423

View Profile
Blast from the Past!! :)
Posted : 18 Apr, 2011 05:50 PM

I know how it is to want to have more friends in your life. I'm older, and most women my age are married and live a lifestyle that doesn't make room for female friends.

I think that the first initial meeting might be a bit too soon- depending on how much of a conversation you've established with that person up to that point. After a 5 or 10 minute conversation, to suggest meeting up together might seem a bit soon. But, if you've sat down and had a lengthier 30 minute or more talk then suggesting meeting up transitions better 'cuz you're looking to talk further about something.

lynneb423

View Profile
Worst Dates
Posted : 18 Apr, 2011 04:16 PM

Worst date? I've had 1 ... and it was awful!!

I met a guy at Applebee's for dinner, and he began talking and talking about an ex-girlfriend. Since I really went into the date as "friends first" I wanted to be a supportive "friend" and listen to what happened with his past relationship. But ... time passed and I couldn't get him to change the subject and move on to something else. Every time I brought up a different topic he managed to segue back into relating it to her! When I brought up movies, he told me all about their "special movie". He never asked me anything in order to get to know me at all!

He went on and on about how much he goes the extra mile for people, too. Then, at the end of the date- asked me for a $1.00 so that he could tip the waitress! Unbelievable!! That was the final thing for me 'cuz I wasn't going to let him treat the waitress that badly. So, I got a separate check and tipped her myself.

It was a horrible couple of hours ... but now, I just laugh about the whole thing. :ROFL:

lynneb423

View Profile
Why come?
Posted : 17 Apr, 2011 09:08 PM

Why come I appreciate the welcomes!:waving:

Why come I don't know what the "why come" means but I'm too lazy to go back to the very first thread to figure it out? :goofball:

Why come Chevy is the poet meister!?:applause:

Why come I'm sorry browneyedgirl is upset about the M thread?

Why come is fun no matter what why come even means?

lynneb423

View Profile
Why come?
Posted : 17 Apr, 2011 08:39 PM

Why come I lost my electricity for 7 hours?

Why come the Lord had to shut down er'thing to get me into some much needed prayer time? :prayingf:

Why come I better do better so my neighbors don't have to lose their electricity too next time God wants me to pray?:excited:

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6