Author Thread
lynneb423

View Profile
Would you date a younger guy or an older guy?
Posted : 17 Apr, 2011 08:20 PM

Uh ... hey wait a second Tulip! :goofball:

I think one of the most frustrating things with men is when they set their age MAXIMUM below their actual age. (By 10 or 20 years!) So, maybe that makes us even then? :nahnah:

I think ideally I would like to date someone around 5 years +/- my age. Too much younger or older begins to create generational differences that create a problem; it can make bonding with that person difficult. Just in my experience.

But of course the correct answer is: As the Lord wills :)

lynneb423

View Profile
Buddies
Posted : 17 Apr, 2011 08:10 PM

This topic really interested me ... as I'm involved somewhat in this very situation.

I've recently met a guy where I work who is openly gay. For a few weeks I was helping him as he gave a respiratory treatment to one of our kids in a private therapy room. During that short time, he began to really open up to me and talk about his life. His parents are both Christians and he struggled with "coming out" to them. I've experienced a strong sense of the pain that he's in. Now, that child no longer needs treatment and I've been seeking the Lord as to just how to possibly continue our talks; as those private conversations can't take place in a work environment. How can I make the transition to being able to talk to him outside of work ... so that God may continue to use me in this guy's life?

No, I'm not trying to be his "best friend"- but to develop a friendship with him would be a really great opportunity to share the Lord. :)

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6