Author Thread
Vivere

View Profile
what's in your bucket?
Posted : 12 Dec, 2011 06:38 AM

Yeah, for me to truly find peace, the kind of peace that isn't dependent on circumstances or situational....that would be something I like to do before this life is over. I'm getting there. :)

Vivere

View Profile
Hard to get?
Posted : 10 Dec, 2011 06:54 AM

haha. that was complicated.

I'll be the first to admit though, cats chase strings, but if you hand the string to the cat, the cat will lose interest in it.

Vivere

View Profile
Hard to get?
Posted : 9 Dec, 2011 09:32 PM

Yeah. :excited:

Vivere

View Profile
Need some advice
Posted : 9 Dec, 2011 03:28 PM

:ROFL:

Vivere

View Profile
Need some advice
Posted : 9 Dec, 2011 07:41 AM

Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?

Vivere

View Profile
A letter to all woman that are looking for a Godly man.
Posted : 8 Dec, 2011 04:04 AM

I actually agree with Wretched Law's post. :yay: A man or woman is what their actions show them to be, not what they say they are.

I for one don't claim to be a saint. just a sinner saved through the blood of Jesus. I do believe too that Jesus came not to condemn the world, but to save it. :) But I agree that some people are not as saintly as they claim themselves to be.

Vivere

View Profile
For the Girlios
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 06:57 AM

There's a really good article I read from the IoC's Living Document journal. I thought to share as it was good reading.

�Perhaps you have become insecure about meeting new people after the death of a loved one.

Maybe some social setbacks have led you to think that no one would be interested in your company.

Relocating to a new area may have left you yearning for old friendships and unable to start new ones.

Some people simply never learn to communicate well or get along with their peers. Others have overly aggressive or demanding personalities that make people withdraw out of intimidation.

The student separated from home, the leader who must remain aloof from his subordinates, the individual with a disability or disease�all face a greater chance of loneliness due to a situation in their lives.

Steps for Overcoming Loneliness ...

1. Admit the Problem

2. Consider the Causes

3. Accept What Cannot Be Changed �The death of a spouse, a relocation away from old friends, and other unalterable circumstances

4. Alter What Can Be Changed

Develop New Habits that Build up your Inner Self

Make an Effort to Make New Friends �Build a friendship slowly. Don�t overwhelm a new acquaintance with your problems and opinions. With time the openness to express feelings will develop. Give compliments and be thoughtful.�

--Volume 2 No 22 which was adapted and used with permission from http://www.cbn.com/

Vivere

View Profile
Aren't older men supposed to be "mature"?
Posted : 7 Dec, 2011 06:45 AM

Sorry Lilo! Sending Hugs!

Vivere

View Profile
Over-bearing Parents
Posted : 6 Dec, 2011 07:04 AM

Are your parents paying for your college? That's very admirable of them if they are. They're doing you a huge favor. Really.

That's really sad that your mom said she wished she never had you. I bet she didn't mean it but probably said it during an argument, where both parties are throwing accusations, and in hindsight she probably regrets it.

I'm sure they love you. And no matter how difficult this time is in your life, it will pass. Just hold on. It's amazing what we can endure, once we realize that its temporary.

I would seek pastoral counseling from a local church too. Taking about these things with a physical presence can solve alot of a problem without even solving it. Because as humans we need someone to understand us.

Keep holding onto your faith. And trust that things will get better.

Vivere

View Profile
the "If" game
Posted : 6 Dec, 2011 06:46 AM

I just read a poem called The Hound of Heaven by Francis Thompson, which said:

I triumphed and I saddened with all weather,

Heaven and I wept together,

And its sweet tears were salt with mortal mine;

"All which I took from thee I did but take,

Nor for thy harms,

But just that thou might�st seek it in My arms.

All which thy child�s mistake

Fancies as lost, I have stored for thee at home:

Rise, clasp My hand, and come!

If I had 24 hours left to live ...I don't know... I want to spend it with people who weren't freaking out about it. I'd ask for forgiveness, and reassure the people who have made big mistakes that I forgive them, I'd want to give lots of hugs. And be with my family and those who I love. I'd probably cry alot, relax alot, think alot, meditate on the joys given in this life, and the joys that await me in the next. I don't know. Interesting question though, and interesting answers from the above posters. God bless you all!

Page : 1 2 3 4 5