Author Thread
Vivere

View Profile
Inner beauty
Posted : 1 Dec, 2011 09:10 PM

That sounds like Carl Rogers. lol

I used to try and find myself, but now I'm not so into it. I figured if I "lose" my life "for Christ's sake" and thereby find myself. :D

But we all go through different stages, I may just loop back around and start trying to find myself again.

Accepting yourself is really the secret though. Think about it, God made the word...the garden, with the tree of Knowledge whether to do good or evil right there, but what did God say about His creation? "And God said 'it is good'. :D

So, if God can make a world designed to give men and women the possibilities to choose good or evil, and still think its good, how much more should we accept ourselves. Own our strengths and weaknesses and move on from there?

Vivere

View Profile
Inner beauty
Posted : 30 Nov, 2011 05:46 PM

Wow. :applause: I agree with about 99% of that, its wonderful! Thanks WhatIsAMan.

Have you ever like met someone who was not outwardly physically attractive, but their spirits exuded beauty so much so that they became gorgeous in your eyes? Alot of people are like that. I think at the core of it all, if the heart is beautiful, so are we.

Of course, beauty is not synonymous with attraction. I can admire the Lord's spirit in someone, without physical attraction to that person.

Vivere

View Profile
I Love My Attorney
Posted : 28 Nov, 2011 05:46 AM

Wow, that is awesome.

Vivere

View Profile
Thanksgiving
Posted : 28 Nov, 2011 03:46 AM

I'm thankful for food too, family, friends, fun, laughter, rest, the Lord, Christianity, coffee, and for all the smiles I've seen this year, all the hugs I've got, oh oh and all the nice music I've listened to. All the traveling, all the kind deeds others have done, and the opportunities I was able to help out others in need. Its been fun!

Vivere

View Profile
My advice on how to have a better conversation
Posted : 28 Nov, 2011 03:40 AM

Good thinking, Gourd.

Vivere

View Profile
Just want to share the latest poem I've wrote. Hope you'll like it.
Posted : 28 Nov, 2011 03:32 AM

Yes, that is beautiful.

Vivere

View Profile
Something Wrong With My Profile?
Posted : 24 Nov, 2011 06:02 PM

Hi VBird,

I just want to say i don't think there's anything wrong with your profile. Online dating is not a 100% success guaranteed venture. The best way is always sans computer, in real life. But if CDFF brings a smile to your face at all, than its worth it.

Just be YOU and someone will love you for it. Don't say what you know others want to hear..be You! Celebrate the you in you that no one else has.

Whenever I try and play the ape or the parrot it doesn't work out. So I stopped trying to be a at best second rate someone else when I could be a first rate me.

Just be you... and once you're You successfully, forget about yourself. The law of attraction, I think is opposite to nature, "nature abhors a vacuum", attraction loves it. Just forget yourself. and Be yourself. :)

And don't expect appraisal or acknowledgment..sincerely take interest in others without thinking about how they could fill your need.. it'll make you happy. So yeah, I used to try and be something I wasn't but nobody wants a "counterfeit coin", be yourself. Take hints when people are not interested. But have friendly interests, and care about all even if they are not attractive to you.

There's a difference between grabbing and caring, and grabbing people are scary. I'm not saying you're like that. All I'm saying is, good luck and focus on others in a kind sincere, prudent way, and remember that statistically online success is not 100% guaranteed. Try and get to know people sans computer. And like I said before, if CDFF brings a smile to your face, than it is worth it. God bless!

Vivere

View Profile
People who've made my life very special whom I met on CDFF
Posted : 23 Nov, 2011 03:56 AM

BABYMILKSKIN and CURLYTOP!!!! You rock sisters! :rocknroll:

Vivere

View Profile
What`s so great about being single?
Posted : 16 Nov, 2011 06:11 AM

I have lots of strange hobbies that I doubt a partner would enjoy. I like to watch Beverly Hillbillies, the black and white TV show. I like to soak my feet, love long makeup sessions, hanging out with the girls, love trying new foods at little strange restaurants, reading Nancy Drew. Don't like sports! Oh, and I like Hello Kitty. So, its nice to just be myself in all the ways I want to and express myself and do what I love until I find that compatible someone. Its nice not arguing, as when you're by yourself there's nobody to argue with about that personal stuff that just makes you madder than a centipede standing on a hot rock. Its nice not be subject to advice sessions, if I need it, I can read a self-help book or something along those lines. There is a certain feeling of total freedom.

Of course everything has its shadow side. But the advantages are that being single is quite enjoyable.

Vivere

View Profile
What are your favorite passages or quotes?
Posted : 14 Nov, 2011 04:58 AM

Cuuuute! Love those quotes.

My favorite one right now is: I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5