Author Thread
CuriousGeorge

View Profile
Need new forum for "Seeks Partner but not Desperate"
Posted : 13 Dec, 2016 05:51 PM

Why does this need a new forum topic? I believe most users here already consider themselves to be seeking a partner and are not desperate.

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
No Limit
Posted : 13 Dec, 2016 05:48 PM

How would this limit be determined? At what point does the word count become too much? There is no point in putting a limit to posts when people can just make multiple posts to get their message across. I'm put off by long posts as well so I generally don't read them.

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
about to give up
Posted : 7 Dec, 2016 11:58 AM

I can't say what is the best way to deal with rejection but I think you know that becoming bitter and losing determination is one of the worst ways to deal with it. It's only going to affect you negatively and increase your chances of rejection even more. Everyone faces rejection and it should be expected.

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
about to give up
Posted : 6 Dec, 2016 09:51 PM

You are making your lack of confidence and motivation a much bigger problem than your disability. If you are interested in joining the Mennonite church then you do not need our approval.

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
serious dating
Posted : 6 Dec, 2016 09:20 PM

you already answered your own question in the same sentence

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
With regards to messaging on CDFF
Posted : 2 Dec, 2016 02:39 PM

Since the ladies won't respond I'll give you an answer.

In general a message = sign of interest. A response to the message = reciprocating interest.

While there is no harm in asking her to speak about the things of Christ with her, imagine 1000 men asking her that. Regardless of what your message says it is (most of the time) only a conversation starter to get to know her because you are interested in her. This IS a dating site after all.

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
The Shallowness of some
Posted : 2 Dec, 2016 02:19 PM

This site gives everyone an option to send that generic response if they're not interested and don't want to say it themselves.

Don't consider it shallow. Even if your message was a simple hello or whatever, this is a dating site with one main purpose.

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
about to give up
Posted : 27 Nov, 2016 09:35 AM

So from what you're saying it looks like the main problem is that you are in a financial pinch and you need help. But you seem to believe the ONLY way out is to find a girlfriend/wife to take of you? I don't know your situation but are you not able to find help from your church or friends/family?

And do you think a relationship will suddenly make you "not feel worthless"? I believe you need to work on your self confidence first. Find happiness in the things you enjoy doing and learn to value yourself and enjoy your life regardless of your relationship status.

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
about to give up
Posted : 22 Nov, 2016 09:50 AM

When you keep saying you can't compete because you have little money and a disability then you are subconsciously reaffirming your decision to stay single. If you would like to date someone Amish or Mennonite then go ahead, (assuming they are Christian I have no idea) but they are not your ONLY choices. You seem to dismiss single moms and nothing's wrong with that if it's your preference but it further limits your options.

If you choose to participate in some activity, don't just do it to find a wife but choose something you enjoy. That way you don't get frustrated if you don't meet someone of interest.

Just keep making new friends and remain in close contact and see where things go. Even though some women may not be initially interested in you, they may develop an attraction after being friends for a while and getting to know better. It may even happen to you as well with women you weren't initially interested in.

CuriousGeorge

View Profile
about to give up
Posted : 20 Nov, 2016 09:17 AM

Think about it this way: you see 1000 women buy you can only get to know a few. You know nothing about them or how compatible you are with them; all you have is a profile to go by. Would you chose women with profiles you were partially interested in and just hope they are compatible? Or would you choose profiles you were 100% interested in and hope they were compatible?

That's how it is for the ladies here and why online dating hardly works. There are sooo many options in front of her face that she would usually go for what she thinks is the best.

If you want someone to actually take the time to get to know you before instantly dismissing you by reading a profile then that most likely isn't going to happen online.

As for where to meet women? I have no idea. Join some club or something of interest to you. Hang out with your friends' friends. If everyone in your area is really taken then you can either stay and fight the odds or consider relocating. Harsh options I know but online dating is even harsher.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10