Author Thread
share1033

View Profile
Dating vs. Courting.......
Posted : 18 Oct, 2013 01:00 PM

To Chivralry vs dating. This is all very good and I agree but you still fail to explain how one goes about courting. What does the man do while courting? What does the woman do?

share1033

View Profile
What's up with standards?
Posted : 18 Mar, 2013 11:30 AM

Yes the Bible does say wives should submit to their husbands but as the church submits to God out of love and service. Some men seem to take this to the limit and think it gives them the right to rule with an iron fist so to speak. This is where abuse can stem from.

share1033

View Profile
Is It Good for Man to be Alone?
Posted : 18 Mar, 2013 11:23 AM

I don't feel it is good for man to be alone. That's why God created Eve. So Adam would have a helpmate and would not be alone.

share1033

View Profile
What's up with standards?
Posted : 14 Mar, 2013 01:45 PM

I agree God does tell men how to treat women. To love them as they love God. The problem is many women don't set high enough standards so when one does a man doesn't know how to deal with it.

share1033

View Profile
When do you invite
Posted : 13 Mar, 2013 11:30 AM

I agree with Mrdice. Christian couples should keep their dates public, among people, or somewhere there is not the temptation. The bible says sex is for marriage and we should not put ourselves in a position where we could feel safe to get carried away.

share1033

View Profile
1 Cor 7:10,11
Posted : 12 Mar, 2013 01:03 PM

The one problem I have is you say let God work on the wife. I feel it takes two to tangle and God needs to work on both the husband and wife. Each needs to consider the other and want to work on it for the sake of the other.

share1033

View Profile
Let's Talk RESPECT!
Posted : 19 Jan, 2013 10:45 AM

I found this interesting perspective on respect that I think says it pretty well. "It means valuing each others points of views. It means being open to being wrong. It means accepting people as they are. It means not dumping on someone because you're having a bad day. It means being polite and kind always, because being kind to people is not negotiable. It means not dissing people because they're different to you. It means not gossiping about people or spreading lies. The Bible says a woman is to respect her man as she respects God and the church. However I do not think asking a man to help with cooking or house work is disrespect but I feel telling him to or ordering him to is disrespect. We are to be each other's help mates.

share1033

View Profile
sex outside of marriage
Posted : 21 Aug, 2012 05:16 PM

I agree. God wants us to wait til we are married. Having been married three times as a nonchristian I find satin trying to pull me back to old ways which I now realize to be wrong. I think it is him working in christians that feel pulled that way also. We need to stick to our guns and demand God's way.

share1033

View Profile
falling in love or being in love
Posted : 21 Aug, 2012 05:09 PM

I really don't quite know that answer but I think I can choose to be in love but there has to be some kind of connection or chemistry there for it to grow to love. I can love a man but he may find nothing to love in me. So does the connection cause us to "fall" and then love grows?

share1033

View Profile
PROPAGANDA MESSING OUR FLOW!
Posted : 21 Aug, 2012 04:56 PM

First let me say you are beautiful and I love your profile. You are someone I would definately choose for a friend. That said I feel that most men and yes even men on this site go for looks and bodies before they consider what a woman is on the inside. I don't think they even consider if the woman would really be a life mate. I know I'm not a raving beauty but I have a lot to offer as a person and mate but that doesn't seem to matter either. How about it men, what are you REALLY looking for.

Page : 1 2 3 4