Author Thread
Philipian

View Profile
THOUGHTS on Seeking Counsel from Others
Posted : 30 Nov, 2012 01:31 AM

Pro 17:27 - As Iron sharpens Iron, so one man sharpens another. Seeking counsel from Believers may be one of the most momentous and brilliant thing that can affect you and make a positive impact on your life. However, not just any Christian can be in such a place to offer you an advice. Remember out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks...So a man who will advice you must be such with abundance of good thing. Look at the following verses....

Matthew 12:35 ( King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.))

A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Also Pro 13:20 - He that walks with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.

Philipian

View Profile
How do I move on from my ex easily?
Posted : 30 Nov, 2012 01:25 AM

I think you need to sit out and really think things through and allow the Holy Spirit of God to help you through it. You and your ex cant keep going back and forth as these all the time.

One remarkable thing is the way you and your ex seem to be making a ping-pong of yourself. Each time she come back, you feel "she need some healing" and then that is mistaken for rejection, then she goes off to get into another thing drastic and then your path crosses and the same cycle is repeated. Now you and she had oscillated back and forth amidst several other men and woman, i think its hurtful. God did not design you to live as this. Please get in touch with God and let him help you. This punishment and God is not the author or the sanction handler of it!

Philipian

View Profile
Here is an irony for you.
Posted : 30 Nov, 2012 01:17 AM

May we learn to trust God for all our moves and plans.

Philipian

View Profile
Straight Edge
Posted : 30 Nov, 2012 01:17 AM

Please keep the good thing up. Remember Hebrews 13:4....Marriage is honorable in all and a bed undefiled. But adulterer/adulteress shall God judge.

Philipian

View Profile
SINGLE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THIS IS FOR YOU!
Posted : 30 Nov, 2012 01:12 AM

2Cor 5:16 - King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)

"Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more".

I believe often time we fumble and fall on our walk and even relationship wit fellow human and opposite sex to us because we are low in content and knowledge of the grace of God and we are short of ideals. When you see a man, your mind must not travel around seeking things of benefit that person can be to you...or how you can use the person to gratify some sensibilities of yous..Rather when you meet people, have an appraisal of Christ in them, only then will you be able to do right and make kind the good gesture of Christ.

Lastly, consider the same 2Cor 5:16 albeit in 4 more different translations...It will help you when next you meet a believer or even unbeliever and whatever the sex they are....

2Cor 5:16 New International Version (�1984)

So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer.

2Cor 5:16 New Living Translation (�2007)

So we have stopped evaluating others from a human point of view. At one time we thought of Christ merely from a human point of view. How differently we know him now!

2Cor 5:16 English Standard Version (�2001)

From now on, therefore, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we once regarded Christ according to the flesh, we regard him thus no longer.

2Cor 5:16 New American Standard Bible (�1995)

Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer.

Philipian

View Profile
The Apostle
Posted : 30 Nov, 2012 01:06 AM

I read of the movie online, its pretty a good one, but haven't seen it in my area...

Philipian

View Profile
lioness's
Posted : 30 Nov, 2012 01:04 AM

Pride will not be a bad idea, if it points to something/someone else other than I. For me to pride around in the redemption handed me by Christ is a brilliant concept as i use it to draw others to him...But the nuance is when I do not glory in the things done for me, but I glory in things I do for myself and those others cant top or reach. Then such pride needs some dose of humility and some cloak of shame to break its backbone of elegance...

Lets GLORY and be PROUD of the things done for us in Christ..and that knowledge will kill the "vessels of sin" that might be hiding in us as believer

Philipian

View Profile
Is there such a thing?
Posted : 30 Nov, 2012 12:57 AM

Essence of Ocean, I read your profile and I see the point you are making at HONESTY. Who ever said you can be too honest? You really cant. Again, can you have the Holy Spirit of God indwelling you and then be untruthful? NO...When Jesus was going, he told the 12 Disciples (who that time,, weren't born again, cos Jesus hadn't died and glorified and the holy spirit hadn't come) that He will send the HOLY SPIRIT,

John 15:26 New International Version (�1984)

"When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me. Again, read up John 14:26 New International Version (�1984)

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

IN clear definite terms, The Holy spirit will nudge you always to tell the truth. Again those two verses showed that apart from nudging you to be an activist for the truth, he will also teach you all things....NO man can hold you in guilt or make you feel sad because you opened up in your profile in truth. God leads you to open the truth and also teach you the truth according to the two verses.

If any man leaves cos he/she read the truth, then its evidently clear, he's not the "ONE". Do not mourn, rejoice because such does not deserve you cos they do not have the HOLY SPIRIT of truth!

To DJK255, its always evergreen and refreshing reading your post. Please keep up the faith!

Philipian

View Profile
Pinellas County Florida
Posted : 30 Nov, 2012 12:46 AM

Nice to see you here. Best regards and may God grant you your heart desires and wishes...

Philipian

View Profile
HI EVERYONE
Posted : 30 Nov, 2012 12:30 AM

EssenceofOcean, I must say for the times I had been here, i had found your messages here too very refreshing and relieving. Please keep up the good job. We thank God for his grace and his leading. Romans 8:14 is a good guide, he will lead us..and its an excellent thing you said when you said "you have left all avenue opened". God sometimes will not lead you when you are too rigid or as man, we already have our opinions about how he should lead us...No God's way are higher than ours.(Isi 55), he knows more than us. We should allow his leading. Our job is to keep avenue open and be not rigid and also understand the flow of the Holyspirit.....God will lead us in ways we understand or ways we do not understand. Its his to lead, its ours to follow...Do our calculations right and follow him

Once again, thanks sister EssenseofOcean.

Page : 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21