Author Thread
Philipian

View Profile
things
Posted : 2 Dec, 2012 02:15 AM

Its highly important to be rid of the old. The new will however not be the new you expect if you clutch too tight to the old and afraid to lose control of it. In the end, the old still get to run the new.

God will want you to take learning from 2Cor 5:17- If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature. Old things had passed away and behold all things are new. You will never adore the new, if you still set the old as an alter next to it.

Its a decision time. We became believers today, because, we let go of the OLD and accepted the NEW, and not because we kept OLD and NEW side by side!

Philipian

View Profile
Question
Posted : 2 Dec, 2012 02:00 AM

Tulip89 thanks for your wonderful and refreshing comment. I find it useful. Especially the 4 or 5yrs thing!

Philipian

View Profile
Question
Posted : 2 Dec, 2012 01:59 AM

CommittedtoChrist89, should it be hard to talk to a man? No. I don't think so.

Philipian

View Profile
It doesn't matter what everyone else thinks!
Posted : 2 Dec, 2012 01:20 AM

A passage quickly came to mind. Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you,� declares the Lord, �plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

However, we make sure we dont constitute ourselves a problem cause or a concern source for people, in our walk on earth. But at the end of the day, we are not to be ruled by opinion of men, we must be ruled by the opinion of God

Philipian

View Profile
A Broken Heart...
Posted : 2 Dec, 2012 01:17 AM

I agree with you dear sister. You wrote as one who had been to that mountain before. I agree with you. Your opinions, ground up and back to ground was well conceived, thought through and readily applicable to our lives. Of course if we aren't broken by one such love we never understood from the beginning, why would we be here seeking to meet someone who will rectify the hurts?

Thanks. I agree.

Isiah 43:2 says "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.

When you walk through the fire,you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.(New International Version). God bless you. God bless us all!

Philipian

View Profile
Do you see Hosea in yourself?
Posted : 1 Dec, 2012 09:49 AM

DEEDEE, its a hard place to be. No one naturally will vote himself/herself for that road! But in case of this, Hosea was to serve a prophetic reason with Gomer. Aside that, Hosea will do what any other natural man will do - Put her away.

Philipian

View Profile
What if she's invisible to you?
Posted : 1 Dec, 2012 09:30 AM

If going by the opinions submit of DKJ255 and Peacenic is something, then i think they are right!. But you made us realize office is not hindrance, so that seem to be freeing to know. But how about this, you keep studying more of this christian guy. At least so far he had been ranking before you! But before you create those "opportunities" for him, find out also if he is single, so your idea is legitimate.

And if and when single, i think you should make it simple. Just be friend with him from the first. Its safer. But not some friends who hide or deny their intents! Then again, you dont have to write your intention all over the walls for him. Be courteous and simply polite, leave the other side for him to read! Do not let it look like its a chase mission you are on. You have to protect your own dignity! Guess that's the position Chappybruck held. Remain at ease on this even while going about what you want. Who knows, you may even had caught his attention in same vein! Above all, double your prayer effort on this. Let God tie up your loose ends.

Philipian

View Profile
relationships
Posted : 1 Dec, 2012 08:01 AM

I think my learning list is growing! Some more please from the ladies heart!

Philipian

View Profile
When a guy says.....
Posted : 1 Dec, 2012 07:57 AM

Dear Colts Guru, for what its worth, all these sixsome sixes, don't and shouldn't make any recipient feel a bit happy!

First: * When a guy says....."I'm taking a step back but I still wanna hang out some time" - Complete unsuredness. Its a state of mind that says, I have a lot to think through, though for now, nothing still seems discovered wrong about you (so like some kind of "save up till now, but am watching!), but i still got some work to do to decisively place you!"

Second: * When a guy says....."I still wanna keep hanging out and doing what we're doing but I have to back off because I'm not over my ex" - Please its the simplest. Can you smell the ghost of yesterday? Cos I do! And why must the Ghost of yesterday scare you now? try and find a nearest exit. He has decision to make. Don't you think? I am not judgmental, but I think its insulting! If he is not done or over his/her ex, then let him/her keep it inward! However, there are time, when a partner might be un-over his ex, and in such few occurrences, he will seek your understanding to help him/her out. It will be both of you playing the healing together. Not you getting bashed in the face with an ex-memory not erased!

Third: *When a guy says....how beautiful you are and uses endearments before he even knows your name - Well a lot of guys but will not always be the same. While some are harmless, many others are not so un-harmful. And ladies generally from a million miles can smell the rat! So since the guy may mean harm or not, it behooves you to do some further check to ascertain the real state of his mind. Cleverly, if such endearment before too long begin to gravitate towards uneasy or impolite gestures, you got your answers...just F-L-E-E! And where you dont flee, how about a STAND-YOUR-GROUND kinda!

Fourth: *When a guy says......"sure, maybe some day" - It is as it sound...Sure some day we see how it goes or sure someday we get it right or sure someday we together be on that highway....but for now, we are not

Fifth: *When a guy says......"you can call if you want to" - The decision is yours. I am not really involved. Its your choice..Call if you want to..Most likely when that had been done by a guy at one time or the other, it had come from the heart that is saying, " you are not the prime thing now, but I cant stop you from calling, can i?"

Sixth: *when a guy says......"I'm hanging out with my buddies tonight but you can text if you want - Same as the fifth, but sometimes its not as bad as said! Bottom line on that is, if it were a a good said, then it will come with some tone of respect and maybe explanation.....but when its close ended and dry and your input is not requested on that "king's edict", then do you smell what I smell?

Philipian

View Profile
What do you feel?
Posted : 1 Dec, 2012 07:07 AM

Times are when if a man's heart is not filled and guided FIRST by a state of love he shared with his redeemer, he may soon find him/herself at loss looking for love (that is not actually lost) in lost places.

If any had "unfriended" me, such must have his/her reasons, be it cleverly or not! But in sense, the love I share with the father upholds my heart and remained unmoved. And that's paramount. That understanding will not put me in a despondent, head feverish, heart-heavy, face-forlorn, and a general sense of trepidation. Like Job, i can say, even though he slayeth me, i shall yet trust

him!

When this is deep seated within me, I can with all confidence naturally work through the "unfriend" episode, knowing am not emotionally insecure because I had been braced by a love unfathomable!

Page : 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18