Author Thread
1mountain

View Profile
What is the right response to wink?
Posted : 15 Oct, 2014 10:58 PM

I am sorry to say but most of the people on here told you exactly what winks are for and mean. And they mean nothing of what you said. I must congratulate you on actually speaking about yourself on your profile by the way. I don't know if you noticed but MOST girls on here don't give anything on their profile worthy of starting conversation about.

I send winks for the primary reason of finding out if someone is interested. If they send a message back or wink back I will write a message. I also send them because I don't want to waste time writing a message that won't be replied to. When I first got here I used to send messages, but since only one in a hundred people would reply to my messages at all I stopped bothering to write messages at all without winking first.

Honestly gals, stop expecting me to take the time to write you any message at all until you show interest. You're not going to get one because it's a waste of time to write a thoughtful message you're not going to care enough about to reply to. Also about it being polite or not, to not reply to a wink is perfectly acceptable in my opinion. A message on the other hand took time and thought and effort, so yes it can be offensive to not reply in my opinion.

1mountain

View Profile
Christians Wearing Clothes in Modesty vs Practicality
Posted : 1 Oct, 2014 12:55 AM

Personally I feel much the same as you A COOL, some people like such but I rather don't. Much like in a capitalistic society, sex doesn't sell to everyone, just the lowest common denominator. Thus guys and gals it comes a question of who you want to attract.

As for requiring people to carry weapons or martial arts training to wear something revealing I rather find that ridiculous. However I have trained in a few martial arts and loved it, so I'd recommend that everyone try it. Better to have a defence than not have one and suddenly need it.

Lastly we do have the question of what sort of photos are not only appropriate but recommended on this site. It is for Christians so that should be a clue most of us aren't the lusty type, or are trying not to be. However there are basic questions about photos and I think some take the 'no attraction should be based on physical terms' to an extreme. A person's build is IMPORTANT to some, most of all me because I'm a bean pole. Also you're going to sleep next to that face for the rest of your life, isn't it important to know what it looks like before you get into something? Also a lot of people have serious body image issues, and don't know what their build is in all honesty. So I highly recommend at minimum two pictures for all your profiles, a bust (face and shoulders) so I can see your face, facial composition and eyes, and a full length shot so I can determine if your body type is within what I could be attracted to.

1mountain

View Profile
I must ask, REAL ... or FAKE??
Posted : 26 Sep, 2014 01:12 AM

True people of ill intent are everywhere. It's one reason I like the film Doom, it points out that it's what's in one's heart that matters. The corrupt become worse when given power and the good sometimes use the strength for good.

In my experience the fake people have all had several pictures. Usually they will include something sexy or a few pics like that. Not always however so it's hard to make generalizations. Of course this is female fake people I'm talking about here and you're probably talking about guys.

Yeah having a graduate degree you have to write quite a few papers and use good grammar and spelling so that's definitely a clue. Another one can be if the person's profile seems to be passable English but when they start messaging you it's much worse or different. For the most part I've noticed the female scammers will be young and say 'age doesn't matter' but then that's not always a clue because a few of the friends I've made on here who are real let guys any age message them and don't mention age as a criterion.

1mountain

View Profile
Just confused
Posted : 22 Sep, 2014 08:14 PM

Who knows really but him. Another gal might have entered the picture as well, so there's lots of possibilities. However I will observe that he sounds needy and demanding in wanting quick replies. I know this because sometimes I have been that way in relationships. He might be acti\ng like that if he's fressh off a heartbreak as well, but again who knows.

1mountain

View Profile
Asia
Posted : 19 Sep, 2014 09:15 PM

I think it simply has to do with where the site is most popular. If you haven't noticed there aren't many people on here from north america but a lot from various parts of asia. Also if I'm not mistaken there are more girls on here from the Ukraine than the much larger and more populous Russia. That said those of us in the states have an unearned reputation for being more attractive than other countries, as shown by a youtube video I can't seem to locate at the moment. Also our country has a undeserved reputation for being rich, even though most of us are poor now. Also there are income requirements to marry a foreigner that vary between the country the foreigner comes from, unless the person obtains their own work visa first.

1mountain

View Profile
Christians in politics
Posted : 19 Sep, 2014 08:52 PM

Personally I think religion should recognize the danger of getting too involved with government. The more involved you are the more that same government can control you. We should never consider ourselves a 'Christian nation' but rather a 'nation of Christians'. As a Christian it's fine to get involved in politics but we must always remember 'give to Ceasar what is Ceasar's' and not to be too moved by the world, but to be 'in this world but not of it'. We as Christians are set apart. Interfereing with other's lives and choices is not what we're here to do. We are to lead people to the truth when they ask us to. Government is government and our faith must remain separate from it and therefore untainted by it.

1mountain

View Profile
scammers
Posted : 12 Sep, 2014 09:44 PM

Agree with you about that for sure. You know even on livemocha back when it was an open user-generated community I didn't talk with any Malaysians to know what their common errors were. Just a bit of a tip, the usual flaw with a Russian or Ukrainian's (and many other eastern European native languages) is they misuse 'the' such as use it when they shouldn't or don't use it when they should. Their languages don't contain such a word.

1mountain

View Profile
I must ask, REAL ... or FAKE??
Posted : 12 Sep, 2014 09:39 PM

I think one did in my experience. For the most part though they have not said much (Nigeria) and said a lot (Ukraine) about how they were after true love etc. and the message for the most part could have been sent to anyone at all, in other words it wasn't all that personalized to me. However yes love and trust was brought up.

1mountain

View Profile
Men as hunters
Posted : 11 Sep, 2014 09:51 PM

Yeah I heard from a friend on here she routinely gets marriage proposals as first messages from guys here. Guys and gals are a bit too quick to get emotionally involved online and aside from the drive of loneliness I'm not sure why. I like to think of it as a dance too. Am tired of dancing alone, but haven't had a dance partner for years.

1mountain

View Profile
To hold or to let go
Posted : 11 Sep, 2014 09:42 PM

Well said sister and quite profound but true. I too am glad my exes left even though it left me hurt. They were not the right one for me.

Page : 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14