Author Thread
1mountain

View Profile
Hey y'all :)
Posted : 6 Jan, 2015 01:24 AM

I can understand there have been some days when I wanted to shut this profile down in dejected bitterness. Am glad I didn't, even though I've yet to have any success at finding a romantic interest. Keep calm and post on!

1mountain

View Profile
Hello :)
Posted : 6 Jan, 2015 01:22 AM

Hello yes I wish more people used the forums they're quite helpful and interesting and great for fellowship.

1mountain

View Profile
Not wanting to be viewed or contacted by a Filipna
Posted : 6 Jan, 2015 01:18 AM

Hoosier makes some good points and those are probably pretty common reasons. Long distance relationships are tough and rarely successful. However for me I have entirely different reasons which are much more probably confusing for some to understand.

My reasons have to do with genetics and blood typing. Almost all Asians (outside of Japan and India) are type O or B. I am type A2 which is only found in northern Europe. I want to find someone of the same type partly because it makes complications with pregnancy less likely, and because I have rare blood factors and other rare genetics I would like to pass on to the next generation. Hope that made some kind of sense.

I think the complaints about gals from the Philippines comes from the simple fact that the site is so popular there. If the site were crazy popular in Ethiopia, India or Poland then there would probably be people lamenting how many messages they get from those countries. I think the main complaint centres around people not getting enough messages from near them, and getting so much attention from so far away.

1mountain

View Profile
New Years Resolution?
Posted : 6 Jan, 2015 01:09 AM

Ha ha good one Curious. Am sure there are a lot of people in that same situation as New Years resolutions are often not implimented for long. A long while ago I kind of resolved not to make them. I feel that one resolution at a time would be a better approach to really changing habits, rather than resolving a bunch of changes all at once. Of course everyone's different so others might have greater success making a lot of changes at once.

1mountain

View Profile
Ethnicity and Ancestry
Posted : 29 Dec, 2014 09:27 PM

Funny, yeah I know right? The main thing that bugs me is the way it's currently arranged it's far too Amerocentric, regardless of the fact the site is so popular in many countries. A worldwide site in this day and age shouldn't focus so much on any single country.

1mountain

View Profile
Merry Christmas from New Zealand
Posted : 25 Dec, 2014 12:01 AM

Happy Christmas to you and all from my country. Hope you all enjoy your holiday.

1mountain

View Profile
Email notification of new post on topic
Posted : 24 Dec, 2014 11:07 PM

Right on I've always thought that would be an excellent feature to add. Livejournal has it and it makes it much easier to use. In fact all the other forums everywhere seem to notify you when someone replies to your comment.

1mountain

View Profile
Ethnicity and Ancestry
Posted : 24 Dec, 2014 11:05 PM

Since this is a worldwide site terms such as 'African American' make little to no sense here. Someone recently viewed my profile who lives in Nairobi, and she had to say she was African American instead of African which would have made more sense. Also racially and genetically someone from India is very different from someone from China. I know this from studying immunohaematology and genetics.

We need to change all of the ethnic categories in light of this. I suggest all of our current categories be replaced with the following options. I also suggest we change the term 'Ethnicity' to 'Primary Ancestry' to be more accurate. Your profile says which country you live in after all, so an African Canadian can select their primary ancestry as African and select that they live in Canada.

Primary Ancestry categories: (in no particular order) (hope I can remember them all)

African (for sub-saharan africa)

Mediterranean

Southern European

Eastern European

Northern European

European

Middle Eastern

Indian

Asian

Phillippino

Indonesian

Native American

Hispanic

Pacific Islander

Native Australian

Other Indigenous People

and of course Other for people who don't feel they fit any of these.

Thus a person of Taiwanese descent living in England would select Asian and their country of residence as England. Or a South African of Dutch descent would select European as their Primary Ancestry. I would select the same though I live in America, and the young lady who viewed me living in Africa could select simply African rather than African American since she lives in Kenya.

Perhaps the menu could even be changed so someone who was of both English and African descent living in Australia could select both ancestries rather than just 'mixed race' which isn't a very helpful catchall term.

1mountain

View Profile
How is your Spiritual Being?
Posted : 24 Dec, 2014 12:20 AM

ikwomta I certainly feel your pain there. A friend who knew how lonely I was once quoted from the Psalms 'hope continually deferred makes the heart sick' about me and my situation. Almost a decade later and all I've had was one three year relationship that I thought was going somewhere that fell apart. I don't know why God delays things either, as he made man to leave father and mother and marry. Such can only be understood I suppose when we find our wait over and meet the companion made for us.

1mountain

View Profile
Is it wrong to tell someone you aren't attracted to them?
Posted : 24 Dec, 2014 12:12 AM

You dating / not dating people are arguing only because of a difference in semantics and what your definition of a 'date' is. You're like the see of India and Constantinople during and after the council of Chalcedon. Simply put, what is your idea of a date? Going somewhere and doing something and talking to the other person to get to know them? Of course. What is the difference? If you're doing it for the purposes of getting to know a friend, it's not a date it's hanging out in most people's minds. If you're doing it with the hopes that this might become a romantic relationship then in our minds it's a date.

Your concept of 'dating' must involve something else that it doesn't in our minds. In mine I could 'go on a date' with a girl in another country by just setting a date for a Google video chat where we'd talk and get to know each other. If we only had becoming friends in mind though I wouldn't call it a date, I'd call it hanging out. If I went out for coffee for the first time with a gal I was interested in I'd call that a first date. If I went out for coffee for the first time with someone I wasn't interested in I'd say we hung out.

I've never understood the real difference, if there is any, between how my brother got to know his future wife and the normal way. I mean seriously if you asked me I'd say he and she went on lots of dates before he started courting her. I'd call those times of 'courting' her dates too. No matter what word you'd like to use we all do the same actual acts of meeting and talking to get to know the other person.

Page : 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12