Author Thread
1mountain

View Profile
Starting a conversation?
Posted : 6 Dec, 2014 01:03 AM

Oh and something that would help start conversation is if people talked a bit about their oddities in their profiles. I say plenty to start a conversation about, perhaps too much. Not everyone does though.

1mountain

View Profile
Starting a conversation?
Posted : 6 Dec, 2014 01:01 AM

A lot of good suggestions on here from pretty much everyone. I've got those 'hi' messages from people too if that's all you're going to say just wink. It says about the same to me. Of course I've also sent many very thoughtful messages that never get a reply. The more thoughtful the more it makes me sad to not even get a 'no thanks don't want to talk to you'. So yeah to the gals who say you don't get a reply I feel ya.

1mountain

View Profile
Was it to settle the score of denial?
Posted : 6 Dec, 2014 12:50 AM

Sorry should have read your post more clearly. Personally I think it was less to 'get back at him' and more to encourage him to leave it in the past forgiven. And the other stuff I also mentioned.

1mountain

View Profile
Was it to settle the score of denial?
Posted : 6 Dec, 2014 12:48 AM

Ok as far as why Jesus asked Peter three times, it's really quite simple. Remember how Peter denied Jesus three times before the rooster crowed for the coming dawn the morning he was crucified? Jesus asked him three times to remind him of that, and to reinforce perhaps his forgiving him doing that. Note how Peter is pained by it especially after the third time. Also Jesus gives Peter his marching orders in his answers, and tells his future.

Peter went on to be of cardinal importance in founding the church, and some regard him as in a way the head of the brothers. That he'd be singled out in this exchange isn't surprising in light of both things. Peter some say had a quick temper and was impulsive. However he was given the name Peter for a reason, and in his later life after this event he stood very strong for Christ through much persecution.

1mountain

View Profile
Who talks first?
Posted : 6 Dec, 2014 12:37 AM

If a guy you think interesting viewed your profile and didn't say anything then yes definitely send him a wink. I view girls profiles often enough, and don't think they would be interested in me so I send nothing. Then they send a message or wink and we get to talking.

In real life it's the same, at least with me. If a gal doesn't smile at me I usually think she doesn't want my attentions. If she does then I will know she might and risk rejection.

A lot of guys have become rather timid, most of all the more sensitive ones among us. The simple advice I'd give to any gal on here is, if you find a guy interesting indicate it to him. Then he'll know he has half a chance of getting a reply to his messages.

1mountain

View Profile
How guys feel about tattoos on women
Posted : 6 Dec, 2014 12:31 AM

I don't like ink in skin personally. It's a turnoff to me even if it is scripture. Remember your guy will have to see that for the rest of his life too after you get married.

In addition to the bible not telling us to mark ourselves with scripture, it specifically says not to get tattoos in Exudous. Of course that's around the same place it says guys should never shave their beards so take that as you will. Besides we have been released from adherence to those laws by the fulfillment of the law in Jesus. Although, if I wanted to I could always grow out my beard. It would be a lot harder to make a tattoo disappear.

I often advise my friends who are considering a tattoo or another one to try doing it in henna first to see how they really like it. Since henna isn't permanent you could give it a trial run that way, without the commitment. Kind of like going on a few dates before you marry if you will.

1mountain

View Profile
The hate on homeschool
Posted : 6 Dec, 2014 12:23 AM

LOL to Rambo and Kev. I don't know any people personally who are opposed to homeschool, in fact most of those I know are for it. Are these people from overseas? Some overseas school systems are much better than ours. For instance in Latvia they learn three languages all the way through.

I was schooled at home all the way through. It was a great experence for me as well. I learned countless things that regular schoolchildren don't get taught and most importantly I learned to teach myself things. This has come in very handy in adult life, allowing me to just read books and learn about anything I want and how to do anything I want.

Funny I do photography and graphic design too as hobbies. Long story short no homeschool wouldn't scare me away. Your age preferences would lol While I will say it took me a while to socially adjust, and realise there's a lot of people with very bad motives I'm glad I was educated at home. There's plenty of things that my parents could have done to prepare me socially for the rest of the world that would have mitigated that. I'd ignore those two guys as flukes, I think most of us would consider it a good thing.

1mountain

View Profile
The one that needs help. :<
Posted : 28 Nov, 2014 11:29 PM

I too am it appears facing a similar situation. The last girl I went on a date with, three and a half years ago contacted me the other day. This started a few days of feeling depressed, as it hit me all at once how much I missed her. The love we felt for each other was the most intense she or I had ever experienced, but she broke it off with me and never told me why.

Shortly after she returned to her home country and last I asked she said she was in a happy relationship with a guy who made her happy. She had pretty severe depression when I met her. Naturally that was one of those 'happy for you but sad for me' moments. Since I don't know if they're still together and don't know anyone to ask for the answer except for her I haven't asked again.

We changed each others lives, and for whatever reason didn't stay together. One thing I can suggest is to not dwell on thinking about him and most of all not to dwell on your feelings for him. I spent a lot of time those three days thinking about how much I loved and missed her, and the more I thought about that the more depressed I became. If I just think of her now my thoughts will tend towards my feelings, but so long as I don't think about those feelings I remain free to reflect on what the true meaning of us to each other and the purpose for the relationship.

1mountain

View Profile
Just stopping by to say hello :)
Posted : 28 Nov, 2014 11:11 PM

Well you're not alone in not having success here. There just aren't many members unfortunately, the site doesn't seem to be very popular in the states. I have however made quite a few friends overseas, and heard some very interesting conversion stories in nations where Christians are the minority. Not sure if I'll ever see these people in person though.

1mountain

View Profile
What I don't get about Americans
Posted : 20 Oct, 2014 12:39 AM

I will agree that I often don't understand americans either. Then again that's making a generalization and I prefer not to make those. That said I sadly do think they often come across as spoiled. That and lacking in taste and appreciating well made and beautiful things, but that can be said for the people of a lot of countries as well. I wonder if our civilized civilization has made us weak. Some scientists have postulated the human intelligence peaked long before the present, back when we were hunter gatherers and lived every day on the edge. I didn't grow up as a typical american child though so it gives me an outsider's perspective on the culture that has become popular here.

Page : 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14