Author Thread
1mountain

View Profile
Hello :)
Posted : 10 Jan, 2015 10:01 PM

In answer to anyone who is wondering how to use the live chat feature of this site it's pretty simple, up at the top near the right click the 'live chat' button. It will take you to a menu page where you can choose which chat room you wish to chat in. Click one of the six chat buttons and it will pop up a little window with the chat in it.

So, go here:

http://www.christiandatingforfree.com/mchat/

Select one and start chatting.

1mountain

View Profile
Not wanting to be viewed or contacted by a Filipna
Posted : 7 Jan, 2015 10:30 PM

Your comments make me think of another thing about this site that peeves me greatly. Why is it so pro-American and Amerocentric? Seriously, everything from the only 'race' option when making a profile if you're African being African-American to actually having a forum topic 'The Military: God Bless the Men and Women of the US Military!! Talk about your life, experiences and association with our brave soldiers." What on earth is that topic on here for??? If it didn't specify the US military it would be ok, but to probably most of the users of this site it probably is offensive. I feel some serious changes need to be made to be more inclusive of people all over the world, but I've been saying that for a long while.

1mountain

View Profile
Why always my country?
Posted : 7 Jan, 2015 10:21 PM

My experience is similar to 123JJJ's in this. I actually feel like almost nobody reads my profile before contacting me, on more than just this site. There's another Christian dating site I am on and the first line in my profile is 'Do not message me any emails, if you do I will never respond to you again. Smiles and winks only please.' and countless times (seriously my inbox on that site has hundreds of unread messages) gals who definitely don't match any of my desired qualities and I don't match any of theirs just write me email after email. It's not just that country it's an epidemic plague found in all countries on all dating sites. If people all over the world would just start reading rather than 'oooh pretty face' >sends message< it would benefit all of us.

1mountain

View Profile
serious topic
Posted : 7 Jan, 2015 10:09 PM

I agree with most of what the guys had to say here. Except for one thing, and I encourage everyone on this thread to read Ruth's story again. What she did to get Boaz to propose was positively scandalous. Also yes she was the one who followed her mother in law back to her people and left behind her own to go with her. Further she was the one who went out to glean and found his field.

Must admit I've wondered the same thing though, if I am doing what God wants in being on dating sites. As for this site, I definitely think God is behind it because of all the fellowship and friends that I've come across. As for other sites no I'm really not sure and doubt they will yield much of anything. You know this question of 'how God would have us meet our mate' makes me think of a short film I saw a while back, if I can find it I'll post it. It'll make you think a bit.

My last thought is "men who view themselves as Godly gentlemen on here by lifestyle not just name" shouldn't be who you're seeking the opinion of. Lifestyle has nothing to do with following God. 'As many are led by the spirit of God are sons of God.' Those who are led by the spirit of God have been led to do many things that wouldn't seem like a 'good Christian lifestyle'. Being Christian has little to do with lifestyle and much to do with the spirit and being led in it.

1mountain

View Profile
What are your favorite music/songs on YouTube?
Posted : 6 Jan, 2015 02:40 AM

Here are a few of them. I'll start out with a few songs that are Christian. The first one is by a 'secular' band which sure does a lot of songs about God and Christian beliefs.

A Day Before Tomorrow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqpZQZLOgik

Arvien Tuvak https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2KJdd89yYE

I could go on for literally thousands of songs but am going to try to keep it somewhat short for you all so here's two more instrumental tracks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USCbUQTkZhE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5N9r8SgeSc

1mountain

View Profile
Are these red flags?
Posted : 6 Jan, 2015 02:18 AM

>selfie time at the water cooler!!!< :ROFL:

Ok well my personal take would be that while tasteless shirtless pictures or bathroom pictures aren't a red flag. That said I do very much find either to be tasteless. If he's wearing modest trunks at the beach and playing in the water shirtless then no not tasteless. Basically if it's gratuitous 'nudity' then I find it to be trashy. As for bikini / swimsuit pictures posted by gals well again there's a delicate issue, what some find offensive others won't. I know there's been some talk about it here but I don't find anything wrong with a bathing suit picture so long as it's tastefully done and not a distastefully skimpy suit. Keep in mind though who you want to attract. If you want to land a Quaker then dress like one.

As for no pictures with his buddies, guys aren't particularly prone as a gender to take group pictures. Something about the way we interact. We're more prone to snap shots of our friends doing something cool or have our friends snap a shot of us doing something than we are to do a 'group hug!' and take a selfie. If he seems to have no friends that might be an issue though. I have very few friends I ever see in person I must admit, but have many friends on line around the world. I've never had many friends honestly. There were times when I didn't have any friends of my own. Nothing wrong with me, just didn't have any of my own. I have a few close ones and that's enough for my taste. Nope don't have any pictures with them and me in the same frame either.

1mountain

View Profile
How can you start/continue a relationship at the right speed?
Posted : 6 Jan, 2015 02:00 AM

A lot of good advice already here so I'll go straight to the bonus round. In my experience if someone's profile is deleted then there MIGHT be room for concern but definitely not always. One friend on here had to make a new profile because a guy she was chatting with here got ticked off and decided to retaliate by reporting her, and they deleted her profile. She's definitely a for real person though and regular user of the forums.

1mountain

View Profile
The Ball Is In the Womans Court
Posted : 6 Jan, 2015 01:56 AM

Ha ha you remind me of a joke I once heard. 'At the end of a first date the guy is usually hoping there will be a second one, and the girl already knows.' I think that's how it goes at least.

1mountain

View Profile
Keep in mind, newcomers...
Posted : 6 Jan, 2015 01:54 AM

Right on all good pieces of advice. I'll share a few more pieces of experience I've had on this site and others. Now also keep in mind that while these things are OFTEN true of scammers they aren't always. There are many ways to work a scam and many people who aren't running a scam who have these marks.

My first piece of advice is any gal from the Ukraine who asks for your email address because her English isn't good is probably going to sign you up for a 'dating' account at UAdreams.com that you can't delete. Remember folks English is kind of the defacto world language now, and most countries teach their grade schoolers through high schoolers to speak it. This wasn't always the case though so older people from foreign countries may not have learned.

Second beware of anyone who says they're from the US and lives overseas. A way you can find this out is often just by asking them what the weather is like or what they're doing up so late, or what time it is there. Also definitely be extremely cautious of anyone who says both of their parents are dead / abandoned them and they are living with friends. Another thing I've found to often be true is people who don't immediately show sympathy if you're sick or any sympathy at all when you tell them you're not feeling well are suspicious.

1mountain

View Profile
Guys Take It Easy
Posted : 6 Jan, 2015 01:36 AM

Good point and thanks for bringing it up Fearnada. As for me (just so you know gals) if I'm rushing things it's because I'm very excited and hopeful there is something to the relationship. Also some gals can rush things too, it's not like it's a one sided thing.

As for some guys here claiming to be Christians and not behaving like a good one, it's worth noting that as Christians we're not perfect but forgiven. Not all of us are moving at the same pace either. I know some people who are deeply spiritual but you'd never know it to look at their lives, as they use lots of foul language, drink heavily and live with their boyfriend. Spiritual growth doesn't happen instantly it takes place over time.

Page : 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11