Author Thread
gracefreedme

View Profile
submission
Posted : 25 Jul, 2009 04:23 PM

This is something my pastor and I were discussing just the other day. The womans role biblically is to show her husband respect this does not mean bow at his feet however. He does have the final say in matters and if the wife disagrees even though it may be hard, she should allow him to make a mistake now and then, and support him when he does.

The husbands role is to be the provider and protector. But his main role is to make his wife feel that she is the most important person ( other than God ) to him. He is to make sure that she feels loved beyond a shadow of a doubt. Which I must admit I failed at in my own marriage.

The two are one, a team, both working towards the same goals.

gracefreedme

View Profile
favorites
Posted : 25 Jul, 2009 04:12 PM

kinda reminds me of high school:ROFL:

gracefreedme

View Profile
What do you think MEN?..
Posted : 21 Jul, 2009 06:24 PM

From a lot of the counseling I have done at our church through Life Skills Intl. Most of those problems stem from the way they were raised and from emotional wounding they incurred as children. What they grew up with becomes the norm. This can include physical, mental and sexual abuse that they may have been victim to. They can be helped, it involves bringing those memories out in the open and then working through them to bring about emotional healing. I know personally because I had to go through the Life Skills counseling twice as a student before I could even take the training to facilitate classes. Bringing those old wounds back to the surface can be painful but that is the only way to get healing, and is soooooooo worth it. Hope this helped in some way.

gracefreedme

View Profile
soooooooooooo ok
Posted : 21 Jul, 2009 06:14 PM

Just when ya think the week is half over. Doh!!!

gracefreedme

View Profile
Scammers
Posted : 20 Jul, 2009 07:16 PM

What gets me are some these profiles that have pictures of very attractive women claiming to be from the United States, but when you read the little bit they have in their description you can tell that they don't speak English. Can you say:stop:

But the really sad part is when you look down at the bottom it will show that they are 10 or 15 guys favorites list. Wake up guys and use a little discernment here. Don't be led astray by the pretty face.

gracefreedme

View Profile
Marriage Proposals...
Posted : 20 Jul, 2009 02:49 AM

prettysweet1,

any man that proposes to you on the first date or says they want marry you but not date you, RUUUNNNNN!! Those men have some serious issues you don't want any part of. Most of the time I think they are trying to get you committed before you can find out what they are really like. Once they got you it's too late.

Lonewolf is right, we are a microwave generation, everything has to be faster, instant. there are some things though that are worth the wait.

gracefreedme

View Profile
Beliefs preventing acceptance?
Posted : 19 Jul, 2009 06:10 PM

My brother, you are not alone in the being lonely. Since I am still just seperated I can't even think about going on a date or anything like that. Yet I was lonely in the marriage before I seperated. I have to hold on to the truth of all in God's time, not mine. I just thank God for this site and the wonderful fellowship to be had here ( by brothers and sisters ). As far as your beliefs being the problem, I can't say. I know that when I have those type of doubts I go to someone I believe knows a lot more than I do. I trust that they will tell me the truth not just what I want to hear. We will go to scripture to see if what I think lines up with the Word of God ( the ultimate test ). It's good to get an outside perspective on things ' cause left to myself I can get things pretty twisted up. Hope this helps in some way and stay strong in the Lord Samson, you're in the right place. Mike

gracefreedme

View Profile
conviction of the holy spirit
Posted : 19 Jul, 2009 04:39 PM

First off let me say well said again cattle, I agree with you completely. Proudly, I don't know how you feel about the Trinity, but for me they are all parts of the same entity. Just as Jesus Christ was the visible image of our invisible God, so the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God dwelling within us. Guiding, comforting and yes convicting us of our sins in order to keep us on the right path. To me, when I say the Holy Spirit, I am also saying God, I do not believe for an instant that you can seperate any one of the three. So in essence you are in part correct, when you speak of one you also speak of the other two. Where we tend to get into trouble is when we get too hung up on legalism, details and trying with our puny mortal brains to explain the things of God. That is where I think faith comes into play.

gracefreedme

View Profile
KJV, NIV, ETC
Posted : 19 Jul, 2009 02:16 PM

I kinda view different translations of the bible the same way I do different denominations. If you try to make others feel less than you because they have a different translation or belong to a different denomination then you are trying to glorify yourself and are wrong. What difference does it make which translation someone is reading as long as they are reading God's Word. I keep 4 different translations on my desk because I like to compare the verses in each. I may like the way an NLT puts one verse and the way KJV puts another. No one should put stumbling blocks in front of another seeking the Lord.

gracefreedme

View Profile
Top 3 Things Guys Can't Stand About Girls
Posted : 19 Jul, 2009 10:29 AM

I think ole cattle said it best:excited:

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7