Author Thread: Compliments and Suspicion
WHISPERRED110AC

View Profile
History
Compliments and Suspicion
Posted : 23 Jan, 2009 07:58 PM

Why do some women view a compliment given to them from a guy as suspicious and deceptive; especially within this site or others like it? David

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jan, 2009 08:31 PM

David,

Can you be more specific?And then we can try to answer.

Blessings, Jesusfreak47

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jan, 2009 07:29 PM

I have a answer to this one...because when you have been so disappointed and hurt by The Opposite Sex...I don't mean once or twice I mean serveal times..(Your not even thinking negative about men or life) You just think "Ok Whatever" You might not say that to The Guy But Sometimes A Guy Plays "Head Games" they might mean The Compliment But It Just For "The Moment" "Nothing Serious" Men sometimes say things just to say things..."O Your Pretty" "Blablabla but there is no real meaning into what they are saying..."They really don't want a commitment" "So it kind of like a condition more or less..."You take it as it comes as "A Women Of God" "You don't believe it is real unless proven" "You don't give out Your Best Stuff..meaning gifts or really nice emotionally things until you know a person...Time And Time Again This Prove To Be So...Until "A Born-Again Christian Shows Me "Christ Love" "I will always be "Suspecious" So Hopefully I Have Helped You A Little...

~Blessings~:applause:

~May God Richely Bless You And Your Family~:applause:

~Lynda~:peace::angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jan, 2009 07:32 PM

I have a answer to this one...because when you have been so disappointed and hurt by The Opposite Sex...I don't mean once or twice I mean serveal times..(Your not even thinking negative about men or life) You just think "Ok Whatever" You might not say that to The Guy But Sometimes A Guy Plays "Head Games" they might mean The Compliment But It Just For "The Moment" "Nothing Serious" Men sometimes say things just to say things..."O Your Pretty" "Blablabla but there is no real meaning into what they are saying..."They really don't want a commitment" "So it kind of like a condition more or less..."You take it as it comes as "A Women Of God" "You don't believe it is real unless proven" "You don't give out Your Best Stuff..meaning gifts or really nice emotionally things until you know a person...Time And Time Again This Prove To Be So...Until "A Born-Again Christian Guy Shows Me "Christ Love" "I will always be "Suspecious" So Hopefully I Have Helped You A Little...

~Blessings~

~May God Richely Bless You And Your Family~

~Lynda~

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jan, 2009 09:20 PM

I don't think I ever give a girl a compliment, But I have seen other guys give other girls compliment and those are usually the bad ones. Also, I do know some of them right now and you are right LyndaRuth. I totally agree with you on that one.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jan, 2009 09:25 PM

Hey ~ I'm glad to receive a compliment ~ think I can discern their sincerity :-)

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jan, 2009 09:36 PM

So, you do take surveys!:laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jan, 2009 10:49 PM

Now i realized in light of the subject matter that my smart aleck comment could've been misconstrued. So, becasue I have a lot of respect for Mr. Whisperred, I would like to add my sincere 2 cents.

Without being able to quote the exact scriptures, proverbs do talk about the dangers of trusting a flatterer. But the Bible also talks about building one another up, about loving each other. And Barnabus was an encourager in the book of Acts.

So, in short, I do agree with the lady who says we need to use our discernment. But I think in order to do that, we have to be healed of past abuses and disappointments, and be loved by safe "family" so that we aren't reliving past mistakes and have the self esteem to not need the wrong kinds of compliments. (And pray before we speak, ask Holy Spirit to guide and give us wisdom.) And we need to spend time with our Loving FAther and let Him love us through His word and presence.

Encouragement is hard for many of us women to receive in the form of compliments because of all the insincere ones, or ones given with wrong motives. But a word of encouragement, or a compliment given out of right motives and a pure heart can also be very healing. If we withhold the good kind of attention from each other, then it leaves some vulnerable to the wrong kind of love.

I say let us try to build up each other in our most holy faith. In sincerety and respect.

chozen2b

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2009 04:50 PM

I think it has a lot to do with the woman's past experience as a previous poster said. If you been hurt or disappointed and have not allowed God to heal you, your preception of people and their motives can become twisted and you become very distrustful of others.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2009 05:06 PM

Thank you my sister,

That is so true. Blessings, Lydia

WHISPERRED110AC

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jan, 2009 08:30 PM

Thanks Lynda, you did help and I hope you will not experience that type of pain again. David

Page : 1 2