Author Thread: would you ask?...
Admin

would you ask?...
Posted : 9 Jun, 2009 04:40 PM

dear ladies , would you ask a guy out you just ran across in a store?

thanks ole cattle

View Profile
History
would you ask?...
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 10:55 AM

dear slj, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
would you ask?...
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 12:38 PM

I'd wouldn't because I don't know their beliefs and I don't want to waste either of our time. I probably wouldn't mind discussing such things with him to find where he stands, and then invite him to join a few friends and I somewhere, until I feel safe around him. I'm still a bit on the fence of who should ask, but I can't say I'm opposed to a woman being the one to ask the man. However, I lean away from those being romantic dates until after he has been the one to ask the woman out for such.

View Profile
History
would you ask?...
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 02:17 PM

i'm going to be the slightly different one. i will ask a man to a function or dinner. So i'm compassionate about men's experiences and rejection.

Not sure i would ask out a man i just met at a store, because don't know if they are married, or creepy, stalker, etc. These are issues women face more than men.

i have had an experience where a quite elderly man was asking me about bathroom towels, etc., as his wife was coming home from hospital... it was a lazy Sunday and i was doing window shopping... we talked about his wife, etc., and he asked if he could buy for me a cup of coffee (starbucks in the store)... so i purchased my few items, met him, and he told me his life, etc., and his first marriage was late in life and didn't feel he got a good deal as she is always sick and needy.... i shared the roles we are asked to play by God, etc., , yup, he asked for my number, which i declined, but i took his. he was at least 30 years older. never called him.

back to the question, i know there are many men who are also shy, and the first move is very uncomfortable. Plus, maybe the great idea to ask me for coffee hasn't come to them, yet! so i'm helping it along. :laugh:

93georgiagirl

View Profile
History
would you ask?...
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 08:32 PM

No, I would never ask out a man I had just met in a store. I am too old-fashioned and leary of that. In this day and age, I am gonna know a WHOLE lot about someone before going out. There are too many weirdos out there, and I have children in my home that I have to protect. Romantically, anyway, I think the man should ask out the woman. That's just how I am.

View Profile
History
would you ask?...
Posted : 18 Jun, 2009 06:30 PM

Nope...........I like "man" to be the hunter...You think that's why I'm still sitting by the riverbank?...Do tell!..:) Robin

beccalee1281

View Profile
History
would you ask?...
Posted : 19 Jun, 2009 12:51 PM

Nope... I would not ever do that! The number one reason is extreme shyness. Second I think the guy should ask the girl! Lastly I HATE to shop, so, unless I am buying for someone else I usually go in with a list and get it over with quickly!

View Profile
History
would you ask?...
Posted : 20 Jun, 2009 06:25 AM

dear folks, all good answers.. thanks

ole cattle

View Profile
History
would you ask?...
Posted : 22 Jun, 2009 01:26 AM

No, I am a bit shy (although most would not believe it), but I also prefer the man to do the asking... at least the first time around. I figure, if I want someone who is going to be the head of a family, spiritually, etc, then he needs to be the pursuer. Once in an ongoing relationship then it's more of a mutual thing, but I prefer a man with initiative.

Now, would I go out with someone I just met at the store? That depends... Was he coming on too strongly? Was he friendly? What kind of "date" would it be? I would be willing to meet him for coffee somewhere public where I could learn more about him and he could learn more about me. There's no need to have a second date if I don't like what I learn in the coffee shop date about his spirituality.

1LovelyItaliana

View Profile
History
would you ask?...
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 09:24 AM

Never, ever EVER. It's not my place. It's his place to ask ME out if it's God's prompting. I know this is making it far more serious sounding than it seems... but let's just say that secular dating today is so FAR REMOVED from the Bible... courting is ideally what we should be doing-- dating with the intent of marriage, not dating for the sport of it...that is pointless. Anywho, I recall that in the Bible, it almost lways says a woman was a harlot whenever she went after a guy. So... unless you discount Ruth's way of going about things, it isn't exactly our job. The man was designed for the hunt- don't put us up to your task lol- we're of more noble quality than that.

Blessings in Christ,

xo M

View Profile
History
would you ask?...
Posted : 14 Jul, 2009 12:45 PM

No I would not ask a man out. I am shy and old fashioned.

Page : 1 2