Author Thread: Profile foto feedback..
ian777

View Profile
History
Profile foto feedback..
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 08:32 AM

Okay Ladies,

Over on Christian Mingle, I've struck out 100%. Most of the ladies I try and contact don't even read through my profile. Then I started to wonder what I was doing wrong (and of course, I realize, maybe I'm not doing anything wrong, I'm just striking out).

But CM is very, very picky about what photos you can use for your profile photo, and the one I just uploaded (which is temporarily my main profile photo so you can see it and PLEASE give me feedback) is the main one I had over there.

If you saw a photo of a guy like that, what does that photo say to you? A picture is worth a thousand words. so what does that picture tell you of me? Right or wrong - I'm after impressions, not what reality is. I guess I'm trying to find out if it conveys reality or not, if it's a turn-off photo, if so, why, etc...

p.s. I like brutal honesty. Say it like you see it. I'm not going to explain the photo, cause that would taint first impressions.

Hey thanks eh!

Ian

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Profile foto feedback..
Posted : 13 Jun, 2009 09:35 AM

Welcome, Ian, and thank you. You make the forums feel a lot more light-hearted and friendly, which is another thing to point out about your pictures, all of them.

Take care.

ian777

View Profile
History
Profile foto feedback..
Posted : 15 Jun, 2009 03:08 PM

Haha! Alex - ahhh you crack me up.

Hey tigers - I agree, this site rocks. It took me over a week of trying to email ladies on CM before I found out... they couldn't read'em! Arrrggh! Very frustrating.

I just wish this site had the traffic CM did.

Then again, when I did email ladies that could email me back, they weren't emailing back anyway (grin>

Thanks again everyone,

Ian

Julia

View Profile
History
Profile foto feedback..
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 01:17 PM

ummmmm ok looks like it sweater was something about work or play, but I think work from the look of you. And you look like you like to golf. Other than that I get nothing lol, no esp here lol. And I think on CM is one to the hardest places to meet anyone and most over there don't seem like true Christian, but that might be what I found.

ian777

View Profile
History
Profile foto feedback..
Posted : 16 Jun, 2009 03:17 PM

Haha! Ya, my mental telepathy skills are horrible once I get about ten feet away from the person - it doesn't work over the internet either. :ROFL:

Thanks for the input Jill; I appreciate it. Man - that was one of my nicer sweaters too; I was just trying to get rid of the "Let's dress up for the safari and go to Chuckie cheese to play video games for a date" look. While I like golf, I only played it once in my life - when I was 16. I've had friends tell me I should get out and golf - maybe there's an "aura" I'm unaware of and I'm a golfer trapped inside this body trying to escape...

CM was the first "dating" site I got onto - talk about baptism by fire. I agree, it is very difficult to meet someone there. I made a lot of mistakes when I first got on there, and of course, they were all with ladies I was very interested in... (sigh)

I really like CDFF - just wish it had the reliable traffic that some of the other sites have.

Ian

1LovelyItaliana

View Profile
History
Profile foto feedback..
Posted : 1 Jul, 2009 09:18 AM

Well where's the toothy smile?! :) I love them and you're not giving it. It makes you look older than you are- so smile, silly! Also, I really really think you should put the rock/mountain climbing picture up. It's more interesting and shows more of who you are for the women to see right off the bat from before they see your profile. If you still don't do well, try dressing up some and ask a friend that's good with pictures to take a photo shoot of you doing stuff you enjoy and just plain pics of you too- ladies like variety.

Hope this helps! :) Blessings in Christ,

xo M

Page : 1 2