Author Thread: scars
Admin

scars
Posted : 8 Jun, 2009 12:10 PM

if a man had pretty good sized scars would that bother you and make you not see them? thanks ole cattle

View Profile
History
scars
Posted : 8 Jun, 2009 12:40 PM

Cattleman,

It would not matter to me, a godly man is beautiful scars and all.

Blessings, Lydia

tristan07

View Profile
History
scars
Posted : 8 Jun, 2009 03:40 PM

Did ya take a gun to a knife fight? J/k

View Profile
History
scars
Posted : 8 Jun, 2009 04:01 PM

dear tristan, lol you might could say that hehe

ole cattle

Linnie41

View Profile
History
scars
Posted : 8 Jun, 2009 10:06 PM

Years ago, I dated a guy with one arm. We had become good friends before starting to date and although I obviously knew his right arm was missing, I didn't notice it. (It was taken off during a farm accident with a thresher when he was 7 years old)

He taught me a lot about people - about overcoming, about living life with whatever you're "dealt," and about being careful not to judge people by their appearance.

Scars on the outside are usually much easier to deal with than scars on the inside.

Wouldn't bother me a bit.

Blessings,

Lynn

ian777

View Profile
History
scars
Posted : 9 Jun, 2009 06:17 AM

Now that's a profound point Lynne.

Ian

Shunammite

View Profile
History
scars
Posted : 9 Jun, 2009 04:08 PM

Personally, I have learned much about life from friends with "scars" - Mostly emotional scars, but one with a physical handicap. They seem to have a spiritual perspective on life that indicates that their situation has pushed them to drink from the very depths of Christ's love and wisdom. I love that and learn a ton from it. I learned about TRUE forgiveness from one such friend, and COMPASSION from another.

So, if a man had pretty good sized scars, would that bother me and make me not see them? I guess not.

Ladies (men too!) if you feel otherwise, would you REALLY give up a heart of gold for a face of gold? If yes, hmmm! May I gently challenge you to reconsider your readiness for relationship?. What if s/he became maimed after marriage?

heh heh :-)

View Profile
History
scars
Posted : 9 Jun, 2009 04:38 PM

dear folks, linnie very good point. i dated a lady who only had one arm also for awhile.. a dumptruck turned over on it and she lost it young. but it just amazed me at what she could do.. with one hand and her feet and toes.. i never complain much after seeing that.. and shuna you make a good point also suppose summin happened to them after marriage.. very true, to me though thatd be a little different as youd already be done had your love cemented by then..

ole cattle

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
scars
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 12:27 PM

I'd have to say that scars can be attractive to some people, depending on the scar itself. In any case, it's a matter of opinion, but I wouldn't consider it a reason to avoid a relationship.

View Profile
History
scars
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 05:02 PM

deat phoe, nice girl

ole cattle

View Profile
History
scars
Posted : 18 Jun, 2009 06:33 PM

I am assuming you mean physical scars....My deceased husband had a huge one across his chest from the Vietnam war era....(before I married him)...I never noticed it...! It was a part of him with a story and oh how I love a good story! :) Robin

Page : 1 2