Author Thread: would you ask?...
Admin

would you ask?...
Posted : 9 Jun, 2009 04:40 PM

dear ladies , would you ask a guy out you just ran across in a store?

thanks ole cattle

Shunammite

View Profile
History
would you ask?...
Posted : 9 Jun, 2009 05:50 PM

ole cattleman, well, here comes into play, my old school views on man/woman.

"would you ask a guy out". Nope, period! Even if I hadnt just met him across the store :-)

Sorry, no pride intended, but mennnnn, a man's got to do the fishing and not vice versa! I am infact, just warming up to the idea of initiating simple e-contact.

:rolleyes:

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
would you ask?...
Posted : 9 Jun, 2009 06:16 PM

No, I would not ever do that.

I'm just way too shy :excited:

View Profile
History
would you ask?...
Posted : 9 Jun, 2009 07:14 PM

yea, i would have to say no i wouldn't do that. i'm too shy of a person.

View Profile
History
would you ask?...
Posted : 9 Jun, 2009 07:50 PM

dear folks, ahhh so far we have too shy ladies and one ole fashioned lady . nice ..thanks yawl..

ole cattle

Linnie41

View Profile
History
would you ask?...
Posted : 10 Jun, 2009 01:12 AM

Well, kind of. I'm assuming you're talking about if we had conversed for a few moments by the Pop-Tart section would I ask him out for a cup of coffee. Not exactly. But I would invite him to church. I don't run around thumping people on the head with my Bible, but I certainly let it be known right away that I go to church and I think God is way cool. :)

But then again, I invite everyone to church. My mechanic has come, a few Mormons, a lot of my daughter's friends, and most of my neighbors.

It's a great way to not only see where someone stands with God but to get them into a church if they don't already belong to one. It's not a date - it's an invitation. And it keeps everything on the "up and up."

And by the way - this isn't done flirtatiously - it's done out of friendliness and genuine desire to see someone get to know God better. If I get to know them better in the process, so be it. :)

View Profile
History
would you ask?...
Posted : 10 Jun, 2009 03:37 AM

That's a very good way in doing that Lynnie! I've never really thought about going about it like that even though I have friends who do something kind of like that. I never really notice until I actually thought about it for a minute. Although, I still think I'd be shy, but something can always be a good idea.

ian777

View Profile
History
would you ask?...
Posted : 10 Jun, 2009 06:47 AM

Linnie - we can't give "two thumbs up" on posts here, so I'll just type it:

"Two thumbs up" to your post!

Ian

pbutter

View Profile
History
would you ask?...
Posted : 10 Jun, 2009 11:39 PM

i would definately not..cause i would think they would think less of me, but at the same time there is the possibility of being rejected..in your face kind of thing!!so i would be scared..but i think,it depends with the type of approach..like i would be more keen on a guy if they tired like helping me,like "let me get that for you"..then you can go around and ask questions as compared to a guy that comes up from no where...hope it helps:glow:

View Profile
History
would you ask?...
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 05:44 AM

dear folks, thanks yawl, this is very interisting to me.

ole cattle

slj3_1

View Profile
History
would you ask?...
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 08:03 AM

Hey ole cattle

I haven't posted much yet, but this is interesting to me.

First, I would never ask a guy out,,,ever. Not that I'm shy, just old school.

Second, I have to agree with Linnie. She is right on about telling people about God and inviting to church.

I believe that when you strike up a conversation with someone (man or woman) it is a devine connection. God places people in our lives for His purpose.

On a personal note, that's pretty much how I met my late husband.

Page : 1 2