Author Thread: Profile foto feedback..
ian777

View Profile
History
Profile foto feedback..
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 08:32 AM

Okay Ladies,

Over on Christian Mingle, I've struck out 100%. Most of the ladies I try and contact don't even read through my profile. Then I started to wonder what I was doing wrong (and of course, I realize, maybe I'm not doing anything wrong, I'm just striking out).

But CM is very, very picky about what photos you can use for your profile photo, and the one I just uploaded (which is temporarily my main profile photo so you can see it and PLEASE give me feedback) is the main one I had over there.

If you saw a photo of a guy like that, what does that photo say to you? A picture is worth a thousand words. so what does that picture tell you of me? Right or wrong - I'm after impressions, not what reality is. I guess I'm trying to find out if it conveys reality or not, if it's a turn-off photo, if so, why, etc...

p.s. I like brutal honesty. Say it like you see it. I'm not going to explain the photo, cause that would taint first impressions.

Hey thanks eh!

Ian

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Profile foto feedback..
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 01:07 PM

Okay, well, it seems unreal, or at least compared to your other pictures. I thought your picture with you on stage showed more of your personality and that the clothing is all you, not some sort of costume. The only thing with it is that it feels like I'm merely an observer that can't contact you because you are focused on others instead of the camera. If you could have the main photo you are using now with your interests about or with you like on that stage photo, I think that would incorporate all of those good qualities and make you stand out, not just for your hobbies/job, but because it gives a flash of color.

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Profile foto feedback..
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 01:32 PM

Alright, brutal honesty - the picture would be "no way" to me. It's the hat, Ian. It looks like you're playing dress up to go on an imaginary African safari. I would be terrified that you would show up at my house wearing that hat and insist on taking me to Chucky Cheese cause you like the video games. A cowboy hat wouldn't be bad, but this one has strings hanging down on the side. Plus, I always wonder what a guy is trying to hide when he has pictures of himself wearing any type of hat. And don't get me wrong, I don't care if someone is balding - it's just nice to know if they are bald, do a great big "comb over" or have a bright red mohawk under there. Personally, I liked the hiking picture of you. You're smiling and relaxed. Ask someone to take a few pictures of you while you're sitting around with friends having fun and . (I know, I know, I need to take my own advice. Lol)

You're cool, though - I do know that for sure!!

Blessings!

Lynn

ian777

View Profile
History
Profile foto feedback..
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 02:15 PM

LOL!

Thanks a lot ladies - ya, y'know - I was kinda suspicious of that photo; it's okay for promo and stuff, but I didn't like it.

Thanks for the invaluable feedback - and a good laugh as always.

Ian

p.s. - I aint neva been to Chucky Cheese's

ian777

View Profile
History
Profile foto feedback..
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 02:36 PM

...and to think - I wasn't wearing my pink sunglasses either...

I guess that would've been a deal breaker too, huh?

Ian

ian777

View Profile
History
Profile foto feedback..
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 05:23 PM

Okay ladies, one more time (sorry to pester, but who else am I going to ask? What on earth would my male roommates know?)

I just uploaded three photos I just took - one mid shot in colour and in black and white (the artsy in my coming out) and a close-up.

Are those three alright, and which one would you say is the best one for a main profile photo - thinking that I would only be allowed one photo.

Again, thanks for your invaluable insight and patience - I really appreciate the brutal honesty.

Ian

ayngrady

View Profile
History
Profile foto feedback..
Posted : 11 Jun, 2009 07:17 PM

i dont like the safari one, but i like the one on the mountain. k.ayn

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
Profile foto feedback..
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 01:11 PM

The three new mountain climbing pictures look awesome! The one where you are crouching looks like a good main photo since it is just the right distance. The only part that might not be appreciated would be the shadow over your face and then I would say go to headshot with the scenery behind you, but I seriously doubt a little shadow would ruin the first enough to have the website say it's not good enough. I do like how both of those provide room for the "Christian Dating FOR FREE" logo to be out of the way.

ian777

View Profile
History
Profile foto feedback..
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 01:49 PM

Many spaseebas (that's russian you know!)

By the way - I meant to say "Thanks Phoenyx" for your comments yesterday; you gave some insight from different angles I wasn't expecting, nor had thought of.

By the way - I already removed the photos from here :-( I got my answers already, so I pulled them and put up a wack of others - but thanks for the feedback. It really was invaluable.

Ian

tristan07

View Profile
History
Profile foto feedback..
Posted : 12 Jun, 2009 07:57 PM

well I think yer cute in all of em, lol :applause:

Lvstigers

View Profile
History
Profile foto feedback..
Posted : 13 Jun, 2009 02:41 AM

Something else to think about Ian, I am also on CM but I'm not paying, therefore, I can't respond to mails on CM. Well I can smile but that's about it. I can't afford to pay. I think this free site is awesome!

Just a thought. :)

Page : 1 2