Author Thread: Why does the bible say the two shall become one flesh?
BlessedBenny

View Profile
History
Why does the bible say the two shall become one flesh?
Posted : 26 Dec, 2016 01:37 PM

◄ Mark 10:8 ►

New International Version

and the two will become one flesh.' So they are no longer two, but one flesh.

Why does the scripture say the two shall become one flesh and not one spirit or one soul?

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Dec, 2016 03:03 PM

Have you ever seen love bugs? At one point they are completely inseparable. They become one flesh. By the way, the Bible has a lot of other more incredible things. For example, why did Jesus say that we must eat his flesh and drink his blood and thus become one with him. How can somebody become one with Jesus by simply eating a piece of bread and drinking a cup of red wine or grape juice? I find that more fascinating or incredible. Can you answer that question for me?

God_is_my_Father

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Jan, 2017 07:44 PM

The Holy Bible is not an exhaustive "Shell Answer Man" manual. It is God's summary of His dealings with man. He and His words are full of mystery and incomplete information on a great variety of subjects. That God stated that a man and a woman become one flesh is a truth, because God told us it is so.

Why He told us this, with limited understanding of it, is consistent with the concept of progressive revelation. He doesn't mean for us to know or understand everything now. He says we see dimly now.

He does mean for us to accept it, and not do things which would oppose the picture of the relationship Christ has with His bride, the church. Christ's relationship is an exclusive covenant relationship.

Christ doesn't keep firing brides because they fail to meet His expectations. He has accepted the responsibility of purifying His one bride for all time. So it should be with man.

H3368

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jul, 2017 10:22 PM

Check this out:

http://www.rooshv.com/a-womans-body-may-incorporate-dna-from-the-semen-of-casual-sex-partners