Author Thread: Me Time
Admin

Me Time
Posted : 9 Feb, 2010 11:20 AM

Accoording to this one study (if i could remember which one it was, or if i wasn't too lazy to look it up, then i'd say :rolleyes:) the number 1 thing that successful couples do to keep their marriage healthy is each having an outside hobby they love doing and each giving the other time to pursue it. Thoughts?

View Profile
History
Me Time
Posted : 9 Feb, 2010 12:17 PM

Totally agree...Everyone needs Me, Quite an Alone time...

Example some guys love golf an its there way of hangin out with the Dude pack...or...maybe jus bein alone with GOD...

I my self go fishin, hikin an campin alone....mostly cuz no one round me enjoys it like I do. Always bring a camera cuz I like ta photograph nature jus as it is...thats my hobby...its also most importantly time alone with GOD...xo

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Me Time
Posted : 9 Feb, 2010 12:23 PM

Sounds healthy enough, it's also probably a good idea to have another hobby that you both would enjoy.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Me Time
Posted : 9 Feb, 2010 02:29 PM

Mark - Yup ! it would be real nice to have somethin both enjoy an look forward to doin tagether...of course my personal fav is fishin...so i'd be more than happy ta share an tell all bout it ifin the Man was interested. Nothin is better ta me than chil-laxin next to a river, lake or ocean enjoyin nature...esp with someone ya enjoy bein with...

I'd also be more than willin ta expierance somethin he enjoys an is willin to share an tell bout...ya jus never know if ya might learn an like somethin ya never done thought bout afore...Anywho...enuf babblin from me...yall hava a great evenin....xo

View Profile
History
Me Time
Posted : 9 Feb, 2010 02:30 PM

P.S. correction...nothin better than hangin out with Jesus* then fishin...LOL...xo

View Profile
History
Me Time
Posted : 9 Feb, 2010 07:17 PM

Well I don't know if it is #1, but I think it is an excellent way to keep a balanced relationship. And you also need to have hobbies you like to do together. Balance is key in any relationship.

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Me Time
Posted : 9 Feb, 2010 07:48 PM

As the others have said sort of, it brings the right kind of balance in the relationship when you both have things you like to do individually. It also can keep the interest alive because you have new things you can share with the other. It's apart of the staying together for life factor. We learn not to be so "clingy" and dependent on the other person for "everything"... i.e. making us totally happy to where you can't survive alone without the other person.

"Me time" for me, means everything. God gave us all a purpose for this life existence, and that includes building up His kingdom, which cannot be done in isolation in a coupled intimate relationship alone.

I love to bowl, read, listeninig to music, doing nothing (which I don't get to do too often), learning new technology... shoot-- so many things I like to do and try that I can do by myself. Not to mention my quiet time with God to learn more about Him, and prayer of course. Well, with all that, I then have something interesting to share with that special person in my life, as he will also get to share with me all the things he's been into when we're not together. I think, or hope, we'd both then be energized in each other the more, in just knowing we could survive without the other comfortably, and come back together that much secure in our relationship. Then we get the chance to bond together, as "our time". We're both happy!! AND not feeling deprived of our special "me time". Some may call my thoughts wishful thinking! That would be the "perfect" kind of relationship for me.

Thanks for the post Remp! :applause: ~ GraceMae

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Me Time
Posted : 10 Feb, 2010 06:33 AM

I don't know that I would agree that it's the #1 reason, but I do think that individual hobbies/activities are important.

Assume that I were married... Now, what if I had no interests other than my husband? I would be bored out of my mind anytime my husband were not around to keep me entertained! It would be the same for him if he had no interests other than me.

I think that is it very important, though, to have hobbies, interests, and activities that both husband and wife can enjoy.

It's all about balance!

View Profile
History
Me Time
Posted : 10 Feb, 2010 09:24 AM

My hobby is railroading.I like mode trains and takin gpics of trains.

That is my me time.Dennis

View Profile
History
Me Time
Posted : 10 Feb, 2010 07:55 PM

railroading? you mean playing politics and using your power to make people choose between a rock and a hard place? jk'ing :laugh:

View Profile
History
Me Time
Posted : 10 Feb, 2010 08:40 PM

i don't know about you gals, but us guys are easily distracted and like to wander and meander to and fro, and if you can get that to work for you you've got it made. think of those old family circus cartoons where jeffy has to do something simple and between point 'a' and point 'b' does like a billion things. replace jeffy with 'typical guy' and 'typical guy stuff' then at the end he says 'hey it's you!' or ' hey! 'member me?' lol.

Page : 1 2