Author Thread: Image of God
Admin

Image of God
Posted : 27 Aug, 2008 04:15 PM

My boss came in today and asked " what do you think the image of God is..." we all just kind of looked around...and of course, thought lliterally...She said her pastor preached on "The Image of God is the Breath of Life Within Us!" I had posted a response, earlier, to Deborah's question about what did Jesus look like and couldn't quite get there....Now I know why...It makes sense to me...If God is the breath of life within us, then that is why I have such a hard time seeing His face. (in my mind) Oh, but one of these days it will be worth the surprise...!:applause:

What are your views..

Robin

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Image of God
Posted : 27 Aug, 2008 05:22 PM

I believe "GOD's image" can be found in the faces, especially, the eyes of those who love and serve HIM.

Genesis 1:27 (New King James Version)

New King James Version (NKJV)

Copyright � 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

Blessings,

:prayingf:

:peace:

Susan

View Profile
History
Image of God
Posted : 28 Aug, 2008 05:10 AM

I think God`s image has more to do with character than with looks. He made us in his image because he wants us to mirror His character.

Among his many attributes, God is Love and Love is defined in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a it says

Love is patient. Love is kind. Love does not envy.....

Therefore if God is Love, then we as the image of God should show those characteristics of Love in our actions and lifestyle. So we should be patient. We should be kind.We should not envy......

God Bless

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Image of God
Posted : 28 Aug, 2008 06:38 AM

Jman,

Thanks for pointing out my comment sounding like "looks" I meant it to be more along the lines of countenances which can express life,love, mercy, grace, and the like (attributes of GOD).

I was also referring to the eyes as windows of the soul, those who are filled with the spirit and presence of GOD. There is something which can be seen in the eyes.

Susan

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Image of God
Posted : 28 Aug, 2008 08:17 AM

Image of God.

When I think about that . I always think that since we were created in his image. We can do stuff he can do but in a lower perspective. Like create stuff, heal people, kill people, and maybe create other beings.

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Image of God
Posted : 28 Aug, 2008 03:08 PM

Colossians 1: 13Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

15Who is the,(( image of the invisible God)), the firstborn of every creature:

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

19For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

It has long been said that in colossians and in the Earth Jesus is the expressed image of God.

In him dwelt the fullness of the God head bodily

He is the very image of God,,,, Bruce.

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Image of God
Posted : 28 Aug, 2008 03:08 PM

Colossians 1: 13Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

15Who is the,(( image of the invisible God)), the firstborn of every creature:

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

19For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

It has long been said that in colossians and in the Earth Jesus is the expressed image of God.

In him dwelt the fullness of the God head bodily

He is the very image of God,,,, Bruce.

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Image of God
Posted : 28 Aug, 2008 03:19 PM

2 Corinthians 4:

3But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of ((Christ, who is the image of God)), should shine unto them.

Hebrews 1:

1God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made :peace:

3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person,

the best thing is that as we have borne the image of this earthly we shall also bare the image of the heavenly,,, praise his wonderful name,,,,

,,,,, Bruce,,,,,, :peace:,, o,,u,,t,,!!

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Image of God
Posted : 28 Aug, 2008 03:19 PM

2 Corinthians 4:

3But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of ((Christ, who is the image of God)), should shine unto them.

Hebrews 1:

1God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made :peace:

3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person,

the best thing is that as we have borne the image of this earthly we shall also bare the image of the heavenly,,, praise his wonderful name,,,,

,,,,, Bruce,,,,,, :peace:,, o,,u,,t,,!!

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Image of God
Posted : 28 Aug, 2008 03:25 PM

sorry,,, somehow i wasnt able to see it had been posted,,, go figure,,,, :rolleyes::rolleyes::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

SORRY,,,,Bruce,,,,

SusieQ8

View Profile
History
Image of God
Posted : 28 Aug, 2008 04:35 PM

Doubles in scripture can be very good, such as: double anointing and double honor.

Perhaps, we need to read these 2X for impact?

:prayingf:

Blessings,

Susan