Author Thread: I just don't get it...
Admin

I just don't get it...
Posted : 6 Nov, 2011 02:09 PM

So I've been on this site for a while and haven't had many leads. It's frustrating. Not many men on here catch my attention but when they do they never respond. Or if they respond, it gets cut short. >:(

Two examples:

There was this one guy who caught my eye so I winked (or said hi...I can't remember.) he messages me back saying girls as pretty as me don't get ahold of him often, he asked me a couple questions in the same message as well. I responded to him...and he still hasn't even read my message.

There was this other guy that really caught my eye. I saw him and instantly fet a sort of connection (like I said, this is rare for me.) I couldn't believe when he messaged me back, I was actually quite excited! Lol said he felt we had alot in common and asked me some questions. I responded. He read it and didn't respond. Until the next day and asked some more questions. I responded. He didn't. >:( after two days of not getting back to me I was frustrated and checked his page. It said that he was no longer a member of this site!!!!!! What the heck :(

Is this bad luck? Does God maybe not want me on this site? Should I keep on truckin'? I would love the feed back!

View Profile
History
I just don't get it...
Posted : 6 Nov, 2011 03:59 PM

It does not sound like bad luck --- it sounds normal for an online dating site.

Hang in there! Be true and don't give up! Just keep praying and seeking God's leading.

View Profile
History
I just don't get it...
Posted : 6 Nov, 2011 11:16 PM

I thought maybe it was just me being outside of the States (in Germany) that was keeping me from getting many contacts. I know this doesn't help you, but it's nice to know that someone in the States (I assume that's where you are) doesn't find a lot of men she's interested in. Of course, maybe you get a lot of e-mails since you are in the States, but just don't find many you want to write to. Well, I hope you will eventually find someone, be it here or somewhere else. God bless!

rhead81

View Profile
History
I just don't get it...
Posted : 8 Nov, 2011 05:07 PM

@daniigurl: It is a common experience here on dating site. Some men which you might be interested in aren't really looking for the same thing as you do or at this moment they might have someone else interested in already. Their preferences might be different from yours etc... lots of things to consider actually. Just keep it going! Dating site really needs a lot of hard work.. :glow:

View Profile
History
I just don't get it...
Posted : 11 Nov, 2011 07:23 PM

Thanks ladies :) I was just a lil discouraged...

View Profile
History
I just don't get it...
Posted : 13 Nov, 2011 08:02 PM

Honestly Dani, that will happen a lot on online dating websites.

I don't have much faith in the ability to spark up some love interest online with anyone, I'm really just on here to try to meet some pretty cool people. And if I counted how many times a woman just read my message and discarded it assuming I'm looking for a quick relationship, well that count got pretty high.

I checked out your profile though, just to take a look and you honestly look like a really fun gal to hang around with. The pictures are so...warm. Ya know? You look like you bounce around a lot, with a lot of activity and things going on in your life and that makes you a very unique person with an interesting story to tell. I mean...you play instruments, you work at a nursing home, your interests are pretty dang varied. :)

View Profile
History
I just don't get it...
Posted : 16 Nov, 2011 10:35 PM

Aww...thank you. That was very encouraging :)

EverythingMe

View Profile
History
I just don't get it...
Posted : 27 Nov, 2011 10:32 AM

I experienced the same as all of you and it does get to the point where it's discouraging. When i write someone and they 1) read 2) look at my profile 3) never hear ; I start to wonder, okay am i ugly or something? do i come across wrong? i mean i write the most gentleman-esque messages ever and to no avail i get the cold shoulder.

You shouldn't give up though, you seem like a truly awesome person so you'll find your interest. I'd started to lose a we-bit of hope but this thread made me see maybe we're all just awesome catches no one takes a chance on until we're off the market with someone wonderful :peace: stay strong guys/gals

View Profile
History
I just don't get it...
Posted : 6 Dec, 2011 09:45 PM

Sooooo tru!!! You kno, the other day I got to thinkin', it's real easy to feel down on yourself when you are rejected and start thinking you aren't worthy of what you desire...honestly the majority of Ppl who contact me are ppl I am absolutely not attracted to in the slightest. And the majority of the time the Ppl I think are attractive never respond! It gets you wondering sometimes "what's that say about me?!" but truth is there is someone out there God has for all of us...Coz He is the giver of GOOD gifts. And as cliche as it sounds...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are guys I think are SMOKIN' hot and my friends are all like "ewwww..." and they will point out a guy they think is gorgeous and I'll be like "ummm...no." so yeah...we are all beautiful Ppl :) not everyone will be able to see that...and that's okay :) but I believe we are attracted to certain things for a reason. And that is what I believe will draw us (eventually) to the one God has for us.

View Profile
History
I just don't get it...
Posted : 15 Feb, 2012 08:03 PM

I feel the same way. I never get responses from my emails I send. Emails that I do get from guys are from ones I'm not interested in. Seriously!!! I can't catch a break. I even asked a nice guy out I work with, and he told me he had to think about it. I get very discourage sometimes. I want to think, "What is wrong with me?", but I should be thinking, "What is wrong with these guys? Don't they know a good thing when they see it?" LOL.

KyleKowalevicz

View Profile
History
I just don't get it...
Posted : 8 Mar, 2012 12:15 PM

well, the best I can say is, just keep praying.. sooner or later god will bring you a nice god..

trust me, I've had a few girls like that as well ^^;

Page : 1 2