Author Thread: Dating a married person that is separated and or in process of divorce.... need opinions on this subject. Honest responses please.
Admin

Dating a married person that is separated and or in process of divorce.... need opinions on this subject. Honest responses please.
Posted : 25 Feb, 2009 06:15 PM

I just need to know what other peoples opinion on this subject is. I personally am legally still married, we are separated and are in the process of a divorce. What are some of your opinions on dating a married man or woman in this situation. If the man or woman says to the other their marriage is over, are your free to start dating? Or do your have to wait until your divorce is final?

View Profile
History
Dating a married person that is separated and or in process of divorce.... need opinions on this subject. Honest responses please.
Posted : 25 Feb, 2009 11:27 PM

Hi!

Well I think you need to pray on this and see how God leads you.

Your personal convictions in subjection to Gods' will should lead you.

For me I have never been married so I can't speak for that part of it. However right now I know you want and need advice so I will inject my two cents with all of the previous said. For me I would view a separated lady as married until legally divorced. I am no biblical scholar but I believe the first mention of divorce was by Moses in the old testament. I don't believe it is elucidated too clearly there but my understanding is marriage is a contract like we have with god. So that is my opinion and it is how I have chosen too conduct myself personally. I pray God leads you to a proper decision. God bless!

Kevin

mlthomas

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Feb, 2009 04:28 AM

You should Wait until your divorce is over and that your heart is truly over your last marriage. My concern is that you do not leaving your PERSONAL PROBLEMS WITH PETER TO ONLY CARRY THEM TO PAUL.

Only you and God know the true motives of your heart and the details of your current marriage so do not think I am passing judgement or saying you are wrong for your question.

Its is only so much advice I can give with the limited information because you and I know its more to it then this that you are asking. So with that in mind do not seek answers that will make you feel good about what you want to do only.IF YOU ARE NOT HEALED IN YOUR SPIRIT, HEART ,AND MIND I WILL TELL YOU TO BE HEALED FIRST BECAUSE SOME MEN PREY ON WEMEN THAT ARE IN SITUATIONS LIKE YOURS AND WITH IT STARTING OFF LIKE THIS YOU DO NOT HAVE A SOLID FOUNDATION THAT THE MAN YOU ARE DATING WILL TRULY HONOR YOU AS A FUTURE WIFE OR ARE HE TELLING YOU ALL THE RIGHT THINGS TO GET NEXT TO YOU SEXUALLY ONLY. BESIDES YOU ARE STILL MARRIED SO HIS COMMITMENT LEVEL TO YOU MIGHT BE ZERO.:buddies:

MIKE

mlthomas

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Feb, 2009 04:36 AM

Correction: My concern is that you ARE NOT taking you Personnal problems from peter and taking them to paul.:bouncy:

mlthomas

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Feb, 2009 04:40 AM

YOUR personal problems.

Sorry so many corrections :ROFL: just could not leave it.

I know PROOF READ FIRST MIKE NOW I TOLD MYSELF :peace:

chozen2b

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Feb, 2009 01:31 PM

I personally believe one should wait until the divorce is final. Until then the individuals are still in a covenant. Even after things are finalized, I think sometime people are too quick to move on to the next relationship, without proper healing. I know I would not knowingly consider dating someone whose status is separated/married.

That's my two cents,

chozen

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Feb, 2009 10:26 PM

Hi there,

For my two cents, being separated but still married iis analogous to being kind of pregnant. Either you are or you aren't.

While I can sympathize and empathize with a desire to move on and put a period of life behind, some things just take time. As long as a person is married, they are in a legal and binding contract. That precludes dating.

From the single persons point of view....I was getting to know a gentleman who miscommunicated that he was separated rather than divorced. It was not a pretty situation when the wife took exception. The gentleman almost lost visitation rights with his daughter because of it...and we were doing nothing that I would have been ashamed to have been seen doing on Sesame Street...completely G rated.

Think through the possible ramifications. Hang in there and God Bless,

Elisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Feb, 2009 04:19 AM

Hi,

You should wait. I just experienced this situation. My marriage was not yet over and it was not something I would not wish on anyone. Not to mention it is wrong in God's eyes. I moved into a relationship because this person was a Christian man and he told me many times that even though it was a sin he believed God knew our hearts, that he brought us together so it must be right. PLease, do not make the same misguided mistake that I did. Nothing good will come of it. If you are in a relationship with someone who is married or not yet divorced what does that really say about what they feel for you? If it is meant to be, they will wait patiently until you are free. I do have to say that I believe divorce is wrong, I did not before, but truly do now. Pray, God will guide you!!

Blessings,

JH

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Feb, 2009 02:17 PM

This is what I did and I waited and still doing it. jk

Time can be a good friend to you if you let it

happybear1

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Feb, 2009 07:12 PM

HI, FIRST ALL A MARRIAGE BONDED BY GOD WHERE TWO ARE UNITED AS ONE. LOOK INTO THE SCRIPTURES. WHEN YOU SEEK EARNESTLY THROUGH THE BIBLE. THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE INDEED YES, INDEED. SOMETIMES LIFE BRINGS THINGS TO TURN TO THE LORD JESUS. MY PRAY IS THAT SEEKING THE LORD IN ALL THINGS AND ALL.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Mar, 2009 07:31 PM

Hi thank you for your opinion. You hit the hammer on the nail. I was talking to someone and they waited until after the fact and decided that they did not want to be involved with a married woman. Even though my profile does say separated. My marriage is over. The only thing is I don't have that piece of paper that says divorce is final. But I appreciate everything you said and you are right. I believe some men prey on women like me, so I have to be very careful who I talk to, because I don't know who I can trust and I am vulnerable.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10