Author Thread: I like a woman so much, but she doesn't know i exist!
Admin

I like a woman so much, but she doesn't know i exist!
Posted : 28 Apr, 2020 08:10 AM

I have a huge crush on a woman who is on this site, but is from South Africa. She is very much, my type! I think she is beautiful, but her account settings is set so she is only looking for a spouse in South Africa, and obviously, I'm not from there. I've not seen where she comes onto the site at all. My heart aches as I've been praying she would notice me. Ah well, such is life. If the Lord allows it. She is white, from South Africa. It sure hurts to be in this situation.

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Apr, 2020 09:49 AM

V

P

N

Just sayin! :)

But if you've never met her before, just be ready for anything. She may not be what you expect.

Chioniso

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Apr, 2020 05:44 AM

Bro Toth, whats V P N?

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Apr, 2020 08:37 AM

Virtual Private Network

If you use one, you ca disguise your location, so it would bypass region restrictions. He could appear to be in the same region as her, so the filter wouldn't block him.

This just masks your location to the server that's filtering, so he could tell her where he's from and explain his situation.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Apr, 2020 08:57 AM

I think that is dishonest and disrespectful. If someone has a boundary in place, that boundary should be respected.

By the way, OP, you don't actually like the woman. You like your idea of who she is, that you have concocted. Move on. Quit obsessing about her. Find someone else. There are lots of other fish in the sea.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Apr, 2020 09:37 AM

I have a name, it's not OP. I do understand my own idea, and the fact that I like her, doesn't equate with knowing her, yes, I have wisdom. Your advice is already known, but thanks for the recap... Still, your quote of plenty of fish in the sea. It's true. But this fish has me drawn. I have prayed to God, and maybe God will make a way. He is a God who has done miracles in my life. Then as well, this lady's no reply may be the answer, as she has a requirement setting for a reason.

It's good to check to see if obsessiveness is that, and seeking God and His Kingdom first, so that advice is noted. I open myself up to opinions by publicly saying it, so I cannot do much but take it into consideration, your comments. Kindly though, sometimes advice sucks because it's already heeded and you can come across as presuming, just saying... Advice formed in a question sometimes works better, gets the reader to think whether they are in a particular frame of mind, context, attitude, et al... It doesn't come across as "do this" "you are this" etc.

I did glean the obsessive part, so I valued part of your advice. Take care, young (un).

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Apr, 2020 09:47 AM

Hi Toth, thanks for the advice. My 2nd last reply was to Country Ivy, so you know, concerning his advice for me.

Thanks again for writing... Zeetozee

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Apr, 2020 09:58 AM

Yes, for sure. I hear you. This lady has never been on her profile site (that I know of) since I found out about her a little over a week ago. Sigh... If my heart hurts like this and I don't even know her?! I have to guard my heart better, I guess.

I am praying God would allow her to connect with me and even if she said, "Zee, I'd sooner watch paint dry, then go out with you," I'd know my place! Then, a bit easier to move on. I"m still praying. VPN, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer with computers. I pray. Thanks for conversing. I hope your lockdown is not too severe where you're from. Here in Ottawa, the talk is it will be lifted in increments, starting end of May. Blessings!

T0TH3M4X

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Apr, 2020 11:33 AM

I wouldn't say it's dishonest if you are upfront and tell someone.

"Hey, I'm interested, but live in another region. I would like to get to know you if possible, but if that's not okay I will understand."

That's not disrespectful. It's to the point, acknowledges her boundaries up front, and puts the ball in her court. Who knows, maybe she'll want to get to know him and appreciate he took some initiative to at least try. If she's not interested, he can politely tip his hat and walk away knowing he at least tried.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 May, 2020 12:07 AM

Why not tip his hat and walk away now?

alekk3

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 May, 2020 04:42 AM

"I have a huge crush on a woman who is on this site, but is from South Africa. She is very much, my type! I think she is beautiful, but her account settings is set so she is only looking for a spouse in South Africa, and obviously, I'm not from there. I've not seen where she comes onto the site at all. My heart aches as I've been praying she would notice me. Ah well, such is life. If the Lord allows it. She is white, from South Africa. It sure hurts to be in this situation."

First of all, there is no way that she'll be able to notice you if she has "restrictions" on her settings. There is no harm in having a "crush" on a person. However, you have never communicated with her so she has no idea that you "exist" or that you have feeling for her. If you know her username, maybe you can try to reach out to her, but I doubt she'll notice. You probably have to move on.

Page : 1 2 3