Author Thread: Have you ever been bored on a date?
PEM4

View Profile
History
Have you ever been bored on a date?
Posted : 2 Mar, 2010 09:14 AM

I am not sure what happen but the conversation and communication were wonderful before the date. I guess we should have just stay online and not gone on the date, because I was bore stiff!!!

I have sit in long seminars and meeting but this date took the cake.

I felt that way from the moment I saw the young man. He was much older that his pictures online and shorter that he claimed. Why do people LIE!!!!!!

Don't they know reality check comes when you have to stand face to face before that person?

I was sweet about it and sat through the entire date but in my heart there was NO Way I would Ever see this guy again.

People need to realised that they need to accept themselves for who they are and not for a movie star or a fantasy character. I am who I am and if someone can't accept me that way, thats fine by me. Jesus loves me, friends and family love me, I love me and when I meet that man that God has for me we will love each other.

lying in ones profile is Wrong and will just let you loose your opportunity to meet that special person. Please stop it...

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2010 11:36 AM

dear pem,,, nope never been bored on a date.. i have fun whatever im doin or wherever i am.. well cept i never been to the opera yet.. so not sure bout that one hehe..

as for the other,, i wouldnt of went on the date.. id just told em soons we met you lied to me .. the trust is gone.. and id leave.

ole cattle

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2010 12:10 PM

I've only dated one person, but our first date was far from boring. We met online. The online communication was great, so we talked on the phone. That went well, so we met in person. That went well too, so we are still dating! He didn't lie about his age or height. He had chosen recent pictures to put online, and he looked exactly like I expected him to look...well, ok, he looked better than I expected!

Cattleman, guess what? I recently went to the opera on a date...and it was fun! Lots of fun! 'Course, he and I have similar tastes in music, and we were able to enjoy it together.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2010 02:14 PM

dear b c ,,, aww its great you are expandin your horizons.. i just reconed them folks may not take too kindly to a feller that when summin is done good on stage he may just let go a good ole rebel yell or a yeee hawwwww hehehe

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2010 08:25 PM

Yeah, it would be wonderful if everyone accepted themselves as they are and disregarded any rejection. But people don't. He may have thought he could charm once there on the date, he just had to get you there. You did better than me, I would have most definitely called him out on it. I don't take deception well in any form.

Unfortunately, our discernment must be keen. And I acknowledge God in all my ways and ask Him should I go or not. God and I roll like that. :laugh: And I wait for Him to show or tell me.

But to answer the question, I have never been on a boring date. A bad blind date but that is a story for another forum...

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Mar, 2010 09:39 PM

Yes. It was terrible but thankfully we met for dinner and when it was over I pulled the "OMG look at the time!!" routine and went home. I would have stayed but the restaurant didn't have enough wine to make it worthwhile.

Thunder

PEM4

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2010 03:16 PM

Hi Cattle, I think I was just too taken back that someone who have the nerve to pull that stunt. I think I fell into an observer and more of analyzer mode rather than my action mode...lol. I hope the Good Lord do not allow this kind of testing anymore...:boxing:..hahha

PEM4

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2010 03:20 PM

That is wonderful.

PEM4

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2010 03:37 PM

Say 1babygirl, that great to pray before going on a day. I am not sure what happen that day.You are right everyone wondered why I did not call him on his behavior. I was too doing too much processing by thought instead of reacting.. One that got away. Well even though I was sweet, I was distracted so that teaches him to lie.. :applause::ROFL:

PEM4

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2010 03:43 PM

Good excuse ThungerofGod. The nice thing about this situation is that no matter how are he tries to be nice it became arkward because I was very business like and proper.. :applause: :yay:

Thanks guys

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Mar, 2010 06:14 PM

No, I can't remember that I was ever bored. I did have a bad experience with a blind date....... but I won't bore you with all the details. Suffice to say the guy was REALLY attached to his mom. And he was trying to break it off with another girl by going out with me. Which I didn't know ahead of time. No more blind dates!

Page : 1 2 3