Author Thread: What to do when a man says he is interested in you, yet says he has another woman coming over to see him from a dating site.
Admin

What to do when a man says he is interested in you, yet says he has another woman coming over to see him from a dating site.
Posted : 20 Mar, 2010 07:46 AM

Yes, I have been emailing and talking on the phone and also over the internet by messenger with a man who said he is really interested in me then finally tells me that he has a woman coming to see him from another site. He assures me I am his only interest and wants me to trust him that she is just a visiting friendship, however why would a woman go to such lengths to see a man she is just friends with. Do I trust him? I hope there are a lot of guys out there who can't give me honest answers. I believe my relationship may hinge on this.

View Profile
History
What to do when a man says he is interested in you, yet says he has another woman coming over to see him from a dating site.
Posted : 20 Mar, 2010 08:35 AM

that's an interesting delima. i would put myself in the other woman's shoes. he is the only constant in that situation. so look at his relationships to gauge him.

asking the question; how would my state of mind would be going 'that far' to visit someone who was 'only a friend?' could give you some insight about how she views him. then you could ask yourself, based upon your interaction with him; does he give me that impression also? hopefully along with some prayer and careful consideration you should be able to make a good decision, God bless.

nyanda :purpleangel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Mar, 2010 08:43 AM

Hello! I'm not a guy, but I'm always full of unasked for advice. :-) If you are child of God, your biggest advantage is the Holy Spirit that leads to all truth. I would pray and never ignore any uneasiness or anything that disturbs my peace. If it was me, I would make sure I'm not judging him based on any past relationships where my trust was damaged. Would also take into consideration that he did not have to tell you at all. I'm going to see a buddy I met here this summer. So it can happen.

IamIsabel

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Mar, 2010 10:00 PM

Justam,

I say no deal. He may be interested in you but also interested in other women.

Why not take this question to the men on the "ask a guy" forum?

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2010 07:54 AM

As a rule I can only handle one woman at a time.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2010 10:40 AM

You all are assuming that he isn't being truthful when he says she is just a friend. It's the old question, can men and women be platonic friends. If you don't believe that they can, then you will assume he's a player. If you believe you can have friends of the opposite sex and you give him the benefit of the doubt, then have a honest conservation about the visit. Tell him you are a point where you are still establishing trust and you are disturbed by the upcoming visit.

I still say that it says something that told you at all. He could have not told you, but he did.

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2010 05:32 PM

dear folks,

isabel your words

I say no deal. He may be interested in you but also interested in other women.

mine here

good words there.

id say hes really not interisted in you ,cept to keep stringin you along.. if he has another woman comin to see him..

id be long gone from him were i you..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2010 05:49 PM

not all of us babygirl....:purpleangel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Mar, 2010 07:48 PM

I would pull in my emotions - guard my heart - keep my options open, and play it out to see just how serious he is. It will be a good learning experience for you.

Online dating can be tricky, however, in any dating situation remember, I Peter 5:8, Be sober and vigilet. It's easy to get drunk on the idea of being with someone and the feelings that that brings. If you are intoxicated you can't think straight, hear straight, see straight, walk straight etc.

As one poster already stated, follow the Holy Spirit. Praying in the Spirit will keep you sober (sound minded).

If you would like to read more about singles dating issues you can go to www.solidfrontworshipcenter.org and point to the page "Single But Not Alone". There are some good eye-opening articles that will help to keep you sound minded.

Blessings

trubeliever70

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Mar, 2010 01:40 PM

I do have to agree with babygirl u can be friends with a guy.

They r right he didnt have to tell u about it, but i think i would have a problem with it especially if i wasnt asked to go along and meet her.

I think i would go with what cattle said and say no very fast and u know his answer is from a guy so it should hold some weight.

In the end it is going to be up to u to decide whether u can trust him or not.....I just dont know. Hope things turn out the way u want them to.

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Mar, 2010 03:58 PM

Danalynn.... yes I read the article "Dumb Daters" ... some things were eye opening and truth! Thanks for sharing the reference.. ~GraceMae

Page : 1 2