Author Thread: Divorce after Adultery
GraceMae

View Profile
History
Divorce after Adultery
Posted : 22 Feb, 2010 10:06 PM

Do you feel adultery warrants divorce? With all the talk in the news recently about politicians, celebrities in the entertainment and sports world, and of course golfers escapades...the stances their spouses have taken, want to know what your views, and thoughts are.

BTW... I think marraige does not say that if adultery occurs, that it is an accceptable reason alone for divorce. I got to dig up my scripture, but just wanted to start the thread. (I did look but didn't see another posted anywhere recently)

~ GraceMae

ServantOfYahweh

View Profile
History
Divorce after Adultery
Posted : 21 Apr, 2010 09:23 PM

Biblical times does not change. The Messiah is THE WORD (John 1-14), He doesnt change !!! The Messiah came and gave the Law its fullest meaning. He said to divorce only for adultry, however the Heavenly Father YAH hates divorce but permitted only for adultry (see Malachi 2:16 and Matthew 5). He allowed adulterers to be stoned (both men and women, but there is no record of a man being stoned for adultry in scripture, however ISRAEL did not know how to keep the law so The Messiah came and gave the law its fullest meaning and said its not the actual act committed but its the thought of the heart- see Mathew 5). I understand where you coming from, but just remember the Most High Never changes (look at the spiritual aspect of the scripture, when one was stoned, it represents being CUT OFF FROM FELLOWSHIP WITH THE HEAVENLY FATHER thats the spiritual aspect sis (we must worship in Spirit and Truth John 4:24).

IMstarting_over

View Profile
History
Divorce after Adultery
Posted : 22 Apr, 2010 06:49 AM

interesting posting....

Ace12, you're not alone. I too tried to make it work after finding out, but he didn't want to try.

I am enjoying reading everyone's thoughts on this.

Page : 1 2