Author Thread: Contraception . . .
Admin

Contraception . . .
Posted : 25 Jun, 2010 12:34 PM

As a Catholic, I believe that artificial contraception is morally unacceptable. There are several reasons why I hold this belief, but I can get to those as time goes by.

My question is: how do most Protestants and evangelicals feel about the issue? In other words, why do you find it acceptable (assuming some of you do - I recognize that not all Protestants practice birth control)?

SOS4EMAILFRIEND

View Profile
History
Contraception . . .
Posted : 13 Jul, 2010 05:48 PM

It is far too egoflattering to suppose that the Roman Catholic Church represents Jesus Christ�s teachings!

In fact, its doctines have some real un-christ teachings and even go fully against the first commandments as expressed by YHWH ELOHIM Himself in Exodus 20 (10 Commandments)

As to contraception, which is the issue of this thread, I think that the bible verse as stated in Genesis 1:28 is just an opportunistic quote.

In verse 29 God clearly says something about the food for humans on this earth! So if you take His word so literally, you explain to me your barbeque hamburger culture!

Contraception within a monogamous marriage is something exclusively between God and the married couple. No church has the right to intervene in its course, as people are not born to fill the churches or become religious.

God has full control of this whole universe and there is not one thing that goes or ungoes without His consent! This is why some birthcontrol simply does not work and this is also why people manage to bear children in the deepest war situation or the unhappiest marriages, even taking both the pill and condoms!

We should consider ourselves so powerful as to go beyond His will! It is not our sperm that makes the world go around but it is His breath of life that is granted by Him and Him only. He giveth and taketh that breath and there is nothing we can do about it, even if we wanted to.

The mystery of life is not the act of sexual intercourse, it is the breath of life.

I am very much against abortion and men cannot interrupt life as it pleases!

But I also laugh about people gloating about birthcontrol, thinking that a human could possibly control life, thinking that a rubber or chemical thing controls the birth!

Everybody who is born, was supposed to be born and nobody gets unborn because of something called birhtcontrol. It is a human desillusion.

Read the bible, the old testament about the Sarai, Rebecca and Lea and Rachel! They could not have babies unless God opened their whomb. This is how it works and may we never forget about it.

View Profile
History
Contraception . . .
Posted : 13 Jul, 2010 05:56 PM

@ sos; More often than not I find myself agreeing with you. I have much respect for the views represented in this post, I must say!

SOS4EMAILFRIEND

View Profile
History
Contraception . . .
Posted : 13 Jul, 2010 06:02 PM

An unfortunate and irritating error occured in my post.

Fhrase "we should consider ourselves so powerful as to go beyond His will"

should read

We should NOT consider ourselves so powerful as to go byond His Will.

Sorry for inconvenience!

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Contraception . . .
Posted : 13 Jul, 2010 07:53 PM

Amen, SOS. I think you managed to expose the doubting of God's power and the hypocrisy of the argument at the same time!

:peace::peace:

sampaul

View Profile
History
Contraception . . .
Posted : 23 Jul, 2010 05:12 AM

is the map morning after pill etc the same as abortion is it a contracetpion is mother teresa of culcutter for it or against it sam

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Contraception . . .
Posted : 23 Jul, 2010 07:44 AM

The morning after pill would be wrong to use in my opinion. It's not a pill to prevent pregnancy, it's a pill to terminate a pregnancy. Big difference.

:peace::peace:

sampaul

View Profile
History
Contraception . . .
Posted : 1 Aug, 2010 05:11 AM

Thank god for babies

View Profile
History
Contraception . . .
Posted : 2 Oct, 2010 08:45 PM

I have read that "The Pill" actually is a micro-abortion. That there is fertilization then it does it's thing. I don't know that to be true and I'll take correction on that.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8