Author Thread: Sex Before Marriage? Not for the Christian!
SJC1985

View Profile
History
Sex Before Marriage? Not for the Christian!
Posted : 23 Aug, 2008 04:11 PM

I have talked with / written to some men who made it pretty clear that their former relationship included sleeping with a person. That totally goes against what God expects a Christian to do!!! These men came from this CDFF site!!! I want a man who, even if married before, to show self-control. God forbid that I allow a man to "take me to bed" as a part of our relationship!! Saving ourselves for the one who God chooses for us is going to help us trust our mates, and they, in turn, will be able to trust us more. It has been proven that if a person is promiscuous before marriage, it will carry over into the marriage.

I may be waiting a long time for God's choice; maybe God is helping me to become stronger in the self-control physical part!

SJC1985 :glow:

Revelation22

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2008 05:09 PM

Jeanette,

You are 100 percent right to wait for a man who also refuses

to have sex before marriage ! The fact that there are some on this site who aren't willing to abide by that really surprises me ! If they know and Love the Lord; it should certainly be

their desire to please Him and His Word clearly tells us it is sin

to commit fornication.

I guess as in every community; there are sincere followers

here; as well as a few counterfits. Hang in there, Jeanette;

God will send you the right one; and he will Love God as much as you do.

Praise God that your Love for Christ outweighs all else.

The Right One will be a Blessed man to have a virtuous woman as yourself !

One man willing to wait;

:rocknroll: revelation22

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2008 05:33 PM

revelation22 is a wise young man.

Jeanette,

Stay true to your convictions; you will be Blessed abundantly !

Proverbs 31:10

Who can find a virtuous woman ? for her price is far above rubies.

God Bless And Strengthen You,

:angel: Deborah

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Aug, 2008 07:05 PM

Marriage and Sex is a covenant between a man and a woman. There is no Godly covenant, otherwise. Please note that I said marriage, first.

There are eagles and there are buzzards...An eagle spots his mate, prepares for his mate, takes care of his mate, stays with his mate, etc...A buzzard just stops by for a moment and calls all his buddies in for the road kill. Those who are not prepared for the whole package need to bulid their nest, elsewhere...Not in the church!

Your fine-feathered friend...Robin:peace:

kidvid711

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2008 07:44 PM

Most people just stay with society. What ever the society does they do it to. They follow everything there heart desires. Good or bad and still isn't satisfied. God rap our hearts with eternity. Forever seeking happiness. and only thing can bring us happiness. Some people just still won't understand and still continue seeking happiness. The wrong happiness that is.

This is the internet, don't be surprise on what type of people are on this site.

txgrimes

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Sep, 2008 11:30 AM

I certainly don't think it's fair to judge others for their past sins, as we all have sinned at some time or another. Having a sexual relationship in one's past certainly does not mean that he/she is not committed to His higher goal.

To reply to your post, I certainly think that now, as a divorced mom, it is more important for me to set a positive example not only to my child, but also to the children who I mentor in the church. My convictions are that I am to remain chaste in my singlehood.

I believe that far too often, especially early in relationships, that we confuse infatuation and emotional connection with love. Sexual intimacy can further confuse us.

Each has his/her own opinion on this topic, with more people leaning towards the more liberal, current side. I guess that means that although there are fewer mates for us chosen celebate Chrisitans, we will have a better pool of candidates to choose from.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Oct, 2008 07:26 AM

I understand all your points on sex before marriage. What I have not seen til today is a bible verse that would say that.

Don't get me wrong, I don't say it woud be a bad thing to wait, but I cannot see the reason for proclaiming it God's will without a word on it in the bible.

God bless you all

De Benny

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2008 06:55 PM

Let me start off by saying, I'm new here, and I'm not trying to make enemies, but only saying what's been laid on my heart to say.

SJC1945, I want you to know that I totally agree with what you're trying to say. Is there a good message in it: absoultely. Should you be applauded for keeping yourself for the man you will marry: without a doubt. Do I agree with the way you said it: not in the least.

I believe that a man should wait for the one God has for him, and vice-versa. But, I am also well aware that people don't exactly share this view. In our society, waiting until marriage has gone from the rule to the very rare exception, which is unfortunate. However, God forgives all. Period.

Yes, there are those on this site who are looking for something other than meaningful relationships. There are those on here who are trying to swindel others out of money. There are predators of all sorts and natures on these sites, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were on here too. The fact of the matter is that these are the risks that we take when we become part of a site like this. And even deeper, aren't those the ones we as Christians should be trying to reach?

Finally, I'm young. I haven't seen alot in my lifetime, but I have seen enough to know that people will follow whereever they feel comfortable. We are all here because we've been hurt in one way or another in the past. Why add to the hurt by telling someone that mistakes in the past don't fit into what is percieved by others as "The Model Christian"?

Like I said, I'm not trying to tell anybody they're wrong. I just felt led to share this. I'll hang up and listen.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Oct, 2008 11:57 AM

As Christians, we are supposed to hold ourselves to a higher standard. One of these is waiting for sex until marriage, unfortunately in our society that rarely happens, and we have a divorce rate of over 50% because of it. We cheapen the joining of a husband and wife by being promiscuous.

But this problem starts way before marriage. This is the fourth Christian singles site I have been on, and every one talks about "chemistry". Be honest, you are talking about physical attraction, and that is the lust of the flesh. You can change the word all you want, but it does not fool God!

If people really wanted to behave like Christians, they would stop trying to deceive themselves and hold on to those old ways. Gal.2:20, the life you live, you live for Christ. Would we really act the way we do if Jesus was beside us? Well, He lives inside Christians, don't you think it is time we acted like it?

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Oct, 2008 05:39 PM

I totally agree klmartin62. The use of words like chemistry or whatever else you want to call it is just a cover up for saying physical attraction. I mean, why really do we post pics on these websites if not to see if we're attracted to those people. But, I do believe that we have to be attracted to those we are interested in in order to progress into a relationship. I think that where things go wrong is when a relationship gets built on physical attraction alone, instead of seeing others for who they are underneath

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Oct, 2008 10:21 PM

The most beautiful women I have ever seen, had nothing to do with outward appearances. They all had one thing in common, you could see their love for the Lord. It radiated from them like a warm glow. Love and peace flowed out from them like water. I don't think there are any physical attributes that can compete with that kind of beauty.

Just my humble opinion,

Leon

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6