Author Thread: Struggling with my brothers alcoholism....
lululuvsGod

View Profile
History
Struggling with my brothers alcoholism....
Posted : 19 Dec, 2009 07:00 PM

HI my name is Lucy..I am just seeking prayer for my brother named Phil. I currently live with my brother and I feel it is not by any accident that God has me here..However, my brother as of this past weekend took back to drinking. He is not a typical alcoholic..as he drinks at least 1/2 a gallon of vodka a day. We have tried ALL sources of help as a famliy. I know the biggest key missing for my brother is that he is not saved..He doesnt beleive in God..he always says higher power..I see him battling this and he is so lost. He needs Jesus..I dont want him to leave this earth without him. Just three months ago, my brother was on life support, and he was bleeding from his brain, stomach, kindeys liver, pancreas and had a grand mall seizure and a stroke..this was all due to excessive drinking. He goes on what they call binges..Today makes day number 5 he has spent drinking and eating his vodka..I dont know how to reach him..He was up today and walking around a bit I made him food and he could not speak..Here he was eating and he cannot answer..I need prayer for spiritual wisdom and discernment..but more importantly..that my brother would be saved..If his flesh had to die so be it from all the damage..but I cannot and do not want to know what it is like to lose someone you love spiritually...Please join with me to pray for his knowing Jesus and finding him...adn letting go...Thank you all brothers and sisters in Christ..may you have a wonderful blessed Christmas...Thank you for your prayers....Lucy

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Dec, 2009 09:10 PM

dear lucy,, welcome to the forums.. and will do ..i do feel mighty bad for you.. its so tough to be caught up in it.. when it aint you thats the alcholic.. hang tough girl..

ole cattle

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Dec, 2009 10:01 PM

Hey Lucy, I will pray for Phil. I will pray for you too. That God will keep you covered so that you can be strong to be whatever God needs you to be for your brother now, and in the near future. Thank you for being transparent enough to share this personal crisis with us. In love, *GraceMae

Phoebe2

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2009 01:11 PM

Dear Lucy, sorry for your brother's situation.... will pray for him, and for u too.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2009 01:16 PM

Dear Lucy, will do Lady...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Dec, 2009 04:29 PM

My Prayers Too!

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Dec, 2009 08:09 PM

Hey Lucy.... message me and let me know how your brothers doing. (I see you moving around post tonight, just thought I'd ask)

GraceMae

lululuvsGod

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Dec, 2009 06:40 PM

Hello all...just wanted to give you a quick update. My brother is still drinking : ( ...But please keep praying for him. As I said before, it is so important that he finally find Jesus and I know in my heart that is the key to what he is missing and needs to overcome this addiction and all that oppression he is under. I would ask that you keep my son Jacob in your prayers as well. I dont like a 10 year old having to witness this. This is but one of MANY struggles and tests that I am under..please pray for me as well that I may have Gods strength to keep moving forward....Blessings to you all...Love in Christ....Lucy

Phoebe2

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Dec, 2009 12:17 PM

Dear Lucy, will keep praying for you, your brother & son, and by faith we will hear good news soon....God bless your life.

Happy New year! :glow:

In Him,

Phoebe.

lululuvsGod

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Dec, 2009 07:00 PM

GOOD NEWS ALL.....I arrived home today from work ( well my brothers house ) and when I pulled in the garage with my son Jacob..My brother opened up the inside door..He was up and around and could talk...I am so at a loss for words...all glory, Honor and praise be to God...He is fighting as he said today..I am able to talk to him for the first time in two weeks...he is actually trying to be sober...God help him threw this..Thank you all so much. Please keep praying..as i shared before he needs Jesus in his life..that is the main thing..amen? God bless you all...(((((HUGS))) to all your nice comments...Love in Christ Lucy

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Dec, 2009 07:45 PM

Praise God Lucy!! Love you!!

GraceMae