Author Thread: I quit my job and left my church. *Need some encouragement and some prayers!
Admin

I quit my job and left my church. *Need some encouragement and some prayers!
Posted : 10 Jan, 2010 03:21 PM

About two or three weeks ago I quit my job at my (former) church's daycare. I did it for what I think was extremely good reasons and I got my old job at the local movie theater back instantly. I do believe that I did the right thing but I am having a really hard time.

I am over analyzing everything that went wrong. I left the church. I miss the kids. It was just so messy how it ended. I lost trust & respect in people that I've know almost my whole life.

I am just struggling and I want to stop thinking about it. I need some prayers. I do know that God has something so much better for me. Some good that did come out of it was that I decided to go to school when before I was 99 percent sure that I would not go to college. So yeah. that is the summarized story of my situation.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2010 04:01 PM

dear noel, will be prayin..

ole cattle

lululuvsGod

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2010 06:04 PM

It will all work out Noel...I am sorry that you were hurt by those you knew and love....God will strengthen you and lead you in the path you need to be on..Praise God that you decided to go back to school..i wish you the best and will be praying....stay strong in Christ.....

GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2010 06:56 PM

Hi Noelle, I will pray for you. Keep God in your heart, and trust in Him. Here are a few scripture passages. I hope they give you encouragement and you are motivated by them as you move forward.

- Proverbs 16.3 Commit your works to the LORD and your plans will be established.

- Proverbs 16:20 He who gives attention to the word will find good, and blessed is he who trusts in the LORD.

- Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the rigtheous runs into it and is safe.

Continue to pray that God allow you an entrance back into the lives you were so close to before and open another venue for you to serve with the little ones again. God bless you. ~GraceMae

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2010 08:54 PM

Thank you very much everyone!

Agnos

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Jan, 2010 08:26 PM

Noel, I just saw your posting, maybe you are better by now, because God is good and because you have received strong encouragement here...

One thing I would like to add... we love being in a congregation and been active in there, but sometimes, no matter the reasons are, we see ourselves in some kind of a "desert". The reason could be our fault or others' fault, to put it in a short sentence, but no matter the situation is, you have to remember that you are not alone!!! God is always with you... always, do not hide your face from Him...

Being in "the desert" sometimes is part of our live, at least for the majority of us. When the pain is hard, pray, if you don't have the answer, wait and keep praying for understanding and wisdom to move on... if you don't "feel the presence of the Lord" ... remember that you don't have to feel it.... HE IS THERE ANYWAY!!!!!... don't trust your emotions... trust Him!

He will help you in the solitude, in the despair, in your doubts... always!

I join the group to pray for you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Jan, 2010 12:56 AM

Thank you. I needed that. Today has been rough.