Author Thread: Fitness Challenge Week 1
Admin

Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 16 Jan, 2011 05:51 PM

This weeks goal in the fitness challenge is to drink 8 8oz glasses of water per day and walk the equivalent of 1 block for 4 times this week.

Over time we will increase the fitness challenges.

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 17 Jan, 2011 09:04 AM

Deb, it's the same for me, the water thing is the challenge for me.

Here's a tip: if you drink water while eating, instead of coffee or soda, you have drunk water.

Question for anyone, do you think tea or the juice of fruits should be counted as fruits?

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 17 Jan, 2011 09:05 AM

Okay, that did not make sense, what I meant was should tea and the juices of fruit, should they count as water?

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 17 Jan, 2011 03:50 PM

BG you are to funny

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 17 Jan, 2011 06:56 PM

Bicycle = 3 miles

Pilates/Stretching = knee to chin�8, cross leg thing�8, leg lift�8, deep knee bend on heels�8.

V Kat, thank you, if it wasn't for this thread I would of blew off the bike ride to night in the pitch dark and fog/drizzle, but once I got going and my eyes adjusted it was fun, saw a big owl and a heard a bunch of frogs that hatched out in the recent rains!

MargoSolo

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 17 Jan, 2011 07:33 PM

Still trying to drink all the water. I'm just halfway through. I had a big lunch so I didn't have any room to put it. So, I've learned a lesson...either drink your water first, or don't have a lot for lunch..but the day's not over yet.

I will get the walking done, that's not the hard part.

Elisa

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 17 Jan, 2011 07:50 PM

Well, I walked 2 blocks and climbed up and down 12 flights of stairs. As for water, did NOT meet the goal today.

Tea and juice...nope, not water. Water is water is water.

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 17 Jan, 2011 07:54 PM

Well, I did drink some water, but not nearly enough for the challenge. Will start over and try again tomorrow.

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 17 Jan, 2011 08:34 PM

Seems like 8 oz of water � 8 glasses = 64 peas

Does that sound right?

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 17 Jan, 2011 08:42 PM

Water no problemo.

Walking. Errrrr. God help me :prayingf:

Tulip89

View Profile
History
Fitness Challenge Week 1
Posted : 17 Jan, 2011 10:48 PM

I'm just gonna leave this here because I'm a contrarian:http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp

As far as the exercise went, I didn't really get much more than a few flights and walking around a gun store for an hour or so. Oh, and I changed my oil. Considering how hard everything was to unscrew, that has to count as exercise.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5