Author Thread: The Final Straw
OutOfStep

View Profile
History
The Final Straw
Posted : 15 May, 2011 06:28 PM

I got set up with a Deaf girl from Gallaudet, the local Deaf college. I am a fluent signer, so I was fine with communicating, but I don't do blind dates. My co-worker said he thought we would match perfectly. After 2 minutes into her not making any attempt to conversate, I spent dinner trying to ask her questions and regalling tales of humour, but to no avail. We were eating at this Irish restaurant in D.C. and they have THE most amazing Guiness ice cream, kinda like a creamy version of Dublin Mudslide, sans the chunks of stuff.(ice cream is Gods gift to taste buds, if it isn't in the Bible, it should be) Before ordering, I asked her if she wanted anything, she said no. When my ice cream hit the table, she took 2/3 of it to the face in one breath. On the inside, I lost my mind. I smiled through it, walked her back, stayed a gentleman. But there was no 2nd date...

View Profile
History
The Final Straw
Posted : 17 May, 2011 06:58 PM

You coulda just ordered another ice cream and considered the whole thing romantic.

OutOfStep

View Profile
History
The Final Straw
Posted : 17 May, 2011 08:11 PM

I might be healthy now, but I grew up a fat boy. You don't snatch food off a fat boys plate. And my ice-cream? Deal-breaker...

View Profile
History
The Final Straw
Posted : 17 May, 2011 09:48 PM

She could have my ice-cream, but I'd hope she'd understand why this would be the first and last date. LOL~~~~~~ I hear what you're saying, OutOfStep!

View Profile
History
The Final Straw
Posted : 17 May, 2011 09:48 PM

LOL. :ROFL:

OutOfStep

View Profile
History
The Final Straw
Posted : 17 May, 2011 10:30 PM

...and the sad part is, if it had been my steak or potato, I would've been vexed, but sedate. But you NEVER touch the ice cream.

Rachel_Grace

View Profile
History
The Final Straw
Posted : 19 May, 2011 03:14 AM

That must have been some pretty tasty ice cream!

I don't blame you, though.. Taking food off of someone else's plate is rude.. ESPECIALLY if you just met them..

Sorry, buddy. :(

Aimee07

View Profile
History
The Final Straw
Posted : 27 Oct, 2011 08:34 AM

I feel you...if it were me, i would've said... "drop your spoon! keep your hands up and slowly step away from the ice cream..."

lolz

nice story...made my day..thanks! :)