Author Thread: True Love.
Mark1123

View Profile
History
True Love.
Posted : 19 May, 2011 12:35 PM

What is true love? I have found through trial and error, maturing and with God's wisdom that true love is founded in agape love which can only come from the heart of God!!! Agape love is selfless, giving, compassionate and a supportive kind of love. It's a love that has no self-centered and self-seeking motives! A true, Godly, romantic love is not infatuation. Infatuation is mainly physical and can be very shallow. It can be very temporary and when the infatuation wears off what is left? If a relationship is not based on a true, agape love based on the heart of God then it will ultimately fail!

Us men tend to focus on the physical which is shallow and is very dis-respectful to women!! Attraction has some importance but should never be the focus. I would rather be with a woman who is not a model but who has this Godly, agape love in her heart and will share her heart and struggles with me and I can feel safe sharing my heart and struggles with her.

This kind of love would include respect, honesty, trust, humility, being a comfort and a support, being a best buddy and allow them to be themselves and not try to make them what you want them to be.

View Profile
History
True Love.
Posted : 20 May, 2011 06:31 PM

"1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 13:1-13)

~

angel_of_fire

View Profile
History
True Love.
Posted : 22 May, 2011 08:10 PM

Simply put, true love for me is a selfless love. One which someone very seldom feels towards their loved ones.

We love our children because they are the fruits of our love with someone. But would we love them if they did not come from our own flesh?

We love our partners because we know they love us for all that we are. But would we love them if we know they do not have the inkling to love us back?

We love our friends because they have given us the reason to be friends with each other. But would we love them if they have not been friends to us?

True love is something we feel towards other person without thinking anything about ourselves.

View Profile
History
True Love.
Posted : 27 May, 2011 06:58 AM

Well said angel of fire. :applause:

ruthsan

View Profile
History
True Love.
Posted : 29 May, 2011 11:01 AM

There is NO SUCH thing!!!! It was man made illusion!

just saying..

R

Mark1123

View Profile
History
True Love.
Posted : 1 Jun, 2011 09:41 AM

True Love that comes from God is possible for all of us christians. We just have to trust and believe. I don't think that man can truely love without God in his heart but do not give upon love!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you have had bad expereriences in relationships that does not mean that true love is not out there! Patience in finding true love and watiting on God are the keys! I have had a couple bad experiences in relationships but I will not give up on finding that true, Godly love!! Mark

View Profile
History
True Love.
Posted : 5 Jun, 2011 03:56 PM

Back in Sept of 2006, I wrote a little poem of my heart break with my first love called "In the Garden of Life" and wanted to share. He and I met each other again (after 30 yrs) on classmates dot com and I thought that my first love was going to be my last love...well, I was wrong. Anyway, here is the poem:

Flowers that were once blossoms

Have withered

And died as your love for me did

Many years ago.

My First Love has abandoned me

To the wolves

And His Heart Has Grown Cold.

There is NO PASSION, NO COMMITMENT,

NO ONENESS.

It saddens me.

May God return my joy for living, as my

First Love can not.

So, I think that True Love comes from God through Christ. To know the Father, you must pass through the Son. And if two people, a man and a woman want that True Love, they must each know Christ, they must each be equally yoked.

View Profile
History
True Love.
Posted : 5 Jul, 2011 06:39 PM

Very well said, Faithofamustardseed.:applause:

Aimee07

View Profile
History
True Love.
Posted : 27 Oct, 2011 08:38 AM

I believe that it is true love when the person you chose to love chooses to love you back...and chooses to do so everyday... :)