Author Thread: Things that make you...
bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Things that make you...
Posted : 25 May, 2011 06:52 PM

I've come across several things lately that have left me shaking my head, looking puzzled, or just plain !

What are some things that make you 1) shake your head, 2) look puzzled, or 3) just laugh? (Not necessarily all three at once!)

One thing that just makes me shake my head is the advertisement at the top of my screen right now. It is for a dating site (that will remain nameless). There are many pictures of really good-looking guys and girls. It says something like "View singles in Athens!" Trouble is, when I'm at work, those same pictures pop up with the captions "View singles in ---- " and it lists a city near my workplace. On vacation, those pictures show up yet again, with yet another city listed! Those people sure do get around a lot, huh? **shakes head** :laugh:

View Profile
History
Things that make you...
Posted : 25 May, 2011 07:42 PM

Good thread idea!! :)

Sometimes the bickering posts in the Biblical section makes me shake my head and laugh!! Haha!

View Profile
History
Things that make you...
Posted : 26 May, 2011 12:52 PM

Often I shake my head and LOL at the antics of our friendly neighborhood chocolate thief ! (Dennis).

View Profile
History
Things that make you...
Posted : 26 May, 2011 06:36 PM

Oh, I had to stop reading the Biblical section. Way, WAY too much arguing and judgement there!

My sister told me of an olive grove her and my brother-in-law visited recently on an anniversary weekend trip. 150+ year old trees were trimmed to 8 feet, then boxed in custom boxes and shipped half-way across the state to be replanted. The mind boggles at the scope and depth of that project.

View Profile
History
Things that make you...
Posted : 28 May, 2011 08:18 AM

my nephew and Rascal ~~~~~ Some of the reality t.v. shows usually have me shaking my head too.

View Profile
History
Things that make you...
Posted : 29 May, 2011 11:18 AM

I shake my head too! Especially about the photos on dating sites being the same, lol! I know exactly what you mean, I'm still waiting for mine to show up somewhere, though I may not quite be the best advertising face!

View Profile
History
Things that make you...
Posted : 30 May, 2011 12:48 PM

I'll go along and shake my head also, about the use of pictures, on these sites...hmmm. But I try to keep a smile, and enjoy a good laugh.

riveroflife1

View Profile
History
Things that make you...
Posted : 1 Jun, 2011 02:02 PM

men that think they're Romeos make me shake my head and laugh, for sure (the lines you guys come up with are hilarious)

I agree with the others re: the biblical forum

my dog makes me laugh cuz sometimes I swear she understandes what I'm saying to her!

people that dont respect their elders make me shake my head.

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Things that make you...
Posted : 3 Jun, 2011 09:18 AM

These are interesting things! Keep them coming!

Something else that makes me shake my head...people who post the identical thing in EVERY. SINGLE. FORUM. Sometimes the post is really good, but seriously? Every forum?

I'm not criticizing those people, but here is a word of advice: stick to posting something in just one or two forums -- I bet just as many (and maybe more) people will read it, and there will be a FAR better discussion about it because everyone is posting their comments in one or two places.

View Profile
History
Things that make you...
Posted : 16 Jun, 2011 07:09 AM

Recently one of my Chinese friends has started calling me by my last name and it makes me laugh hysterically because one of my best friends has been calling me by my last name for years... and because most Chinese people can't say my name right - most of them call me Kitty, but I have also been called Kite, K-ta (strong emphasis on the T), and even Gary. I just laugh when I hear my last name because I know exactly who it is!